and I kid you not!!! I live with an emotionally, mentally, physically UGLY (as the devil himself) single 31 yr old girl. Who has no friends and dedicates her spare time following her pastor.
Background: I share a townhouse with the owner. I live on the top floor- which is a decent size room- walk in closet, and bathroom. Retarded girl signed a lease agreeing that i pay $700 per month including utilities and internet/cable/phone. Wetin consan me? Na she guck am. Babe works as an accountant- normal office hours and spends her other spare time doing protocol work for her Pastor. Other than that- sha NO social life whatsoever.
Btw my move in date was July 11th. Our first email exchange is below. Do note- she's been doing her nonsense and i've been keeping quiet.
My flatmate= my roommate= my landlord= The devil’s wife (DW)
Email convo1- July 30th
DW: Hope you are having a good day. I just wanted to say something. I have never rented to someone before and I don’t know how things go, but I try to cut down on my hectic lifestyle as much as I can, so after a hard day at work, I like to come home if possible to a quiet, sort of ….”I don’t have to do anything kind of zone” and even though the AC is a big deal as you must be comfortable in the house, can you send me emails during the day if you have any issues within the house. Emails are better than texts or phone calls as I am in the work mode during the day so I can deal with issues accordingly. I will address them during the day so that when I come home at night I don’t have to do anything as I am mostly too tired to deal with anything when I come home in the evening.
Thank you for understanding.
Me: I understand. But also remember everything can't work your way, so I will be lying if I told you I’ll only contact you only according to your own schedule. So as long as we live under the same roof- I’ll address whatever issues I might have to u directly. When I pay rent- I’m not gonna text it to you nor email it to you. Speaking of which, I hope you saw it the cheque and cash on the kitchen counter top this morning.
Indeed it’s apparent that you have never had a tenant before. That is why I insisted you get the Landlord/tenant ordinance for yourself to read thoroughly and which should have been given to me the day I signed the lease. I on the other hand have and still is a landlord and know what the duties of a landlord is. You perfectly new that the room had no air before I moved in but u did not inform me. Read the ordinance you will KNOW that you are responsible to provide such basic utilities. So yes the AC is a big deal, and I would really appreciate it if one is installed into the room- I really do not want to have to sleep in the living room or have my guests sleep there becos my room is uncomfortable to sleep in.
DW, I’ve lived in your place less than month and even paid august rent early. Please it’s too early for any tenant/landlord issues. I for one have not done anything wrong- all I want is air in my room- afterall you have air in your room. If you have a problem getting the AC- let me know. As for the landline- all I ask is you allow me to plug in my Vonage- and I’m good. If having a home phone in my room is a problem, please let me know so we can discuss my rent and I get mine separately.
DW: I will get the AC , like I said installation immediately I can’t do as I have to figure out landline & internet which involves spending hours with technical support. Even though I have not been a landlord before, my peace and quiet is of utmost importance so yes, I want all issues kept to email correspondence as I cannot come home and have to deal with tenant issues…I can’t do that, my lifestyle is my lifestyle…upon coming home I must come to a quiet place otherwise I will go insane. My lifestyle demands that right now…I will be honest; in between my 9-5 and church work, I cannot add anything else on my plate right now. That is why I am doing everything possible to make u as comfortable as you can so that you will be happy there and we don’t really have to inconvenience each other in any way. As you can imagine my busy lifestyle, I never spent much time upstairs to really consider the heat as a major problem up there, so that is my bad….but that is not anything I did intentionally. You have pointed it out and I will be getting an AC for $100 that I never bargained for…I think I am fair as far as that is concerned.
I leave a very quiet, almost boring life so if.....................I would rather have it in an email format…that way I can deal with it as a “work” priority as I deal with and solve problems at work all day long..............You don’ t have to work on my schedule but I would rather have all my tenant request come in via email format.....................
Me: DW if you are so busy then maybe u shldnt have a tenant. This may come as a shock to you, but I too is tired when I get back from work- hence why I’m always at home. Look, I really don’t want to go thru the hassle of moving again but honestly staying in your place isn’t worth any stress. Being a Landlord I KNOW I’m a considerate tenant. I understand the importance of paying rent before the 16th of each month when the mortgage is due. I don’t like stress I really do not want to be unhappy living in your home. My past tenants have been horrible to me and I know how it affected me, so I know how a tenant shld behave. Even though I do not seek to be your best friend I strongly want things to be cordial between us- hence my reason for suggesting we do something together a few weeks ago.
I too live a quiet life and I’m sure you’ll agree with me that many times I’ve been in the house when you get home and you don’t see me. Yesterday- I was cooking, if not I’d have been in my room.
As for the Verizon we can install it together- u shldnt expect for me to install it on my own. As for the AC……….purchasing it is the first step- we’ll take it from there.
***********************************
To be continued........
27 comments:
lol i got this. ll be back
wait, so she's co-leasing or doing some kind of related thing.
She is entitled to her email-format discussion but she doesn't expect you to complain about the leaking sink via email, when you can see her sitting on the sofa? does she?
she may not know how to relate with tenants and wants to avoid confrontations but I guess you can teach her
3rd!!!
This your land-lady na wa oh!!!
which one conversations by emails only.
How can any one live like that
This your landlady-tenant-relationship-by-email will be very interesting o.
We are watching.
lol this is too funny.
As you can imagine my busy lifestyle, I never spent much time upstairs to really consider the heat as a major problem up there, so that is my bad….but that is not anything I did intentionally. You have pointed it out and I will be getting an AC for $100 that I never bargained for.
I dont know where to start from in this paragraph. Like you rightly said, she doesnt need to be a landlord.
This isn't in the least bit mature or even professional.
gosh i think she has a lot to learn about being a landlady, its a good thing she's got a tennant like you cuz other people would give her serious grief.
In my opinion its seems a bit rude to suggest all communications by email only afterall you guys will be staying under the same roof!!! some verbal communication is definately better, email conversation would just waste time
hmm your lady is one of a kind. lemme wait and see what happens
lol...that was so funny...email kwa?see her mouth.lol
This is why i swore off living with my landlords. too much hassle.
Looking forward to how this plays out.
...Lwkm...am @ wrk n this jst put me in a gud mood! Its pretty obvious she is new to the Landlord abi lady business. Communicating via e-mail is ok to an extent...but not for every single thing abeg. Dis is lyk a reality show...better than koko duplex (according 2 Scribbs)...lol...kip us posted.
Tigeress, I'll be honest with you. I love you but I dislike this post.
Firstly, except she has done something terribly wrong which you haven't said here, I don't know why you should start with saying she's mentally, emotionally, physically ugly. People are different, and you have to respect that. Some people put all of their effort into their church, if she absolutely hated it.. she wont have done it.
Secondly, I'm not sure if there were prior correspondence btwn both of you but your responses to her email sound confrontational at best. If you have an issue with her request (as I would)explain to her why she's not making sense without saying she can't have her way. She's your landlord, yes but she's also your roommate. So i can see why she wants landlord issues to be kept official. Apart from the fact that she may need a paper trail if things don't go right, she may just want to deal with you as a roommate.
I hope things work out for you both o, because living with someone you can't stand doesn't sound like fun.
hmmm...obviously there must have been a prior incident before this cos the tone of u guys' emails sound confrontational.
living with people is a compromise on both sides - and i think your landlord is having a hard time with it, but you sef! cool down my dear.
Hnmmm interesting...you might actually become cool buddies after all this plays out.
I'm watching out for part 2 :)
I'm with Sleek and Bumight. I wondered if something had happened before. I can see how her initial email may have rubbed you the wrong way, your reply came across rather harshly and confrontational.
Make una take am easy sha...no reason why things cant be amicably discussed.
hahah dis one na real email combat o...lmao!
na wa...
your blog is entertaining, but this post was really mean spirited on your end. You are far too aggressive, and I feel bad for your landlord. why call her all those ugly names, all because she hasn't yet put in the ac.
as usual, all of blogville will come here and kiss ass... not tell you the truth about the ugliness you've spewed
kaiii also--whats with you using "31 and single" against her... since when is that a problem? especially when that is your situation too? woah chilee
Razzz cool down for Jesus. If u read it u'll see I said part 1. Anyway dis na blogsville u fit yarn anything so..... Anyway my emphasis on what she does is becos she goes on about how busy she is. Her being single @ 31 is of no concern to me so I don't get ur point there.
Sleekest yup people r different but I'm sorry when someone's heart and personality is ugly- its ugly. No nice way to say it. As I said this is part1.
Bumight- yes there have been prior incidents that I've kept quiet all this while.
Mhen this is really ugly oo..If the truth be told and yes i know your a sweetheart but your emails sounds so much like you guys have a hatchet to bury..Let us in to what transpired btw you guys so we can judge accurately.
From your note,its almost probable that anyone would conclude that you went beyond the line but wouldnt be judgemental till i've heard the full story..
Cheers..
i like the whole email part...its easier to outline your issues via email so that it is documented and its also on record and leaves a trail..
also you dont have to deal with her on a personal level..i understand its annoying but since its what she wants...it can't be so hard obliging her...pele luv
Yeah actually be thankful she is not opposed to email. it seems childish but from a legal stand point that is the best thing for you right now.
I have missed ur blog... been so busy!!! Dis landlady brouhaha, na something else oo. U have to be careful my dear sis.. Very very... hmmm
Yinkus- exactly my sentiment. i dont have a problem using email but everything thing cant be done via email- common u're sitting right in front of me!!
Gwith Red Hair- she's even more of a roommate- we share the condo. Na real wa!! I just keep myself in my room. I get my food- and straight to my room.
NIMMO- thanks for stopping by. I'm still contemplating on puttnig up part 2- seems some folks are taking this post too personal. And me i dont like offending people. :)
Taynment- my point exactly. If she's too busy to attend to tenant issues- then she has no business renting out.
Scarlet- u have spoken wisely. i dont know how she can expect everything to be via email- i mean how trivial can that be?
Leggy- tank u o jare- at least someone finds it funny. Same to u Gee.
Chayoma- well na my fault- i felt if i kept to myself and paid rent- no wahala. But babe has different set of rules for herself and for me.
Razzz- who here as exactly kissed ass? I pray do tell?
Sleekest- apologies for not liking this my post? And thanks for the love?
Bumight- i think i responded to you already.
Blogoratti- i know there is no way we can be friends. There's a saying- show me who ur friends are and i'll tell you who u r. it's ok- i'm content with the friends I already have. :):):)
Doll- using email for every single thing is petty. eg she moved some of my stuff and i didnt know where she put it- was i to go upstairs and email her when i cld just directly ask her where she put my stuff?
K- for legal issues- yes i agree. Email is good from experience.
Abeni- thank u jare
Lol…sounds like you were ready for trouble as well…with both of you living a very busy life and wanting peace and quiet after work…one would think that was a union made in heaven….
ok, off to the latest to see what the issue was....
Post a Comment