Friday, May 22, 2009

The other woman and your husband: My take Pt2 (Audio post)

http://thecounselorandherthots.blogspot.com/
Continued from here....



Now let me school you, as a single woman, the older you get the higher the chances that you’ll at one point have an affair with an unavailable man- whether physical, emotional or both, or almost have an affair, have a crush/soft spot for an unavailable man, or be aggressively pursued by one. It comes to a point when all the men around you literally fall under that category. If you’re like me- a man-loving-tall-dark-slim-dimpled woman then trust me even when they get married they still look hawt!!! Vice versa. If one of the reasons your man is with you because of ur slim big booty yellow self- trust me- u’re not the last of her kind on earth. To single ladies who proclaim that they will never hook- up with a married man- my advice to you is don’t even entertain them whatsoever. Once you know they are married cut them off ASAP!!! Don’t ever think you are strong enough to withstand temptation. Cos we are human and women have a fickle heart which can easily be manipulated. And men know this!!! I can say I have never shagged a married man before, but that’s because I took the steps of totally cutting them off out of my life before it got to that stage. There is no need!!!! May their wives not send the Holy Ghost fire to burn the Jezebel spirit that is (not) in my life. Ma ko ba mi!! I have pulled my ears and fled o! Me I no dey do. I am not following anoda woman’s husband o! lol!!

For married women who their husbands are cheating on them with a single lady- my heart goes out to you. It does. But bitterness towards the other woman is what I don’t understand (well except if the other woman is someone known personally). Frown at them all you want. But here’s my take on that. Sit back and think about it. Your man who decided to cheat on you did so despite the risk he faces of losing you or breaking your heart, but that didn’t stop him. It is VERY likely that he was the one who pursued the single lady. And even if for some odd reason you truly believe it is the husband-snatching-winch of a single girl who dug her claws into your man- remember he had the choice of telling her to EFF OFF; but chose not to. Just the same way you do not encourage men who hit on you when u’re in a relationship. And even when this so called home-destroyer of a woman was showing her colour- ur man didn’t tell you. So get off your high horses and stop bitching about the other women and focus that energy on your husband’s infidelity. These single ladies have nothing to lose. HELLO!!! If anything at all- they are trying to get what you already have. It is up to the man to nip that shii in the bud and for you to fight for what is yours and wish to keep. Stop blaming the other woman for your man’s stupidity. Mehhhn if it means going gangsta on his ass like Femi’s wife did in Reloaded- then so be it. And remember this other woman could be a victim too. Your husband may be promising her heaven and earth and feeding her lies (or truth) of leaving you for her- which does happen. Wives do get kicked to the curb. I had a boss whose husband left her for her best friend and they are still together. For these single ladies to stick around- your husband must be satisfying her emotionally, sexually, and materially. She too has feelings for your husband and in fact might also be in love.

And sorry to say this but I was watching a movie Not Easily Broken, and dang some women are so stupid that they literally give their husbands away on a gold platter. My prayer to God is that may He make me a good wife and grant me wisdom so that I do not use my own hands to pull my house down. And men/women who take their wives/husbands for granted, treat them like crap, cheat on them, treat them like your servants, abuse them, disrespect them, not satisfy them emotionally/physically- remember there’s always someone out there that would appreciate them. Still………..no excuses tho!!! Once emotions start rolling in, it’s hard to put a stop to it. The Truth about Cheating by Gary Neuman states that highest reason why men cheat is because of emotional dissatisfaction. Eeemmmmm……..somehow I don’t think that applies to Naija men. Greed? Lack of respect?

To the single ladies cajoled into such relationship- sweety, is this really the best you can get? Play second fiddle for how long? Do you not deserve a home, a family? Why do you feel the need to share when you can have a man all to yourself? And yes some of these relationships might be really love (yeh right!), but you’re still helping a man break up his home. Innocent children are gonna suffer for it. The wife is hurting. Even if she’s the wicked witch of the west (which she most likely isn’t) - she still doesn’t deserve it. And for those vicious single ladies who do target married men without a care in the world…………… I leave you in God’s hands because I do not have words for your wicked ways. (Proverbs 30:20 This is the way of an adulterous woman: She eats and wipes her mouth, And says, “I have done no wickedness.”)

The Peril of Adultery….As for the men, remember that you’re the head of the house. If the head is useless, it affects the body. There are spiritual implications of your actions which does not only affect you. You give room for the devil to rear its ugly head into your home. When we arbor inequity in our heart, God does not hear us. So because of you prayers of your family may not be answered. We women have feelings. We are not super beings. We bleed when you’re unfaithful. No, it is not normal for spouses to cheat. It is not acceptable. And this also goes for wives who cheat (Prov 14:11. The wise woman builds her house, But the foolish pulls it down with her hands.). It causes a lot pain. When you love someone, you shouldn’t want to see them hurt. But ultimately remember who you sin against; the one person who can punish you for your actions. God. If we have the fear of God, then we would go to great lengths to avoid adultery. Only a foolish person will poke their fingers in fire.

Totally random…….Now for women who have been left bitter by a man’s infidelity- remember one thing, you’re not the only one hurting- the children are too. So those women who for their own selfish quest for revenge hinder their children from having a relationship with their father- you will face the consequences of your action one day. Because I don’t believe a bad husband equates to a bad father.
*************************************************************
Psalm 111:10 (King James Version)
10The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.

Proverbs 6
32 Whoever commits adultery with a woman lacks understanding (in some translation it says He has no sense); He who does so destroys his own soul……..
34 For jealousy is a husband’s fury; Therefore he will not spare in the day of vengeance



46 comments:

Tigeress said...

:( Sorry it's loooooooooooong.

anyway, i wonder who's gonna be first. hehehehehe!

Miss Natural said...

lol I am first!

Miss Natural said...

wow you covered all basis, the unfaithful husband, the scorned woman, the affected kids, the 'unwitting temptress' (reflecting the fact that it may not be her fault). It takes two to tango and yeah the blame should be placed equally on the husband and the mistress. Like you said, even if the wife neglects the husband or vice versa that should be no reason for infidelity. One reason why we should all try and make sure our eyes are wide open before we enter marriage cos no one can predict when the 'love' flame will die out or if it ever will. However, being sure before you get marriage is not conclusive for a happy marriage...only God is.

Tigeress said...

Only God is o, my sister. Only God.

Invisible said...

LOL. I claim second.
Hey tigress, long time huh.

Miss Enigma said...

...Preach sista! U rili covered every aspect. And I think it all boils dwn to two things for me:
- Treat ur partner d way u wnt to be treated;wiv love and respect. Appreciate the lil'things, build up his/her spirit n' sense of self, be present in every sense of the word.

- Most importantly, have the fear of God! If u have the fear of God u will keep His commandments n' do d above...and u will have the decency to respect the union/vows that u made b4 Him. And if its gotten out of hand, the decency to sit ur wife or woman down and tell her the truth...so that u can both decide on wat to do. Counselling,seperation or watever.

Sori its long...lol...

Invisible said...

If you do write a book, can I write the forward??
Tell em though. I'm a guy and I feel you on all of it. I have friends who have called me over sabi and holy holy but really, apart from the fear of God, why would I want to hurt someone I love? Why would I want to cause her pain? I don't get it and I don't want to get it.
I love Tyrese's song called One.

chayomao said...

Tigeress this one long oh!
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom!

olusimeon said...

this is hot...
..hitting the nail on every available spot on the head..lol
nice one

ShonaVixen said...

I'm first people!!!yes i don't see any of y'all before me!!!
Girl u said it all!!
The sanctity of marriage needs to be upheld!!

Nice Anon said...

You have said it all. Everything is in the hands of God.

Kookie said...

Yep i think you covered everything with bible passages to assist us too. great post girl! I think its so easy to lay blame everywhere but if you lay blame at your own feet and work your way up/down you will have a better view of what went wrong. rather than those women who simply say their marriage was perfect until so and so wench sashayed across their husband's path.

Tigeress said...

INVISIBLEEEEEEE!!! Waow, i feel honoured. thanks for stopping by. Maybe Enigma will show me some love too.

Trybes said...

wow..nuff said tiger woman..lol..Really i doff my hat..I truly Hope someone is listening,readin and learnin from this.I sure have taken somethin off here and cant thank you enuff for sharin your insights on all angles to this very knotty subject..I look forward to readin and learnin more from the wells of wisdom of fellow blogittes...cheers babe..

Loré said...

well said....its like u read my mind

Rebirth said...

u need to write a book........ gosh i wanted to slap that babe in not easily broken

busybee said...

Extremely deep and truthful
I like the use of the bible passages
Its important to remember when committing adultery that its not only about whether you 'feel bad' or not but God actually commands us not to do it.
There r consequences... Yet, I wouldn't guess that naija men would stop wandering anytime soon

NaijaBabe said...

I see your point sha....and its really bad. My friend has this guy on her case, she met him just before he got married, he's been married for close to 11 months and still on her case...as in I dont get it!!

As for Femi's wife...My Gawd! That babe is gangster!!!!

AliceDCL said...

really interesting an dinsightful post, most of this men cant just help themselves and we all see it as a norm for men to cheat, well its a really sad thing especially in these days of STD and HIV, only God that can help.

LusciousRon said...

Good post. You covered it all. To each his own.

Adaeze said...

Really good one! I agree with everything said. A bad husband does not equate to a bad father I agree but at the same time I feel like a man considerate of his children would never treat the mother of his children that bad and willingly risk breaking up the home..
I wonder what ur opinion is on another issue, but I guess u kinda covered it already. How about women who hit on men openly on the street or wherever, the man turns her down says he has a girl/wife and she still keeps on trying to get him ? Or people who hit on your hubby/wife while the significant other is present! Ohhh, it makes my blood boil!

~Sirius~ said...

I wish I could take this post and the one before it, slice open the brains of men and women and bury it deep inside!

Writefreak said...

Adultery is a sin, simple! And whatever part is involved is to be blamed, whether the married man or the woman who knows the man is married and sometimes the wife has like a million faults too!
You prayed a good prayer, may God give us women the wisdom to buld our homes and not tear them down!

Sassy Trends said...

k...maybe I came last...lolllol.. but it's all good.
This is a masterpiece..lol, rather lengthy sha but I hope we all can see within our heart and do watz right..

Apinke said...

This is loooooooooong, and long for good reasons, enjoyed it.

like u said, its so easy to say "I wont date married men" until that point when u are actually tempted. the best thing is: dont even sniff it if u aint eating it.
i have met a few young, sweet and very married guys who gave all the reasons why they are dateable (adultery wrapped in an attractive package) but for 2 reasons, i refused:
1. it is wrong, it is a sin, simple!!
2. i want to have a happy home, so i wont spoil someone elses, karma does exist!

(add this)
a whole me, second fiddle???!!!??
HELL NO!

Good Naija Girl said...

I echo your prayer that none of us, male or female, will ever destroy our own home or that of another person.

MyOwnThing said...

Wow..what a piece - so inspiration. You covered all areas. Ta much. Keep it up x

Anonymous said...

Na true talk Tigress, but we also need to pray for strength to resist the devil and flee from him too.

Nice work.

Flourishing Florida said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Flourishing Florida said...

WORD!!!!!!!!






ps: Brown Girl is sharing her antenatal experience & more on BAMBINA. Be sure to drop by. Next week, our contributor is Standtall. You don't want to miss her. Plus, new contributors are still being sought, so feel free to add your own story. Visit http://idreamtofu.blogspot.com for details on how.

Penelope...! said...

Wise words tigress...u keep leaving me amazed everytime i come on your blog. I just really hope this post reaches out to alot of them out there, hopefully they read it!! And yes, I totally agree with you...most of these women think its normal for their spouses normal for spouses to cheat and therefore accept it...i even know of one that has learned to live with it self. People really need to get their heads un-screwed up.
I can only pray for a better future for me...and as for being attracted to married men, i hope God helps me to abstain cus sometimes, you really never can tell. its only by the grace of God.

Ekene said...

Well spoken...

I think as far as the other woman is concerned, the issue is not whether or not he chased you,or if his wife is a whatever...etc. This issue is simply this, When you sow the seeds of adultery...the tree that grows later in life is near impossible to cut down. I once heard a girl flirting with a married man, and when I asked her why, she said what is the big deal. I asked her how would she feel is she were his wife...to which she responded, that she would not be so insecure to be bothered by a woman flirting with her man. Bold talk abi...The bible says the god of this age has blinded men from the truth...never more so in this case. I know cheating men lie...its not today they started, but women don't have to lie down with them and for what really...yes there are cases where true infatuation is involved and he treats the mistress like a princess but more than once I have seen women who feel like the relationship makes their life worse afterwards...like dieters remorse...

I speak to women, because at the end of the day I am one. We have to stop treating ourselves so poorly. Stop competing and fighting. If a man is married, do like tigeress, give him a wide berth, because yes, their lies can be tres seductive. And I promise you, every tear his wife sheds because of your relationship with her husband...you will shed it times a hundred when your time comes. It is simply not worth it. For so many reasons.
Tigeress, has said it all, those that have ears, let them hear.

www.lifelovefaith.com

Tigeress said...

Ekene, thank u for those word. It really got me thinking. I never thot flirting was a big deal as long as one wasn't talking dirty or as long both parties weren't serious.

And this whole Karma- does it really work? Cos there are people who have never ever messed with married men/women and yet when they go on to marry- their partner cheats on them. God has a mysterious way of working. If one shld marry a God fearing person then one might not experience such. But you reap what you've sown in a different way. Or maybe ones linage will suffer. I dont know........ God help us sha.

Flourishing Florida said...

ok, confession time. The first time ever i cheated on a bf, it was with a married man!!!! So, i was committing two sins at once (well, three wen u add fornication 2 it). It lasted 4 abt a month. Until d day i called him & his wife picked up d phone. I wan die, i swear. sometimes, wen a man downplays d existence of his wife so much, u almost psyche urself into believing she doesn't exist. which was wot happened to me. but, hearing her on d phone was a total wake-up call 4 me. i decided dat i couldn't continue wot i was doing & i ended up. It would stroke my ego if i could say dat d dude begged me not to, but dat will be a big fat lie. He was like 'ok. If u feel daz wot u must do. Fine. I wish u luck in ur boyfriend'. yes, he knew i was seeing someone at d time sha. So, it was never a love thing btw us. So, daz been it with me & cheating, as well as me & married men.


Am i worried abt karma? I can't say i am. My husband knows abt dis incident, & he did say he'd do everything within his means never to cheat on me nonetheless. sometimes, d past really is the past.


ps: u won't believe this, but i posted this comment on another blog thinking i was posting it here!!!!!!!!!

aloted said...

sista i agree with u! meanwhile the video isnt working?

Tigeress said...

FFF, waow. thank u so much for being honest. I appreciate. Yeh it's easy to find yourself in that kinda situation- and easier when single. And i totally agree with u- sometimes the past IS the past as long as we genuinly repent to God.

Aloted- its working. Its just audio tho- no pictures.

Ekene said...

Tigeress...my dear the principle of reaping what you sow is everywhere in life,its just that we don't always recognize the fruit when it ripens. A man who plants an orange tree should not expect yam abi, and as such a woman who sows seeds of pain should not expect joy. It may not be a direct payment, or like you say it may get interest and then be paid back by your children, chai! The thought of that alone is enough to scare me now that my eyes are open.

I don't know for sure...I know that many women are deceived, but I have seen just as many willful women calling out to married men. It doesn't make sense. The energy you invest in enticing him etc, although many don't need to be enticed we know...but the energy you are using to build a relationship that has no foundation, and yes even if he leaves his wife, it has no foundation...it is like a house built on sand, easily washed away. I have heard tell of a woman, who decided to get so "xtra" help, some potion or something and succeeded in causing the man to drive away the wife and she moved in for 15 years. One day the man woke up and didn't recognize her, kept calling for the first wife and drove her and her children out into the street. This na real life story!

Bottom line is this, Sisters we are too precious and wonderful to settle for second best, to be used by the devil to destroy homes and futures, to be nothing more to a man that his anytime he wants you delight, to settle for companionship without commitment. If you know that your father has created a place for you to eat with kings, why would you settle for dining on the scraps from the table...

Be well jare.

Ekene said...

Tigeress...my dear the principle of reaping what you sow is everywhere in life,its just that we don't always recognize the fruit when it ripens. A man who plants an orange tree should not expect yam abi, and as such a woman who sows seeds of pain should not expect joy. It may not be a direct payment, or like you say it may get interest and then be paid back by your children, chai! The thought of that alone is enough to scare me now that my eyes are open.

I don't know for sure...I know that many women are deceived, but I have seen just as many willful women calling out to married men. It doesn't make sense. The energy you invest in enticing him etc, although many don't need to be enticed we know...but the energy you are using to build a relationship that has no foundation, and yes even if he leaves his wife, it has no foundation...it is like a house built on sand, easily washed away. I have heard tell of a woman, who decided to get so "xtra" help, some potion or something and succeeded in causing the man to drive away the wife and she moved in for 15 years. One day the man woke up and didn't recognize her, kept calling for the first wife and drove her and her children out into the street. This na real life story!

Bottom line is this, Sisters we are too precious and wonderful to settle for second best, to be used by the devil to destroy homes and futures, to be nothing more to a man that his anytime he wants you delight, to settle for companionship without commitment. If you know that your father has created a place for you to eat with kings, why would you settle for dining on the scraps from the table...

Be well jare.

Jay said...

sweetheart you've said it all

women stay away from someone else's husband, you are breaking a home!

fella's please respect your wives and remember your vows

like they say marriage no be small thing..

Lady X said...

Amen to all that you've said!!Amen!
It always gets me how the women who have husbands that cheat on them immediately blame the other woman(not that it is right that another woman is with a married man), like you said, attack the man!!!
I'm really feeling this post!!

Danny BaGucci said...

Sometimes, people have their heads in the clouds and believe they won't get caught......

Tairebabs said...

I loved this post gosh. The audio made it even better. I actually think you hit the nail on the head on everything. The only part I would have liked for you to include is that some men also chase married women. I never would have believed it in the past but it is true. Lovely, lovely, lovely post. I haven't seen reloaded but I will watch it asap.

Anonymous said...

well, truth is some people marry for all the wrong reasons - meaning that the marriage was not based on a solid platform. Now should either of the couple fall in love with someone else for real nko? i don't think everything is black and white. trust me as sad as it sounds infidelity/divrce might just be the best thing will happen to some marriages.
Infidelity is forgivable were love reigns.

Tigeress said...

Hey Anonymous, thanks for stopping by. You've given us good points. But my thing is if u marry for the wrong reasons then u live with the consequences of your choice? If you feel u do not love your spouse, then maybe its best to get a divorce first- especially if the spouse loves you. Now if the feelings are mutual......then i guess both parties can do whatever they want?

TDVA said...

long as hell post but i stopped everything else to read. you really thought this one out didnt u?

insightful.

Nefertiti said...

Girl, I've been sleeping on your blog o! Where was I when you did this?

This is good Tigeress! You pretty much covered most of it. AMEN to your prayer o! May God grant us all that kind of wisdom. Cause God knows if left to our human ways, we'd be walking around in the dark.

Good job!