Monday, October 5, 2009

I'm Engaged?

When I decided to come to London- my intensions was to have fun fun fun and rest rest rest. So far my trip has been stressful. Stress from my family. Asper, dey don see me finish. Se u know at age 30 I don’t have the sense to know what is good for me (husband wise). Not only that- at this age I should know better than to have friends. By now I should not have any friends- after all my friends will let me down and will not be there for me. Se u know at this stage in my life I don’t have sense to know who my real friends are. If I was in my husband’s house- will me aunt have the audacity to order me to cancel my lunch plans with Shona and come to her house immediately for her to lecture me about not having friends. I’m not gonna argue that I’m a good respectful Yoruba woman- cos I’ve never for once believed that BS that if someone older (note I did not say adult, as me sef I be adult- nah?) is talking, u shld shut up and obey their commands. Dat sey wetin? Me sef I be adult naow. I know right from wrong. I know what is good for me. And I have my own mind. Older folks can only advice me- but I do not have to comply.

This marriage wahala na real wa!!! At this stage I apparently have no excuse/reason not to be interested in a guy- especially if he likes me and can take care of me. In fact I do not need to like him- the likeness will grow abi? The constant accusation of being choosey has pushed me to the edge. Se u know- I’m my own enemy- I’m too picky-nah? What is wrong if he has H-factor? What do I mean I don’t enjoy talking to him? What is wrong with him working in the post office? (Shona don’t laugh!! Lol!!). As my grandmother sees it- I don dey fade. Tigeress don sha!

And please if you were not single at 28+, please don’t leave any comments!!! Yes I said it!!! Cos really and truly- except u’ve been thru the bullshit I’m going thru- I’m sorry all u’ll probably say is ayaaaaa, take is easy, or God will surprise u, God will do it, or some messed up shit like even tho I’m 23 blah blah blah, or u’re settling- don’t settle. I dont want to hear any Jesus/God comments cos this rant has nothing to do with Him. So yes again I repeat myself- if u’ve not personally experienced the FUCKED up pressure of being single at 28 and over- please do not leave some silly ass sympathetic comments. I will delete it in a heart beat!!! You have been warned!!! So yeh to shut them up and for them to leave me alone- I have agreed to date the guy my aunt introduced me to. Thank God relationships fail. At least when I go back to NJ will they be able to see me and saying all of this?
********************************************

So apparently I come across as a woman bitter towards men?!! LOL!! That’s an effing joke right? I mean seriously have u read my blog? Na so so man I dey yarn about. This is how my brother feels about me. And Dante reckons he can see where my brother is coming from. I don’t see it. But I’ve been advised to lower my expectations to level 2.
********************************************

Anyway, despite all this crap I’m having to deal with- with my family- you guys can trust I have still made room for man. Ok not exactly room but I’m in like with a married man. I’m having an affair with a married man. Hehehehehe. DrummerBoy wahala o! Will gist u guys in my next post.
********************************************

So I’m declaring my beef for Afrobabe on Blogsville. This woman has posted me 2 TIMES!!! 2ce we were meant to meet up and she made a no show. No calls, no texts, no apologies. So Afrobabe, I’m ending our friendship even before it starts and I’m sorry but no make-up lunch will rectify this beef- even if you dash me that delicious looking guy- our friendship is still over. :):) But to Shona- muchos gracias for a lovely lunch on Saturday- u r such a sweet heart. Parakeet- thanks for hanging out with me 2 weekends in a row. I also met Jayla and MissLove- nice meeting you guys. The last but not the least was Phoenix aka Padosh, and P1 and P2. U guys need to meet P1 and P2- that is all I have to say. OMD!!!!! I took pictures of them so watch out! Lwkmd!! O yeah I met Scribbles during the week. Sweet guy.

30 comments:

ShonaVixen said...

First!!!!

ShonaVixen said...

H-factor = 'Heggs for breakfast!'..LOL!! Ay I didnt even laugh about his RoyalMail job, he's got ambition baby just look in his eyes (thats what Kanye said)

Girl!! Thanks for the disclaimer of deleting silly a** comments from folks who havent been through that stick!! Yes I'm virtually hi-5ing you on that one!!

Awww you're welcome hon! I told ya m having a blast having you around..and you should've seen me strutting my stuff in them gorgeous orgasmic shoes you gave me!!Ohh lala!!

LOL@P1&P2...FIERCE!!

to Afrobabe - even m beefing you! Hope WordMerchant gave you word that m beefing you!!If not girl its ON!!!

TayneMent said...

Ok I'll wait one more year and come back and post :(

Anonymous said...

apparently its the 'curse' of being 30+.....

Anonymous said...

ill wait 12 years then come back to this post.

Tigeress said...

TayneMent and Leggy- i dont know u both- but hopefully you wont have to come back here cos u wont experience it. :):)

Danny B- liking the profile pic. Is that u?

Myne said...

Babe, why you dey vex now? LWKMD @ RoyalMail job, it shows one thing sha, the guy is a HARD worker. So you're dating him? Hehhehe and a married man too? You still too much for one man, abi na the swagga? LOL. Keep enjoying your life, I know I did. BUT, keep your eyes peeled, I see someone coming soon. Am I psychic you ask. What do you think? Hehhehehe...

BTW, saw your calling card somewhere else. Thanks girl.

Tigeress said...

MyneW- Hey girl- u good? calling card- wetin be dat? I'm glad u found the post funny. :):)

Azazel said...

Lol @ Shona's HEgs for breakfast..
Haha but hmm Tigeress there is nothing wrong with being a spinster for life..
Man wahala dey tomuch this days anyway..

Nice Anon said...

Awww you got to meet these bloggers? That's pretty cool

NaijaBloke said...

Gengen!!!

chayomao said...

errr....
i think i still have a couple more years in my bag.

Scarlet said...

NO comment on the first bit as i don't qualify :-)
must have been nice to meet so many fellow bloggers

Dante said...

lol...This marriage issue na wah!
i am male 29 and successful..I am yet to meet the woman i will spend the rest of my life with....until i do so..nobody is going to force me to do shit! Tigeress, you can do it your way or you can roll over ..either way it is ur choice...i dey here sha.

Kookie said...

Ehe when are you coming to Australia? Must I travel the 24+ hrs to see you *hmmmmphhhh*

Na wa for your 28+ drama people have nothing better to do as if it is a death sentence...

You know when we were young we were told when you are old enough, paying your your own bills, living under your own roof etc etc you will have a say about your life because you are an adult. HOWEVER once you become this adult african society tells you NO there is a hierarchy and no matter how old you get there is always someone older who thinks they have some misguided predestined right to tell you how to live YOUR life...msschhheeewwwwwww

TRYBES said...

Society and too many expectations.,..too many dictates..aaargh!

Do you gurl!..All i would advise is that you be true to yourself and face some realistic facts..think everythin should fall in place after that self appraisal..but never settle for less no matter what!

NoLimit said...

Tew funny!!!
My sis suddenly concludes I must have offended someone or someone(evil) is on my case :-)...her advice? Fast and pray,ask for forgiveness bla bla bla!!!
I laughed at her and told her not to get it twisted o, this is not a disease, this is moi living!!!
Biko when it happens, it happens until then...please allow NoLimit to live and enjoy life in peace!!!

I totally feel you on that...if they harass you, harass them right back!!!

Lady X said...

I'm scared to comment o.

Rita said...

Gosh...do I qualify to comment? Was single at 28...

The Girl with the Red Hair said...

No comment on the first bit as i have four more years to that.

But at my age, I am having such pressure because, i have cousins who having been married at the age of 22, so they don't understand why at my age i do not have a bf not to talk of getting married, anytime soon.

Found the post cool and funny

Fragilelooks said...

lol @ this post. this happens to every lady. pressure from parents and grandparents alike. i recall my great grand mum saying she wants her great great grand child.

Anonymous said...

Well tigeress, just listen to the advice but still you dont have to jump to their tune nor base your decisions on their opinions. Afterall your aunt aint gonna be the one living with this man. Just gotta do you and see what tommorrows mystery has in store.

~Sirius~ said...

hey, I'm 27+!!!!!

Not fair!

CaramelD said...

"And please if you were not single at 28+, please don’t leave any comments!!! Yes I said it!!"

That was laugh out loud funny! Talk about an honest rant induced sentence. Please I have beef with your Aunt for spoiling your London visit, please forgive my city, thank God Shona et al were around to also give you good memories.

Try not to have a high BP, whatever you do they would have found a reason why it's YOUR fault like you have studied for your exams and failed. I was an only child till my baby brother was adopted five yrs ago so I know about the pressure. My Mum and Dad drop sarcastic/guilt inducing, you are my only daughter, I need grandchildren while I can still be able to look after them comments every two days and I have learnt to just grow deaf. It's quite liberating.

Not quite sure why your Aunt wants you to be friendless.....How does that correlate to being single?

PS Just turned 28 ;) LMAO!!!!

Afrobabe said...

Haba me love...was planning to take you for a 3 couse dinner for just the two of us and the extra cute guy that I am willing to lend you..

Sure you wont just forgive me??? That way everyone is happy...

Yes, babes, you need to lower your expectations...

Parakeet said...

Sometimes when they say lower your expectation, how much more do they want you to go? From a tall list one has cut and cut and cut and yet they say cut more, what more will be left. You may as well have no expectations at all then. Abeg the thing tire me.

Glad you dating someone at least though. Am sure even though u see it as giving in to pressure I bet you wont still give in if you didnt feel he ticked a few boxes so I'd say continue to approach it with an open mind.

BSNC said...

wow you meet all those bloggers. thats soo cool. How about me now

Jayla. said...

Twas nice meeting u even tho we didnt hang out for much.......... LOL @ P1 & P2.

If i got a dollar for everytime someone says i'm bitter towards men, i'll be pushing a 2009 Buggati.

Anonymous said...

First off - you can only be yourself. If someone does not like it, tell em to stick their heads in a latrine. Shiiyiiit.

HeelsandBallsInternational said...

I'm blogging today cos i'm so down, tired and lonely....all for the same reason as u. I'm however going on 27 but trust me, its just as bad if not worse. At the moment i'm dating this guy, who practically ticks all my boxes but who says e cant marry me for religion sake........i know it simply means e cant marry me, religion or not.
Dunno y i'm still bothering but dnt know aw to break it up.

Ok! This is ur blog not mine....

Happy u got something going though.