Monday, March 2, 2009

I'm back: Bigger & Better and randoms

http://thecounselorandherthots.blogspot.com/
I’M BACK……..I think?

So I’ve been MIA big time for the month of Feb. When Dec.31st 2008 came and every one was happy or excited I just stood there cos I just cld not pretend that I knew I was gonna have a good start of the year. Anyway dat one na story story. As Danny B’s blog Just Thinking...........Rediscovering DB... kinda said- no matter what we’re going thru, there is someone out there dying to be in our shoes. So I’ll just shut the hell up and thank God.

So as some of you might know RCCG fasted for the whole of February which I took part in. It wasn’t easy, but my dear bloggers it is possible! If I can do it, yawl can do it. I kinda knew why we need to fast as Christians but I just needed to believe in it.
So what is Christian fasting? Biblically, fasting is abstaining from food, drink, sleep or sex to focus on a period of spiritual growth. Specifically, we humbly deny something of the flesh to glorify God, enhance our spirit, and go deeper in our prayer life.
So why do we have to fast? To demonstrate that we are seeking God "with all our heart." Fasting puts things in proper focus. It is a physical way of saying, "Food and the things of this life are not as important to me now as (fill in the blank)." "When you seek me with all your heart, I will be found by you" (Jeremiah 29:13,14).
Apparently one of the benefits of fasting is that it helps us find God's will. If we expect God to reveal his direction for our lives, we must put Him first. [Parakeet, does that help?] Right now I feel lost, I do not know what direction to go so even tho I have the faith that fasting is beneficial, I need God to show me the benefit of fasting and prove to me that my fasting shall not be in vein.

Ok……..so I have this demonic tenant called Benitta Phillips who I’m so sure is the devils bride. ARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!! Omd, she is so evil that…….. but I have to thank God cos the witch of a girl is moving out ending of this month. There’s no point me going into how she’s making my life miserable cos I’ll probably end up writing a book. What she needs to do is to get her ass out of my condo. Now as for her flatmate (my other tenant)- Mona Lisa Brown- babe owes me months of rent and her lease expired November 08 and refused to move out and it really sucks that the tenant-landlord ordinance favours tenants 99.9% which is just not fair. Even if they trash your place or not pay rent- the only way you can get them out is go to court. Going to court means paying a lawyer like $200 - $300 per hour and paying court and sheriff (bailiff) charges. And girl had the nerve to tell me she’s not moving till April!!!!!

So I emailed my latest blog (Fighting Temptations: No More Sheets) to my aunt so she can post in their Church publications. Only for her to send me a long ass email stating.......”you have to be nice to people coming to your life, especially single male, offer them options of food without compromising your stand.” E gba mi eyin bloggers! Offer dem options of food dat what can fa? Cos I wan marry? My house look like booker- make I go dey feed every Tom, Dick, Bayo and Segun in order for dem to decide if they want to marry me or not? Aaaaaahhhhhhh mo gbe!!! Feed dat wetin? When u’re not my husband. Nigger PULEASE!!!! If as a dude you feel the need to see whether or not to date me- what u need to do is take me out or/and get to know me better and not invite yourself to my house by asking me “When are you gonna cook some egusi for me”? Any guy who determines who he’s gonna get married to based on her cooking for him need not bother with me. Cos as long as I’m not asking you to pay my rent in order for me to decide if I wan marry you, then dude I aint cooking for u to decide if u wan marry me or not. Hissssssss!! Like u’re doing me favour. Please I need you guys to comment on this cos I need to know if I’m the one that has issues or its just my aunt being desperate for me to marry with her old school theory.

Next topic. I’m still single o. lol!!! Maybe I should be nicer as my aunt suggested and I’ll find man. LOL!! The only man I have in my life now is Youngins. Actually I’m not even sure about that as at Saturday morning. I think Dude has fashied my side. I know I keep saying I’ll gist you guys about him but there is no juicy gossip there. He claims he likes me, but I’m not exactly feeling him. Plus me I want to marry and dude aint thinking along that line.

33 comments:

ShonaVixen said...

first!!!!lemme shout out FIRST!!I've lost my voice to laryngitis..not even amusing!!!

Nefertiti said...

LMAO. Glad u're back. I was about to dedicate a whole post to you like I did Temite.

I think it's a little of both, tho I don't think cooking for a man should be the deciding factor in whether or not a man might marry you. I think your aunt is a lil desperate to get married, and you're stuck in the "Can't give a shit, but would like to get married mindset' So my question is what's it gonna be?

**OK I'm distracted by work but I gotta take my place. I will be back.

Padosh said...

3rd??? hahaha!!! doing my victory dance

Chookz said...

Like your take on fasting...I partly did the RCCG fast until I fell ill.

Rebirth said...

sorry about ur "benita phillips".... so wait o, this othet effer tenant of urs, whats her excuse for not paying? i hope ur not being all nice and silent to her.....i can come and fight for u o....

as per ur aunty, erm, i dont agree with her.... if we r in a proper relationship, i can invite his ass to come and eat but no man should base his decision to date me on my cooking skills... all these FFO men (for food only)...mschewwwwww
i think u should tell ur aunty to further explain. cuz hmmm thats kinda extreme.....
so besides cooking, what other ways did she suggest that u should be nice to them?

Rebirth said...

i wish i did the rccg fasting, i felt bad in church when the pastor was asking if we did it......next yr on when i get the urge in my spirit...

Padosh said...

hahaha!!!!! ur Aunt is very funny....P.S are you sure the "Food" she implied is the one ur thinking??? hehehe naughty me.

Kookie said...

Firstly your aunt needs to get a new view point not every man is trying to date you based on how well and if you cook...if that's the case a lot of these women already married who are bad cooks or who refuse to cook had some other skills that enticed these men to the altar.

Glad you are back babe!

Buttercup said...

i also thought along the same lines as padosh o..it doesnt seem like it was real food she was talking bout..i stand very much corrected sha!

i remember when i was in an RCCG church n we did that fast..gosh..it wasnt easy mayn..

hmm youngins shud behave himself before he gets a beat down o! lol..

Scarlet said...

u know was thinking the same as K and Buttercup. anyway sha weda she was refering to food as in literally or in anoda sense *winks* i still think dats not da way to forward.as far as i'm concerned that ideology was okay back in the day but in the year 2009 A.D......naaah
if the guy needs food then he better know where else to find it and if i need to cook for him to consider moi.. i say good riddance to bad rubbish

glad u were able to fast. Don't worry God will find you cuz he know where u're at.....have a look at the post on my page....i hope u are blessed.

Tigeress said...

Shona- still waiting for ur comment. :) Hope u feel better soon.

Nef, whats poppin? Cooking for a guy i'm not dating in the hope that he wld date me? i see no reason for that- there is no need. Bible clearly says he that findeth a wife.....So dude needs to convince to date him.

Dabizniz- u feeling better? what was wrong?

Funms- nice ke? mo ti gba fun Olorun- will be taking her ass to court. Next year is there- and the rest of the day.

Padosh, get ur mind out of the gutter. lol!! My Aunt is a pastor- she just has a different perspective of dating/marriage.

Kookie, i think my aunt's definition of hospitability is me feeding these guys. Do hospitability is a quality a woman needs in order for a guy to like her?

Buttercup- don't mind Youngins. On top all his shakara over the weekend- i heard from him today.

Scarlet, thanks for stopping by. I'll check out your blog.

Anonymous said...

LOL @ "my house look like buka?"

Guess I've been hanging around too many old people recently, but i've begun to see that they actually have our best interests at heart - albeit the solutions they come up with may not neccesarily jive with the way we think we we should go about resolving the issues.... Maybe the principle works, like being nice to a dude should not make him scamper away.. but some dudes are obviously in on the sly, looking for awoof....I'd agree with you that a dude who's interested should make the effort to get to know u, not jump in cos there's some piping hot amala and ewedu to be had. I'd aver, that such a start would be very shaky at best....

Those tenants -- That na why naija be am now.. When MOPOL come sweep the things comot one day, dem go know how far sharpish..

Youngins gats behave o.. Bumight dey find who she go do bridesmaid for o.. so make the dude arrange himself sharp sharp...

The fasting thing... Maybe that is what i need meself at the mo....

ShonaVixen said...

Ok!Shona's back to comment hon!
Well done for fasting..reminds me of a Naija movie I once watched where the guy was told by his pastor he had to fast for 21 days and his response '21 days!21 days!What if after those 21 days I'm still a poor man?Then not only have i lost weight, I'm hungry and poor too!!'...lol..don't get me wrong I do fast too but that part of the movie cracked me up..
Hmm your tenants are really lucky..gosh...she can stay for free and nothing happens?Girl, go ghetto on her please..lol!!
Hmm somehowe like Padosh I thought when auntie mentioned 'food' she meant something else..damn..my mind needs sanitation then!!
I will not have some-one determine my worth by my culinary skills..brotha man better know the restaurant fast fast!!Mcccheeeww cook for who?and why?so that he can say that's wifey right there?Abeg...LOL!!

Anonymous said...

I feel you on the cooking thing. I've had real issues with that.Guys asking when am gonna come over and cook. AS WHAT?!!
But like my mother always tells me, dont do wifey things if you are not his wife. So I am totally opposed to cooking for some guy just to keep him interested.Unless of course you just like to cook.

As for Youngins, if you ready to settle down and he's not, keep on stepping; especially since you aren't so crazy about him.

doll (retired blogger) said...

Forcefully evict her now. Is the law against that? Nothing is wrong with you …cooking is not a criteria that a girl would make a good wife. You say you want to marry…why are u in a hurry? You once said you were not Nigerian where are you from?

Afrobabe said...

lol......cooking for a man who hasn't proffesed undying love is a no no sis...a definite nono...

~Sirius~ said...

I hope you are back for good!
Thank God the bride of Chuki is moving out- your sanity needs to be regained.

And Msssssssssssschew! on this man issues, they just suck. he he he

will be back hon...

Dante said...

I am glad that you are back. I am on a hiatus too. So I can relate to the break you took.

I don't understand the fact that some guys want to sample before they marry. I can cook extremely well...in all humility; Mama made sure of that. After 5 hot smacks on my back, I was ready to do any bidding of hers, so why would I want to know if she can cook before I date her? That is not an issue. I can get a chef/cook if I can afford. Not being able to cook, does not make her unsuitable. If she can't cook, then I can teach her; isn't that why I claim I love her? haba!

Ahhhh...fasting. That one is hard oo. But I am getting there.

Once again, welcome back!

Jay said...

Jeez..those tenants are taking the piss, make their lives miserable in exchange for free rent.

Lol@your aunt...so are you practicing your cooking skills?
I don't like dudes telling me "so when are you cooking for me"? Am always thinking...stingy man, can't even take me out!

Tigeress said...

Dante if you're btw 29 and 36 i'll marry you. :) But the only things i know how to cook very well (if u're Nigerian i.e.) are egusi, efo and stew. lol!! As for the fasting it aint easy but step by step and determination is the key. one day- fast till 12, then go further the next day etc.

Sirius, thanks hon. I'm hoping i'm back for good. I just got a call from someone that i sure will be blogging about. I'm still in shock! Hopefully it's not someone pretending to be him.


Danny (DB- lol!)- i need to change booker to buka. u good tho?

Shona- thats funny. But i dont want to believe if you sincerely fast that it would be in vein. It might not manifest immediately but i believe u also fast for the future.

Nyja Beauty- totally agree with u. I think thats a mistake a lot of women make. Treat bf's as if they are husbands or do things for them as if they are married already. We all need to know where to draw the line.

Doll if i forcibily evict her- i'll be the one who would get arrested. the only way i can evict her is going thru court. :(

Afrobabe- it's a no no! btw i replied ur email- get it?

Wordmerchant- taking the piss is an understatement!

Jaguda said...

sorry bout the nasty tenant. u will be ok. remember ur aunt comes from a different generation and no matter how hip u think u are now....when u have a daughter who's about to wed, she'll think the same of u.

QMoney said...

Shuo,wont u look desperate if a guy is asking u out and u are offering to cook do food or am i mixing up d gist?
i also believe in fasting thought i dont really have d stamina for it,i usually look too sick,everyone knows and stuff so i have decided to fast all thru the year not necessarily with everyone so am easy on me...

Dante said...

Hey T, I am 28. Will that suffice?
lol

Dante said...

......and I am a pure thoroughbred Naija man....Las gidi for ever!!!

Toluwa said...

first of all, i tried fasting...bt mehn, ulcer is a binsh. i cld only carry on till abt 12 or 1pm and i wake up at 11, so does that count? lol!

ur aunty is hilarious!

@Padosh, haba! i dnt think her Xtain aunt wld imply that o! lol!

Confessions of a London gal said...

Ahn ahn! Which kain ala ko ba tenant is that one?! Not moving out till April?! and she is not paying rent- u dint ask her if it was her father that gave u down payment for the house?!
I just noticed Padosh too asked u the same question- maybe ur aunty is not only talking about normal food you put in your mouth- ok these days ALL food goes into the mouth- but u know what i mean! lol
I dont know wat it is with guys that want to know if a girl can cook. In fact any guy that asks me now if i can cook- me too i'll ask them what is the balance in their bank account! Fair question, no?! lol

Femi B said...

first of all take them to judge judy

aunty needs to soji to the new millennium... besides food is not only the way to a mans heart..can i hear an amen?

The Activist said...

Hmmm, your aunt view point is quite funny. So you too want to be nice to attract a guy. Girl always be yourself. A guy that deserves a gem like you will come along fault and all

Writefreak said...

My dear, cooking for a man is not a criteria for a guy to choose you but somehow i think it can also show that you're a wife material. Don't cook too much sa o, the guy ain't married you.

Don't act like you don't care but at the same time don't act too desperate...may God give us wisdom!

Tigeress said...

Dante 28 going on 29 will so suffice! lol!

Hey Femi.B its been a minute- hope u're good. How are your sisters?

Jaguda- I pray God will deliver me very soon! thanks sha.

Toluwa, ulcer- eeemmm..........Pray the ulcer out? lol!! According to my pastor he too couldnt fast becos of his ulcer- but says he no longer has problems with it anymore.

Qmoney- i'm not even that nice. offer to cook food dat wetin. Me i'm looking for someone to feed me food. lol. 30 doesnt mean desperate. Not especially with all these miserable married folks around me.

London gal- no o my aunt wasnt refering to Nukie. She's pastor. I think she feels i should be more hospitable (is that a word?)

Standtall- trust me i aint offering any potential suitor food so he can decide to marry me or not. Dude will be ok.

Writefreak- since cooking is showing him i'm fit to be a wife- then i reckon him paying my bills and rent will show his fit to be a husband. Abi?

The Activist said...

I trust you... I am even talking beyond food.

Parakeet said...

Hmm...Tigress thanks but really I cant fast to save my life. As a youngster I was a practising catholic and cos I suffered from ulcer I was exempted from the usual fasting and since then I've just not been able to. Unless of cos I break at 12 or just fast until 3 with just fruits. God help me sha.

As for your Aunt, now that's hilarious. So old school.

Buttercup said...

just saying hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!