Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Q&A's

I was gonna do an audio post for this but opted to write a post since I didn’t get that many questions. All the easier. Before u continue please check out my blog http://thecounselorandherthots.blogspot.com/

Scarlet asked: what would be ur ideal career/work?
Oh waow. Right now my career/job is one thing that concerns me the most. I had big dreams and hopes for my career. This might sound silly but I feel my career is one majour thing that defines me so I still have hopes. The only thing is that the older I get without getting there- the harder it’ll become eventually. So my ideal place I’d like to be in my career is a managerial Finance role where I’ll have analysts under me doing all the nitty gritty analysis for each product/sector/area etc while I’ll overlook the overall picture. I’d love to work for a company like UBS where I can work from home when need be. Work from any UBS office world wide.


Trybes asked: Have you ever been in a long distance relationship and can you be in one? No, I have never been in a long distance relationship and even though I’d rather not be in one, if it’s the right person then I’ll do it.
Secondly, what would you consider to be your weakness

My weakness will have to be me being impatient and not very tolerant.
and lastly how do you define an ideal man, ideal marriage and an ideal home.
Ideal man/marriage/home? That’s difficult to answer jare. Man- someone stress free, not selfish, understanding, God fearing, loves God, loves me etc. Marriage- someone who understands it takes a lot of work from both parties to make it work and with the help of God. Home- peaceful place to come home to where good conflict resolution exists.


Buttercup asked: *What is your greatest accomplishment so far or what do you hope to be your greatest accomplishment?
My greatest accomplishment so far is being strong enough to move to a new continent without help/family/friends and settle in literally by myself. Most people who moved to the US had somewhere to stay or room&board were paid for by their sponsors. I paid rent the night I landed in this country and have been doing so since then (changed to mortgage).

You've lived in both the UK and the States for quite a while, no? Which of the accents do you have?
I actually mainly have a Naija accent- I reckon. I kinda have my own accent going on Naija/Jand/Yankee- check it out The other woman and your husband: My take Pt2 (Audio post)
Which blogger would you like to meet the most and why?
Which blogger I’d like to meet? Emmm….. that’s a tough one. But I shall be partial and say Dante. Why? No particular reason. Dante is really sweet and pleasant. Guys tend to ‘demo’ and be full of shit but he doesn’t seem to chat smack and is genuinely pleasant. Plus I know when he sees me he’ll want to marry me. Hehehehe. I’ve started learning Igbo o.


Cici asked: Do u have any siblings? If yes how many and what position are u?
Yes I do have a sibling and also siblings (depending on who i'm talking to). I have a younger brother. Pretty cool dude. Lol!! Then again I have 3 sisters (17,16, and 7) but I don’t know them. They are my dad’s kids. I’m the first born, the first grandchild (from my mother’s side) and the only female child.

Kunte asked: how do you like to be kissed? What’s your sensitive spot? What’s your perfect weekend like?
Na wa for dese questions o! I shall try my best to answer. I’d liked to be kissed nicely? Sensitive spot- that’s rather vague cos I don’t have A sensitive spot so I’ll say my ears? Perfect weekend? Eemmm….. BBQ with friends and family, and a night out with my girls.

MyneWhitman asked: why did you leave chi-town?
I left because of work. My contract ended and a position opened here in NJ.

Shona asked: If you were going to be stuck on a deserted island, which 5 books, movies, people and foods would you take?
5 books- My Bible, Our Daily Manner, Karmasutra book, a glossy mag, I can't pick one of the good books i've read
5 movies- LOTR part1, Transformers, I can do all bad by myself, Slumdog M, Shrek
5 people- My brother, a babe for him, Djimon Hounsu (for me), my friend Ted, and a babe for him. U didn’t ask why, so….
5 foods- Plantain DEFINITE!!! Tomato, pepper, corn, beans

Would you ever merge this blog with the Counsellor Blog? (U know that's my fave blog of urs right?)
No I will never merge this blog with the Counsellor blog. That too is my favourite blog and it’s where I say/talk about serious stuff. Tigeress blog sha….lol!! I call it my play play blog.

U've now met some bloggers in person..who's the coolest?..sorry I know the answer to this one! Of course the coolest is me!
Ah-hem, sweetie we actually haven’t met in person. So u don’t count. Hehehehe. Coolest? Eemmm…..I would have said Vera but that girl is a thunder stealer jare. So I reckon all the bloggers (StandTall, Parakeet, Bunmight, Vera) are all cool peeps. Now if u ask which blogger I get along with the most or has become a good friend- then that would have to be you Ms. Shona.

Whats the one song no matter what mood you're in is set to bring a smile or a hint of a smile to your face?
Oooh, I have a few. But my all time favourite is Ain’t Nobody by Faith Evans. Have u listened to the words to that song?

25 comments:

Apinke said...

AM FIRSTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!
this is good.

can i ask my own question?

Anonymous said...

how come i never saw anything about ask a question?very nice questions though.

Unknown said...

hey
when were folks asking the questions.

@leggy you had better update, you have me addicted and now you want to slow down on blogging.

no way, i am living somewhat vicariously through you.
(you are like ma blogville sister)
update okay!

LG said...

e don finish???? :)

chayomao said...

Q n A don finish??
Haaa.... when i was just adjusting my position

Nice

Unknown said...

lol! E don finish. those were all the questions i got.

cici said...

I'm still in the top 10 not bad...
lol @ taking ur brother and a babe for him and djmon for urself...funny gal..
and yay my questions was answered ...sweet
I like ur answer to the ideal marriage and ideal home question..

Myne said...

Thanks for answering, as usual you're a cool girl. Love the ideal replies. Funny one - on an Island and goodluck with your career.

ShonaVixen said...

Ok i need to get my emotions in check...m so getting teary-eyed coz you called me your good friend!! awwww...and boy am i soooo excited coz well m going to be taking that coolest title come next week..all em Veras and Bumights wont be as cool as me! LOL!!
ps: you're my good good friend too!!

Nefertiti said...

Awwww. :) I didn't know u felt that way about me... oh wait, u never mentioned my name... lol.

Somehow I must have missed the fact that u had said we could ask you kewrzions... hmmm. Did you plan it like that so u wouldn't get bombarded?

Good job. I think the bloggers I've met are real cool peeps too. Glad I met them :)

Invisible said...

I want to ask my own question or else I will throw tantrum.
I must to ask my own question. When is the next Q&A session???
I get am for plenty question and I must to ask o.

Afrobabe said...

why on earth would you carry your brother and a cool guy to a deserted island biko..

will you do the deed with Djimon Hounsu behind the coconut tree while he listens???

Biko leave him at home...

I'll take care of him...

TRYBES said...

hmm..very apt answers.Kamasutra book? Tigeress umm..im not sayin nothin oo..LOL

Azazel said...

Lol nice one miss Tigeress.
Nice Nice Nice

histreasure said...

i love ur answer on the man/home thing..good conflict resolution is just what makes it work...

now, how come i missed the whole ask question thing..awwwww..i enjoyed ur answers tho, succint and to the point.

Original Mgbeke said...

Very niiice. I enjoyed reading this...listened to your audio post too. You get britico accent ooo. Hehehehe...

Dante said...

Hey T!! Thanks... if i could blush, I would have blushed...lol
don't worry, we will see soon... then we will yarn :).

Dante said...

meanwhile...you have a british accent...+ your naija accent! No allow make anyone decieve you oo...lol

~Sirius~ said...

*Raising my hand frantically!

Me, me , me, I have a question?

Why did you up and leave all by yourself? and How old were you?

Sassy Trends said...

Me like... me love...
This is an ideal Tigeresss I supose...

Rebirth said...

ehn ehn......... my name didnt even come up.... i disown u as a big sista with immediate effect

bArOquE said...

my late question, "How have you been keeping in my absence?"

ShonaVixen said...

LOL @ Afro saying Djimon and her brother..LOL!! True though your brother can stay @ home with Afro..hmmm actually take him o..LOL!!

Unknown said...

Omotee- sure u can ask ur own question.

Leggy- u must have missed the blog when i mentioned it.

Tisha- eemmmm...u left a message for Leggy on my blog- not sure if she got it.

LG and Chayoma- e don finish o. U guys didnt send in q's.

Cici- still top 10. lol!! It wont be hard to be top 10 here. It's Afrobabe's blog that its a miracle. Ever since i was 1st on her blog- i've been like eff it- been on top of the world. LOL!!

MyneW- thank u very much for the compliment. And thanks for wishing me luck.

Shona- lol@ getting teary eyed. I am so looking forward to my trip o- u wont even understand.

Nef- babes u've been MIA for a minute. Na I announced question time o. check out my anniverary post. i guess folks didnt read the post. lol

See dis yeye man-stealer called Afrobabe. oooohhh u were referring to me leaving my bro right- not Djimon? Nah i need my bro- he'll take care of me- asper i'm his big sis. And YES i'll do the do with him there. After all na island. Plenty space dey.

Trybes- wetin do kamasutra book? talk naow!!! lol

Controversy- muchos gracias.

Histreasure- yeh good conflict resolution is really important. Feel free to send in ur q's.

OriginalM- I do? But i think i really sound Nigerian tho.

Dante- lol!! xxxxx

Sirius- i shall answer ur question soon- so watch out! lol

Funms- my one and only lil sis. U know i've got mad love u.

Baroque- i shall answer that now. I have missed u terribly!!

Shona- i'm taking my bro jare. at least i cant bully him and his babe. hehehe

Afrobabe said...

lol