I moved to another continent with the hope of finally starting a relationship with my child hood love but boooooooooooy was i mistaken and mislead. Read on.......
Me Love
True love comes to those who wait……..
But doesn’t come from where you expect
I had spent most of my life
Thinking I knew where my love was,
Who I was meant to be with
Who my soul mate was
Thinking it was circumstances and obstacles
That hindered our love from blossoming
I spent all those years avoiding love
Subconsciously choosing relationships that lead no where
Never letting myself go………….
Thinking……’me Love’ awaits me.
I overcame the obstacles
That hindered me from being with ‘me true Love’
I could let go now, not holding back
I searched for ‘me Love’
My heart ached for him
My body longed for him
My soul called out to him
My spirit went out to him
But ‘Me Love’ was no where to be found
Love had abandoned me, and existed no more
My body had no reason to live………….
My spirit had no reason to breath
My soul had no reason to thirst
My heart had no reason to ache
Oh, what anguish I felt!
The pain, the hurt
And most especially, the loneness I felt
Love had betrayed me, deserted me
And forgotten about me.
I had looked for love in the wrong place
Love wasn’t where I thought it was
I’ve been told……………
“Love is going to be in the least place you expect”
“Wait patiently for it”
“True ‘Love’ comes to those who wait!”
written 2004
19 comments:
We're travelin on the same ship here lookin for love on the wrong sea..i kinda feel you..till we let all things down..we gonna keep goin in circles...
Isnt that funny! we go thru so much just to find something that just might be under our noses.
I feel u jo! Ur love is just a couple of posts away..i can feel it...lol!
I have to believe that True Love comes to those who wait otherwise I have been waiting and holding out for nothing...lol In waiting we become weary...right?
Guess the love comes to those who wait is one of the things we can still hold on to with a tenuous grip... Maybe some intentionality is also required? Like fishing in the right ponds? I dunno...
I think most times our perception of "our true love" clouds our visuals.
So, sometimes it comes to those who wait, and for others, it's right under their nose.
Nice poem..
I guess 'True love' is as intangible an emotion as 'faith'.
That being the case.. "you'll have to believe in what is not as though it is.."
And have faith that true love comes to those who wait..
Damn.. now I'm confusing myself..lol..
I am personally tired of waiting oh...
Meanwhile how do you divorce all those spiritual husbands?
First and foremost...how come m not FIRST???????
Gosh, it feels great to feel alive once more, back to the land of the living comes I...ok m not fully recovered BUT i feel so much better!!
Hmmmm, good things come to those who wait...check my next post..lol..M also waiting for my true love and I so heart the sincerity in the poem!Sooo tell me more about this guy who made u move continents?
Hey Shona, i'm sorry sweets. Glad u're feeling better. Miss chatting to u too. Things have been crazy for me too.
Trybes- this was like 5yrs ago- that i wrote this. Aint looking for love no more. Love will grow jare!
Toluwa- u sound like those folk in Church who feel the need to say something positive about one getting married cos they feel that ought to be my main issue. lol@ love is just a couple of posts away. My dear right now i'm like whatever mehn!
Kookie, i'm already weary mehn. What i really need is for me to talk to a genuinely happy couple to tell me why i should get married and it'll last and i'll be happy.
Danny B- yeh i need to fish in the right pond but i dont even know what right ponds are out there or where they are. ANy suggestions.
Sirius- totally true. Now that i'm older i have a better perception of what love is- i think. when i wrote this, i was 25.
RocNaija- thanks for stopping by. :)
Afrobabe- i don pass tire. lol!! As for divorcing spiritual husbands- i'm still contemplating on doing deliverance. But while i was doing the 1month fasting in Feb. i prayed to God about it.
If we dont wait, what can we do? Main thing to realise is that- in getting tired of waiting, we musnt be tempted to settle...Cos there aint anything as bad as settling for less than you truly deserve.
Whats up with you and Afrobabe's spiritual husband? How do u even go about getting one of those? lol
London gal- i take beg you o- i no get spirit husband in d name of Jesus!!! AMEN!!! lol!
Read this blog: http://thecounselorandherthots.blogspot.com/
hmmmm..the waiting game, it requires all the will power to stay still amidst all the temptations...i am so sick and tired of waiting. But its almost like a right of passage..we must wait for the right one for us.
God, i wish life was as simple as 1. 2,3
Maybe my wife should have done this before we married to finally put to bed their puppy love.
Hopefully he would not turn up when you do finally settle down with 'THE ONE'
This inspired my blog post thanks
Eyah, pele. He might not be d one for u afterall. Just give dem other dudes a chance.
aaaahhhhh Fineboy Agbero stopped by my post?!!! waow! Are u trying to get me to vote for u?
Nice piece!
Yes true love comes to those who wait!
Eeya, sorry. Love will come.
btw, this is a lovely poem.
Aww..
Love sure doesn't show up from where u expect it to..i definitely wasnt expecting to find love with chari..
I really do hope u and love find each other..
Post a Comment