Check out GNG’s recent post- thot her post was interesting- actually wrote what’s been on my mind about reading other blogs. Even though I’ve been struggling to read blogs lately, one blog I never fail to read is SingleBlackMale. You guys should check it out.
So I’m listening to www.bbc.co.uk/1xtra and Chipmunk was retarded enough to compare JayZ with Martin Luther King Jnr. I mean, SERIOUSLY??!!!! I don’t even know how he managed to put both names in one sentence during Black History Month (UK). Don’t get me wrong I actually do like JayZ. But what do you think? Is there a comparison? If so, how are they both legends and role models to black people?
Today marks 2 weeks that I’ve been in London and I’ve gotten these thots/feelings I just can't seem to shake off. For those of you who started following me right from the beginning, you’ll remember my first post. I’ve never been one to believe there is only one person out there for you. I think there are several people out there for us……….but I can’t seem to shake off the feeling I get when I think of (or see) Angel Michael(AM) or Drummer Boy(DB). That feeling of “it should have been him”. FYI, they are both married now; and no I’m not trying to be wife no.2- thank u very much!!! I met AM a year or so before he got married so he never knew I fancied him- but the 'fancy' didn’t last long- me I no dey pursue anoda person’s man. But we’ve seen a few times during this my trip and can’t get over how beautiful his soul is- how much I can easily talk to him etc. “I missed out on this; it could (should) have been him”.
Personality wise I know what I’m looking for- and I know its rear. I myself can not explain it- I just know it when I see it. Folks who accuse me of being choosey tend to think it’s the looks and money- but it isn’t. Someone you can be with and you’ll just be at peace. Humble. No stress. No worries about what he's doing. No game playing. You don’t have to act a role- u can be who u r- you don’t feel the need to impress and pretend to be who u’re not. This is who I am- accept me, love me, embrace me. A man who doesn’t see you as less human cos u’re female or as a sex object and respects you. And yet not socially awkward. Genuinely has the fear of God. Anyway as I said, I can't explain the personality I’m looking for in a man. All I know is- I know it when I see it- and its VERY rear.
AM is my good friend and I really appreciate the friendship cos I always get the honest realistic advice from him- never the over Jesus/Holy crap Christians feel the need to smack. I do not worry about being around him. But DB is different mehn. And my people I won't front in as much as I always sing “I don’t do married men”, I don’t know o. Well I know I will NEVER shag him but can't promise if left alone I won't snog him. But I so feel he should have been the one- I don’t know why. I had (intentionally) forgotten about him until he conveniently stopped by the night after I arrived. We kinda danced around each other as it all of a sudden got hot in the flat. Being around DB is worse cos not only do we get/understand each other- but there is the obvious attraction and at the same time there is the mutual respect. And we are both aware of the conscious effort we make to avoid each other and not communicate. Although since I’ve been here- he calls me briefly during lunch almost every day, but I’m going back to NJ soon- and things will go back to normal. Out of sight is out of mind, nah?
So I wonder- cos I feel bad feeling this way about these guys- cos they are married. But do u guys have people in your lives that make you think- that’s one boat I shouldn’t have missed? Luckily for me- these are guys I never dated. But it must be worse if they are people u’ve had a relationship with. Someone u dated and you messed up. As married men/women are there people out there that make you think “eeemmm……they should/could have been the one”. Or as a single man/woman, are there good people you’ve met that you messed up your chances with them or maybe just like me- you met them too late?
26 comments:
i dont think that there is one person for everybody..i think you meet someone and like him enough to make him your one perfect one.
honey you having missed the boat...you yacht is on the way...you will sail soon...hope you are enjoying london...the weather here in england is shite tho!!! dont let family stress you too...30 aint no big deal hun...do you!
Nope..
I tend not to cry over split milk.
If it has happened it has happened, I hate regrets.
Ur boat is still on its way....
Who compared Jayz to MLK? what is there to compare? tell me what Jayz did that was so life changing or had a global impact...hhaaa. abeg people shld sit down and shut up
yes i found good internet........ well Chipmunk is ignorant...end of story
I bind every form of temptation for u o.....
i dont really believe in the one soulmate for someone....who knows tho
FIRST!!!!!!!
lmao......... i wrote the post so im FIRST
lmao......... i wrote the post so im FIRST
lmao......... i wrote the post so im FIRST
lmao......... i wrote the post so im FIRST
lmao......... i wrote the post so im FIRST
@Funms - where's proof you wrote this post?it says posted by Tigeress...therefore M FIRST!!!!
Thanks for the shoutout, dia.
Oh, what great questions you ask here. I don't think there's only one person in the world for each person either.
There are a couple of guys that I have wondered about, namely whether they were the ones I was meant to be with. I tend to wonder about this when I'm feeling like I will be single forever. But since I believe there is more than one guy out there who's right for me, it gives me hope that someone great is on his way. I think it's my self preservation instinct at work sha.
yea i liked GNG post..
Yes there may be someone for everybody, but soul mate ummm.. i don't think so..
You are still in london, aaaah no be small groove you dey o.
i have met a few people i guess i met too late, but everything happens for a reason abi..
Gangsta cat you seem to be enjoying this london oh!!!.
I left something on twitter a few days back. Every time I see kryptonite now I wonder how I could have possibly lost that connection. Its not regret but a dull ache.
M wrote a post on the issue of soulmates too his epiphany and I think there is one person out there. Anyone else is the next best thing after all na only one rib God commot according to the bible.
JayZ MLK: there had to have been a context for comparison.
Have some mad mad fun.
MY
Who made that comparison of JayZ and Martin Luther King. JayZ has done done nothing to change the world or make such a great impact.
I have this friend, who everytime I see or talk to him, I know I missed the boat with him. Although, we never dated, but the feelings were there and it was mutual.
Was just not ready to settle for a serious relationship then, now he's got a girl and I sure have moved on with my life.
Cerberus and GWRedH- thank u for ur candid comments o. Its like u understand where i'm coming from. I am not losing sleep over it nor do i have regrets but u get that 'feeling' each time u see them.
Leggy- good point.
Shubby- abi o@ 30 not being a big deal. thanks?
Controversy- good way to view life.
Chayoma- my boat is still on the way? eerrrr.......cheers?
Funms- LOL!! My dear sister- u know me naow- no temptation here. But thanks for binding o. Before i go and one freak accident. LWKMD!!!
Shona- eeemmm...seems u're a bit dilusional. u're like no.5 or 6? lol!! But if it makes u feel good- yes u're no.1
GNG- u welcome. yup i agree- i dont think there's only one person out there. But is it possible one of the many cld (have been) be the best?
BSNC- abi o- everything happens for a reason. hopefully next 'one' wont be too late.
I believe we can happily settle with a number of people and shuffle through life but that their is ONE who you connect with on every level and makes your existence on this planet that much brighter.
I have two guys that I wonder about from time to time. The first was the worst because I left to go to Naija for NYSC so never knew what could be [sigh]. Yet even though that boat sailed, like someone said THAT LUXURY CRUISE LINER IS ON THE WAY :)
Awww.. this sound like me..
Anyway like Controversy said.. No need crying over split milk. As for me oh. I believe God has not send the right boat for me to sail on yet. So dearie hang in there. When the right boat comes along. You wont need to be told it is the one, you will just sail on. As for Chipmunk, leave.. O ma wa alight..LOL
Much love
Spicytee
Awww.. this sound like me..
Anyway like Controversy said.. No need crying over split milk. As for me oh. I believe God has not send the right boat for me to sail on yet. So dearie hang in there. When the right boat comes along. You wont need to be told it is the one, you will just sail on. As for Chipmunk, leave.. O ma wa alight..LOL
Much love
Spicytee
Caramel- lol@ cruise liner. Na wa for all of una bloggers. Everything must be a sad situation. thanks sha?
Ms SpiceT- no spilt milk here so no tears my dearie.
Chipmunk...even the name alone is enough to make anyone puke. I saw one programme on Jay Z and I said to myself that he's more clued up than his music lets on, but comparing him to Martin Luther King Jr, in the same breathe is just plain ignorant.
I feel this post. Many a time when I meet a great bloke who happens to be attached or married, am like I came late. Its happened to so many times that I wonder if there are any single blokes who are simply 'together'. But dem dey. It is well.
Martin Luther King and Jay-Z not for me. I mean I think Jay-Z is a great artist and has been influential but would I put him in the league of Martin Luther King, probably not!
love your blog. leaving my footprint :)
tigeress baby. yes o!there is this particular guy tht i know we clicked like if i eva believed thr's a soulmate theory, it woulda been him, i admit i probably messd it up,was too stubborn and spoilt with him. psycologically too i feel i have paid my dues on this and iv moved on and i think im cool whr i'm at, no regrets.
I wonder if you feel that way only because you didn't actually date either of them?
Perhaps then, they might not look so "good" to you?
Post a Comment