Friday, August 7, 2009

He's Just Not That Into You

YES!!! That dude doesn’t really send you! Gba!!! Deal with it. Put am for body. Chin up. And keep it stepping. Not the end of the world. Another one will come. When you start to wonder if a guy is interested in you or not, or when you start making excuses for him not communicating with you- then sweetie that’s a sign. Pack your luggage and move on.

Before I start my usual talk about men (I’m forever talking about boys n’it? It’s becos I no get one- LWKM), I just want to say a big thank you to Scarlet for her kind words. You actually find my writing inspiring? Lol!! I actually laugh at this Tigeress blog of mine. I call it my play play blog. But thank you me dear. I’m really delighted to know that someone out there actually likes my blog. Another person I’d like to thank is Cici. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.

Back to my story story. So I watched the movie He’s Just Not That Into You last night and OMD was that Gigi character for real? She soooo deserves the wth x3. WTH WTH WTH!!!! Now for we ladies who are still in the dating scene- let us not front we have all been guilty of Gigi’s character. Well maybe not as over the top as she was cos dang that child was on another level of Desperation that she ‘over’ put herself out there. But at some point we’ve been guilty. Look, I still did it this week- stared at my phone wondering why he had not called, wondering when he’ll call, and hoping he’ll call. Although this Gigi girl seemed over the top, I’m sure there are plenty plenty girls out there who are just as bad. I mean when you put your life on hold waiting for that phone call. When you make the first move, call the guy and leave a retarded message on him vm or leave a scripted message. When you orchestrate bumping into a guy. Or you’re always the one having to reach out to him before you communicate. Or you don’t hear from him for days after you shag him. Or you don’t generally hear from him often becos of his so called busy scheduled. Or he’s always trying to get into your knickers each time you see. Or a guy who has not made any effort to woo you or emotionally feed you and yet feels he has the rights to rub ur tits or exercise his prick between your legs (HISSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!). Or he doesn’t take you out on dates/social functions where u can be seen together. Or you call him and courtesy doesn’t demand he return your calls. Or he never asks after your well being. BOLLOCKS!!!! And I repeat- UTTER BOLLOCKS!!!! I mean seriously?!!! Dude no send you! How could women conclude that such a guy likes them? I mean he might like what’s between ur legs but does he have good intensions towards you or does he hold you dear to his heart? Somehow I doubt that. I mean, men help me out here. I’ll use myself as an example:

Youngins (my baby daddy bf who loves the attention his baby mama gives him and who shacked up with her only few weeks after making a pass at me) never ever thought of taking me out or on a date. I tell Youngins about Ope (they are namesakes and btw Youngins definitely reads my blog- hissssssss!!! Only God knows how he got my blog) and all of a sudden he wants to meet up with me for lunch and the next nite we go out to dinner. I mean I’ve known Youngins for 8ms and he has always worked 10mins from my office but never has he thot to take me out to lunch. But he hears about Ope and he’s shaking. Now this is what amuses- for some unexplainable reason- Youngins reckons me and him should be snogging/rolling in the hay. E gba mi- to ri kini? Cos u’re yellow and cute? Seriously? Actually he justifies he sexual attempts to him liking me. Dude, seriously? I mean do I look that horny? Are there girls out there who give it up all becos a guys says he likes her. Wanting to grope me does not define your likeness for me. I mean dude makes it so easy for me not to be interested in him.

Then there’s Protocol. Now Protocol is one guy I can say I’m definitely interested in. He’s a Christian. He understands the importance of God in our lives. Spiritually he can feed me. Don’t get me wrong o, it’s not as if- if I should rub his chest now he’ll tell me sister Tigeress take it easy o! Dude will whip out his raincoat quick quick. LWKMD!!!! But Protocol doesn’t call me. He’s busy. To be honest the few times I’ve called him regarding sorting out my NYSC- the conversations have been great. He’s one of those guys that without saying those exact words- u’ll think (know) that he’s feeling you. But the truth of the matter is- even tho he’s in Naija if Protocol really was interested- he’d call me on the regular. He no send me!!! But this Protocol has entered my eyes. If I should catch him!!! Lol!!

PennS (Sex with my Penn Station Crush)- him I’m not really sure of. Cos me I can't marry a Muslim. And dude needs to marry omo Yankee cos of ‘papers’. Me- na green passport wey me I get. But yeh, PennS (btw is still looking sexy as hell- hehehehe) is kinda back on the scene. I don’t know what he wants from me cos he’s met the babe he’s planning to marry to collect his iwe. He wan marry 2 wives? Just like Youngins, he too bases his reason for hitting on me becos his likes me. And u know what’s so funny- the perplexed look on their faces when I tell them to back the hell off and not touch me in any shape of form. They have this look as if it’s foreign to them. Lol!!! So now that me and him know we can't marry- what exactly can he want other than sex? And btw, in as much as I think he’s hot, I am SOOOOOO not interested in him. God has delivered me. Lol!!!

And there’s FRO. Let me not deceive myself, FRO no send me jare. At least what I’m looking for- he doesn’t have to offer me. Feelings are mutual towards each other. But would I want to marry him? Would he want to marry me? Eeeemmmmm………………????? I guess we’re both curious as to what could have been. What might have been? All the ‘what if’s’. That closure- we’ll get it.

Now ladies, it’s not every single or good looking guy you put into the dating pool or you consider for marriage- at least not immediately.

E.g. Ope who is good at keeping in touch and at the same time not a nuisance and constantly declares his feelings towards me and is already making plans for us against my next trip to Chicago but yet still has a picture of him and his so called ex girlfriend as his profile picture. His reason? He just left it there- he can't be bothered. I mean seriously? No.1 it’ll take you a few seconds to take that off. No.2 as long as you have your (ex) babe all over your FB- no one’s gonna think you’re single. No.3 if indeed he just got out of a relationship like a month and a half ago- then he has no business looking for something intense so soon.

And there’s Fresh. Fresh Fresh Fresh. Hehehehehe!!! I have never looked at him in the light other than some dude I’m friends with. But very recently I caught myself thinking eeeemmm……maybe. I mean, I don’t see him and perve on him they way I do on PennS but still- dude is cute!!! But that ‘maybe’ came to a screeching halt after talking to him yesterday. Dude goes and I quote, “I just came out of a relationship, and I’m not looking. If my ex wasn’t African American, we’d still be together”. At least that what I think I heard. Well with that said- my open mind became closed. Lol!!! I mean what’s the point? Let me close my mind, remain friends, keep in touch and when dude is back in the market- then I’ll open my mind back up (if I’m still single)- nah? Lol!!

Look my fellow bloggers- I’m sure some will not agree with my ideology. But me I want to marry. There is no point ‘talking’ to a guy who is not in the mind set of getting married. I don’t want to talk to a guy to see if we can be bf/gf. I want to talk to him to see if we are compatible for marriage. I’m not ashamed to say it. After all I’m 30.

Speaking of which my birthday is on the 21st. Can’t believe I won't make it to London to celebrate with family and friends. :( I’ll be spending my bday alone (I don’t really have friends in NJ and I’m not going to Chicago). I refuse to spend my special day with some random person(s). Must of all I can't believe I won't be getting any bday snog (kiss) talk less bday nukie. Hissssssssss!!!! And God knows I need a proper good snog. A little rolling in the hay won't do no harm either. Which reminds me- I had the opportunity of kissing Fresh but didn’t. Just couldn’t. Didn’t feel right. We could have kissed in the rain under the umbrella but I chickened out. Maybe next time. But then again, what’s the point?

Look ladies, if a guy sends you, he'll let you know loud and clear and he'll call you on a regular. For me, I guess the 'wait' still continues. This MRS- we go collect am- Isha Allah! LMHO!!!!

38 comments:

Tigeress said...

pls, i dont want anyone complaining about my long post. if its too long for u- close the browser sharp sharp. :):)

And yes, i'm FIRST!!!

Nice Anon said...

You are crazy! How can you be first on your own blog?

I know what you mean though.. If are looking to settle down then it makes every sense to hang out with folks who have the same interest.

I have come to understand the bit about a guy being into you. It is no rocket science. He'd always wanna be around.

Flourishing Florida said...

LWKMD! Tigeress!!!! Ur life full oh! Love it. Reminds me of my own roll-call. Na mehn, 2007 was like a nightmare year for me as far as dating goes. I was Gigi more times than i would like to admit. By Dec 6th, the day i came face to face with a 'boyfriend's' fiancée, i felt this has got to be a curse!!!!!!!! plus my rebound man wasn't even taking my calls anymore, and was ignoring my texts. I don't think i've felt so undesirable in my life!

Guess wot they say is true: the darkest moment in the night ushers in daylight. Just by Feb 7th 2008, i met my husband!

Praying 4 d same testimony for you!

Fabulo-la said...

Since both of u have been disqualified from ckaiming first, Im claiming it.
First!. lol

But you know I used to make excuses for pplethat were in diff..timezones/countries but the truth is, if he is really into you it dsnt matter where in the world he is.
Or how far apart your timezones are.
...its hard to believe but sootrue..

cici said...

omg...girl its like u talking to me i can totally to the he's not hat into u story cuz I hve been in exact situation...checking ur phone for missed calls from him always waiting for him to call...no he don't even call, all he always do was to text and that text gan comes only once in a blue moon yet every time we meet he's always like "girl u too much, u so hot, u too cute" blah blah blah ...and everytime we had sex I won't get any text from him till like 2 days after...the worst part of all he told me he has a gf after about 6month? talk about knife in my heart...but thank jesus I got over that ........

cici said...

and u welcome and thanks for he shout out gurl...u should see me now I'm blushing.....lol

bumight said...

i like this post cos it reads like a mid-term review of all d guys u ever blogged about, lol
i read the book (but i havent seen the movie yet) but i need to soooo watch the movie - cos d book breaks down the truth to you succintly!

great read :)

NaijaBabe said...

I need to watch that movie too o!!

Hmm so which one of these guys looks like a potential now?

Piscean said...

i have always admired your honesty. Seriously ladies need to open their eyes sharp sharp and know when a man isn't into them. I always say if he is in to you, nothing can keep him away so no long distance excuse, no busy excuse. Love ur blog!

Repressed One said...

Omo that Gigi babe was on ANOTHER damn level!! I have a post on the movie somewhere in my archives...

That's my mantra mehn...and there's no shame in admitting it. I'm woman enough to accept that a man just isn't into me and keep it moving even if it burns a tad...cos really who doesn't like thinking they are they best thing since sliced bread? lol

"If a man wants you, he will chase you"

Giagerry said...

lol about u always talking about men cuz u aint got one.loool
nd that movie was just soo great!

check out my blog o, E-service coming to blogsville really soon!

chayomao said...

That movie was just that, ON ANODA LEVEL!
But shoo, it seems like your life fit dey for big screen. the tori too much! lol

in btw, how can u be first on ur own blog? Infact i can claim first, if it is like that! Haba! lol

BSNC said...

kai babe only you one. I have not still seen that movie o. I am going to watch that movie and hagover this month, come rain,come sun....

happy birthday in advance. where is the party at??

mizchif said...

Watched the movie, read the book and would seriously recommend it as part of some women education syllabus, cuz we sisters really need the lessons there.

Now it's hi time all these guys realised there is NO MORE FREE MILK!
Time to buy the cow dudes!

Cidersweet said...

Hi!
Thanks for this post. I can never tire of gist/advice like this. I watched the film too, but it really nice- tho it wasn't as cool as I imagined (having watched Greg Bre... can't remember his surname) on oprah.
Anyways, have a luvly weekend!

Ms. 'dufa said...

what does LWKMD mean? Nice Nice Nice...I think I needed that. For me, its not that easy to accept that a guy isn't feeling me and I need to back off. Though I may not come on as strong as Gigi, but in my head I'll be making all sort of ridiculous silly excuses.

Thanks. This post was God-Sent! Like I said, I needed it!

downtheaisle said...

when i watched the movie, I related so much with Gigi, I kept on wishing/praying that I was the exception and not the rule, until I met my husband and I could easily tell that when a Man is into you, he's into you ...no story!

Quaggar said...

I think its high time i watched that movie...

Lovely post tygarr... Here's to a happy 30th in advance, and to all the goodies lurking within... Mrs inclusive. Do i hear an Amen?

NoLimit said...

True yarns gal! A guy wey no send you no send you at all...there's no grammar there!
If he's into you...he'll definitely keep in touch!!!
Great post...but shey you know London is the place to be this August? Every weekend in august is popping!!!

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

cant disagree with much of what you said


NIGERIAN CURIOSITY
IT WAS SO MUCH EASIER WHEN I ONLY HAD ONE...

~Sirius~ said...

This MRS- we go collect am- Isha Allah!


WORD!

ibiluv said...

i so wanted to strangle Gigi-who does that?

bob-ij said...

All these names Tigeress!! lol Protocol...heheheh But that movie was annoying...It was ok...I just hated how dumb they made the babes seem sometimes...but oh well!!
x!

Buttercup said...

Damn, Gigi was quite annoying, ahnahn! Hmm maybe you need to change cities if you can't find any worthy man in your area. I pray you find him{or he finds you} soon! Happy birthday in advance!! I hope you don't spend it alone :(

The Girl with the Red Hair said...

Lolz @This MRS- we go collect am- Isha Allah!

and I say an amen to that!!!

Writefreak said...

Tigeress! how can you be first on your own blog? lol...na you sabi!

Looks like this is a dilemna of the boys!

TayneMent said...

I liked that movie sha..Gigi was a tad bit exaggerated but there are women out there like her. It's always easier said than done sha, because sometimes you just know but you still act a fool and pretend like you can't see the signs.

ShonaVixen said...

I read the book way before the movie..loves the book and recommend it actually! Then the movie besides them ticking me off with that fake Africa and rubbish Shona @ the beginning I loved it!

Unknown said...

one order of MRS coming right up......with side order of Three kids.
Jus' let it be ehnn...MR's most definitelfy gonna find u

TRYBES said...

Your so sweet..You lift my spirits always after readin your post and i like it so much how you pour out your mind each time irrespective of whatever anyone is thinkin..
My fervent prayer is that the right man will come for you..at the right time..One that will appreciate you,lift you and ultimately be your king..
Your a voice for the voiceless in your own right and may God make you truly happy soon..


Best wishes Cherry!

Anonymous said...

"...and hoping he’ll call." but, i called severally. Your voicemail seems to be working overtime.

"...no point ‘talking’ to a guy who is not in the mind set of getting married." very true

...not even wearing a boot shall prevent you from been swept off come 21st.

Tigeress said...

Nice Anon- lol! ok, u- ure first. Yes o- not rocket science.

FFF- lol@ roll call. u naughty girl. hehehehe. I thank God for ur life- for ur husband.

Fabu- how u take do am. See dis 419 girl. u're like 3rd my friend! My dear no need for excuses- if he sends you- he'll create time.

Cici- most babes have been there- so dont sweat it. it's easier than done- but one just gotsto drop him like its hott! U're welcome :)

Naijababe- watch it- its not a blockbuster but it's still nice.
Potential ke? if there were- u wont be asking dat question.

Bumight- lol@ mid term review. thanks for stopping by me dear. :)

Piscean- @honesty-thank you. Yes we girls need to open our eyes and most especially know our self worth and love our selves.

Repressed1- there isnt even a big deal if a guy isnt into me. afterall there are plenty guys that like me and i dont like. ko si big deal.

Gee- is true now. If i had bobo and i'm talking about plenty other guys- wont 'yawl frown at me? lol!! Will check out ur blog.

Chayoma- omd, i felt like slapping the shii out of that Gigi girl. And the movie now eventually made it seem as if its ok to be retarded like her. hisssssss!

BSNC- thank u in advance. :)

Mizchif- lol@ recommending as syllabus. my dear- there was never free milk for them. I dont even have milk to offer dem. hehehe

Cidersweet- thanks for stopping by. I hope ur weekend was good. ;)

Tigeress said...

Ms Dufa- it means Laughing Wan Kill Me Die. Its not easy- but mehn but i've promised myself that my ex 'Romeo' will be the first and last guy i'll beg or chase. that was 10years ago- NEVER AGAIN!! If a guy likes you- he'll let u know loud and CLEAR!!! Don't be chasing man- i take God beg u.

Down-d-a- thank God you found ur knight in shinning armour. and i pray God will give u a loooooooong and happy married life. thanks for sharing.

Quaggar- hey sweetie, u good? Mrs Inclusive- what that? well i'll still say an AMEN!!! Thank u me dear!

NoLimit- tank u. Na true talk wey u talk.
I know London is the place to be now- was there same time last year.

SD- thanks for stopping by.

Sirius- lol@ collecting MRS! glad you found that funny. But Amen to that. lol

Ibiluv- I KNOW RIGHT!!! i was shouting at my TV screen.

Burracup- thank you in advance.:)

TGWTRH- ur name is long o. Meanwhile u get red hair? AMEN to that my sister. lol!!

Writefreak- dilema ke? what dilema? I dont see any dilema here o.

TayneM- a tad ke? OMD, her character was ridiculous and waaaaaaaaaay over the top. kilode? But na true talk. U act a fool- cos one doesnt care not even pretend not seeing the signs- but we act a fool cos at the point in time one doesnt give a toss.

Shona- loved the movie or the book?

BlackV- i like ur blog name. Very cool. Tank jare for my order. I like it VERY much! hehehehe

Lumidee (aka Trybes- right?)- thank for ur 'sweet' comment. I really appreciate. :) Thanks for stopping by. xxxxxxx

Writefreak said...

Hehehehehe, i was joking, i was even going to write lol at the end...how you doing?

Tigeress said...

I'm good. My laptop charger still hasnt arrived. :( add my other gmail to ur chat. u know what? email me at work.

The Girl with the Red Hair said...

It brings out the red color when the sun shine on it....just call me Miss Kikky

Kookie said...

If I forget HAPPY BIRTHDAY FOR THE 21ST!!

Anonymous said...

I love the movie too I havent read the book sha. I saw the movie at the cinema and went to buy my won copy. It was very amusing for me oo! i am sure some girls are like that. Atimes even if the guy calls and sends texts and takes u out, it doesnt guarantee anything oo. I had someone who we were always txting and calling, eating out at restaurants, seeing moveis at home and at the cinema cooking for each other ( he even cooked for me!) and he still walked! it was VERY good friendship. Only God is the gurantee o. these boys of nowadays, make God help us all. there are still good ones out there anyway cos mine is still out there and i am waiting....