Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Pre- I live with the devil's wife

LUMIDEE you have spoken wisely. Before i continue to part 2 of I live with the Devil's wife, i might as well talk about the pre......... I came to this conclusion of her being the devil's wife last nite. I'm sorry but my recent experience with her does indeed bother me and i honestly do not think she's ok. But i'll get to that. When u're ugly inside- no matter how pretty you r- u become ugly on the outside. ur behaviour overrides the beauty- i reckon.

So my emphasis on her single status and her following pastor. I'm sorry- as a protocol member u follow pastor on Sundays and Tuesdays (Bible study) ONLY. Thank God i know what it means to be a worker. Other evenings- she's at home. So that busy story- is a load of BS. I work 8-5, she works 9-5, so where she comes off insinuating that she's too busy and i'm the jobless one- is beyond me. As for her being single- thank God me sef dey single so i know there is no bobo taking up her time- we both dey house. Her emphasizing that she's in protocol doesnt move me. And so what if she is? If she likes- let her sleep for Pastor house. I really don't get why she goes on and on about it- am i meant to bloody pat on her back?

Now what brought about her email........ Now those of u who are Landlords in Yankee, pls help me out here o. Cos u know what ur responsibilities are and the importance of reading the law and giving the ordinance to ur tenant when lease is signed. I was nice enof to tell her to get the ordinance- but her response- she cant be bothered as she's too busy. Before a tenat moves into ur property, u make sure all appliances/utilities are working-right? Before i moved in she intensionally didnt tell me that the central air wasnt working in my room. So essentially when winter comes- no heating for me- but its summer now- will cross that bridge when the time comes. According to her- i shld leave my room door open so air coming from the 1st floor will reach the 3rd floor and she'll get the builder to come and take a look. OK????

The post box lock has always had issues which i told her- so a few days prior to the email the key had gotten stuck in the key hole- which i had to take the lock out in order for my keys to come out. I reported the situation to her verbally. So when she came in- few mins after me- she goes on to tell me that she's buying a new lock to the letter box and she'll be taking it out of my deposit. I no talk- wetin i fit do? Just put am for body- nah? So i go on to tell her that i went to see the 2nd hand AC's she gave me $50 for. After all- she's busy and me i no get work. This is something we cld have done together btw- after all I'm her roommates- not her assistant for her to delegate her responsibilities (as a Landlord) to. So i tell her- the 2nd hand AC's i'm seeing are bad that it looks like she'll have to get new one- and infact i've contacted a friend who can hook us up with a discount- add money to it and i'll go pick it up.

She goes on to tell me that she isn't buying a new AC as she did not budget for it- afterall i have a fan. AAAAAaaaaaah e gba mi!!! If any of u have lived in an attic- u'd understand how hot it is. Now the central AC gets everywhere in the house except for my room/attic. Anyway, after going back and furth she agrees to buy AC but she can't install it- and advices me to get one of my friends to come and install it and also fix the lock. AAAAAAaaaa e gb mi! Sey wetin, se pe my friend(s) have now become her houseboys? See me thinking me and her will do it together. My bad, i forgot- she's VERY busy.

Anyway, when she got home I was in the kitchen and had just started cooking- so i put on the AC. Few mins after our conversation she sends me a text from her room saying I shld not touch the AC going ffwd as she has programmed it. It's kuku her AC and I live there free of charge right?

Then there were very petty little things e.g. There was a time i was in the kitchen and i needed hot water. Obviously to get hot water- u have to leave the water to run. This babe decides to shut the water. I no talk. After all i dey live for en house free of charge abi?

Then i couldnt understand why she felt she had the rights to go into my room whenever i was not there without notifying me. I mean the day i moved in- she put a lock on her room door and a storage room- i no fit blame am cos if u see me- i do look like a thief. Afterall na green passport wey i get- so i fit steal her GC/blue pali. I could be a theif. And she had this habbit of moving my stuff! WHY!!?? How am i suppose to know there is an invisible line on the counter top that i cannot cross. How am I suppose to know that only her can put stuff on the fridge. How was I suppose to know I cant put my food stuff on a particular tray in the fridge?

And I couldnt understand why she got pissed becos i wanted my own LCD in my room and not in the living room.

Those of u that have vonage- know how it works. My rent includes landline but phone no dey work for my room and I need landline cos that is the number i use for my job search. Cant exactly be talking to recruiters on my cell at work. And i explained to her to let me pls plug my vonage into the internet box- wahala!!! Babe has something similar to vonage- so........she knows how it works.

When we orally agreed on rent- we agreed it'll include everything. I get the lease and she's included that if her utilities are higher than her current bills- i'll be responsible. aaaaahhhhhhh- LOL!!! Actually i just simply told her, and i quote "Don't let me lie to you, I will not pay you outside the $700 we agreed on". And my fellow blogsville- notin she fit do- let her take me to court over bills.

With all this- i kept quiet. I dey look like mumu. But with her email..........OMD!!!!!!! Thats was it!!! Look if person dey do like mumu, one shldnt continuously take the piss out of them. I have a reason why initially kept quiet. But i'm sorry- there's a limit to what I can take.

As for my room- i didnt even say anything- i put a lock on it tonite. There was no need for story story. Will she now go into my room after i head out to work in the mornings?

With the sort of person I am, i do not judge people based on what others say- I judge them based on my personal experience with them- but this is one situation where i wish i had listened to what others (my friends in Protocol of her Church) had said.

27 comments:

Nice Anon said...

Firstus!

Nice Anon said...

This isn't in the least bit a healthy environment for the both of you. There are trust issues, control issues and it seems your personalities will continue to clash.

Tigeress said...

Nice Anon- i so totally agree with you. I've tried to ignore her and will continue to till i move out. But when u live with someone- both parties have to understand that they cant have things their own way all the time. I've shared apartments in the past- this is her first time. As long as i pay rent- she cant control everything. As it is- i'm always in my room.

Miss Enigma said...

O ga o! This one don pass be careful. It's def clear the babe no sabi how to live in peace with person for house.

And I agree with Anon, that environment is not healthy...there is so much unseen tension in the air already.

Glad u put a lock on ur door...dat one of entering ur room wivout ur permission...tsk tsk dat I cnt stand. Well, u gotta find hw o deal with her for the period u r there.

Tke it easy n' be careful.

TayneMent said...

yup unhealthy environment. As much as moving is a bitch, it seems thats the best thing at this point. She is not the only one that likes peace of mind.

TayneMent said...

yup unhealthy environment. As much as moving is a bitch, it seems thats the best thing at this point. She is not the only one that likes peace of mind.

TRYBES said...

I call this one the dance of the absurd..Real macabre dance..

Hmm..This one na real roforofo fight o, with stark similarities to fuji house of commotion..lol..
If i were to give my two cents, certainly I’d tell you to endure, compromise and tolerate her the whole time you have left to stay but never be a fool even if you decide to play the dumb when she tramples on your rights.
Also,
From your notes, it does appear that she seems petty but you want your peace and making her every action count isnt goin to resolve anything but become a sequel to things getting beyond your control and certainly you dont want that..

Kookie said...

You have so much tolerance. After having lived with 3 girls in one house I wanted to die and take them with me for the stress they caused. Yah I can hear the warning bells that as far as dysfunctional tenant to landlord relationships go this one is going to overtake the worst if you dont move out.

ShonaVixen said...

What can i say that i havent said before??...Just glad you'll be moving out of there coz mehn even i got vexed with this girl!!

~Sirius~ said...

If you need extra help to put her in her place- I've got your back!
*hisss

Anonymous said...

Bia, how soon can you move out of there??? All that tension is bound to get explosive very very soon...pele o! I will never share a flat with anybody again - I once stayed in a house with 4 girls for a year - HELL!

Anonymous said...

hmmn...lil ol me thinks, that you should move out before the said woman should go and put sth under your bed oh...CALL ME SUPERSTITIOUS!

Tigeress said...

UnderCover- i know i watch too much Forensic/FBI files& cold cases- but fear dey grip me small make she no put synaid for my food- cos chick is eratic.

TayneMent- yeh i'm gonna move. Cant deal with stress. She has it in her head that I abide by her rules- u'd think i'm her daughter. i'm big on being fair- u treat people the way u want to be treated.

Lumidee- i don tire. she don see mugun. According to her she's doing me a favour by allowing me to pay $700 instead of $1000. Now my people- who in their right sense will pay $1000 to share an appartment in bloody Irvington!

Kookie- patience/tolerance is a virtue i'm trying very hard to acquire. I can only pray that God gives me the grace.

Shona- omd, u wont believe she has SIX guests. SIX!!!!! and my friend coming over is wahala.

Sirius- lol! tank u.

AJ- tank u o! The devil just wants to use this girl to make me sin. It's been ages since i've gotten this angry. I'll probably move Oct.

Tigeress said...

Chari- even tho my thots havent gone down that route- i've thot of her stabbing me in the middle of the nite or putting poison in my food. lol!!

Anonymous said...

Na real devil’s wife ooo. Even that is an understatement. Haba…. Her own too much oo. She can try a saint fa! My dear must you live there? Abeg leave and get somewhere more peaceful. I pity the man that will marry her o! Atimes we Christians do the “ baddest” of things and its always so painful. Some unbelievers are even more peaceful. Forming busy, forming activity, all na nonsense ooo I know we all have our shortcomings and inadequacies but we should be tolerant of others whether u are landlady or not. Pls look for a more peaceful place ooo. Run for ur life, I still want to read ur blogg oooo.. Abi???

Anonymous said...

biko leave as soon as u can oh..nd try not to leave open food lying around that she can poison..lol

BSNC said...

do you need help taking your things abeg, this woman is high on fowl shit..

Afrobabe said...

I think you need to move out…best solution both ways….get a new place, better still…move to UK jare...

Repressed One said...

Ah, i see....yea she's full of some cheap stuff. Biko do and pack comot.

bumight said...

i dont think she'll stab you in the middle of the night or something jare.
this is classic case of someone who thought in their head that they can handle being a landlord, but they obviously cant.
or maybe she has this idealized view in her head that she's the landlord and so she's the boss, forgetting that we no dey naija. once u pay your rent, you're entitled to a lot of stuff.

personally, i dont think i can rent from an individual/live with my landlord for just the same reasons you've highlighted here.

how long is ur lease for?

48 said...

This takes me baaacck...patience is tough especially when both parties have control issues - compromise is tough as well. For now, take heart and let peace reign - cordial avoidance may be the best way out.

chayomao said...

Tiger,
abeg how long is this lease for?
Coz this chica, it seems wont change one bit. if anything , get ready to see more SHINE UR EYES OH!
But u really need to sit her down and talk some sense into that her head. All this emailing is not good for the soul.
I no fit take all this nonsense. if na me, by now, the house don come down finish!
It is ridiculous.

cici said...

oh no that's like landlady from hell....the only thing I would suggest is that if the lease is not a long term least I would start looking for someplace else and for the main time u gonna have a lot of patient

Original Mgbeke said...

Ok I just went to read part 1. All in all, this tori get as e be. If y'all are starting out on a bad note, will you guys manage for the rest of the term?
Did you sign a 1 year lease? You might wanna consider moving out sha if things get worse cos ish is always kinda shaky between both of you. Sha, continue to observe the situation but I know that for me, after a long day of work...I don't wanna be rolling my eyes when I think about going home. I want to be happy and content in the space that I am paying rent for.

NaijaScorpio said...

Pele! I can't imagine living with such a person. Thank God i decided not to get a room mate.

Enkay said...

You guys didn't get off on the right foot at all!

And the way it's going, it's likely to get worse, unless of course you decide to overlook some things.

Living with difficult people, in my experience, is one of the hardest things I've ever had to do.

Trust me, I know what I'm talking about!

Zayzee said...

i had to go read the previous to understand this.

where on earth did you meet this landlord that cant communicate except through emails?

I serioulsy don't envy you o. I just pray you guys can resolve this so you both can have peace.