Oh, waow!!! My fellow bloggers- thank you all very very much!!! I got a lot of emails re- my last post which TOTALLY surprised me. I wasn't expecting it at all. My apologies for not posting/responding to the emails- i've been packing/moving/hardly coming on blogspot/and had no internet access over the weekend. I moved over the weekend and I am so so so knackered- but will gist u guys about that later.
So the first person i'd like to say thank you to is Cerberus who dedicated this poem to me:
please sit down
i'm hidden from the street,
So Gangtsa Tigress do take a seat
rest your tired feet,
relax and hear the birds tweet
please sit down,
take a minute and look around.
the serenity and calm
natures all healing balm
before the crowds of the world cause you to drown,
take a minute aside and please sit down
DEDICATED TO THE GANGSTA TIGRESS
Muchos gracias Cerberus ;)
JideO- thanks for stopping by. And i totally feel honoured that my blog was the 1st u commented on- well technically. :):) I hope to see you here more often. lol@ band aided spouses. Well to be honest- i've never dated someone i had hoped to marry, but i still feels awkward when I hear they're getting married or when they ask me- how far? lol!!
Panache- yes o, that was my off morning. What got to me is that that my particular aunt has never stressed me before about getting married. What got to me even more was the fact that she felt this guy was the best thing for me. And I felt slightly insulted that she might have felt I didn't have the sense to know a good husband for myself. And it upset me cos she felt I ought to be desperate at my age. She didn't say that exactly, but I sensed that. And thank you for the Bible passages. Delay is not denial.
Kookie- you came strong and hard. I definitely can see i started something- lol. I'm glad that my blog did some kinda of disservice (don't know what that means tho). BIG LOL@ being tired of being celibate- i didn't even think of that. Thank you so much Kookie! I really appreciate.
JonXavier- apologies for making you sad. lol!! Wasn't my intention. Was just ranting o! By lunch time i was good to go. But thank you for your sharing your thoughts with me. I pray God shall meet you at every point of your need(s) this year. Not only that, He'll bless you with uncommon promotion in Jesus's name. Yes, everything is gonna be okay.
Parakeet sweety; my favourite lil sister that i never had- thank you very much for your phone call. I appreciate. And many many thanks for not making it seem like a sad situation. xxxxx
Shona, my twinny- u definitely reacted the way i wanted- rather than making me seem sad. lol!!! Nosympathy hugs or kisses- hehehehe. I guess it's becos u can actually relate to me and we are alike. So yes, that morning was a bad one. I wasn't crying cos i was single; i was crying that my own aunt felt my situation was so sad and a lost cause that I had to settle. If my own relatives see me that way, how much more others. But yes I am tired of having to hear what folks have to say. Thanks.xxxx
Afrobabe- even tho i haven't heard from you- Thank you sha! lol!!
Nice Anon- yeh, I don't feel it's my fault for being single. If I haven't met anyone yet- I haven't. Folks need to mind their own business I reckon. Even if i'm being choosey- that's my own problem. Thanks for sharing your story- and you've definitely challenged me on not settling. You know women always settle out of desperation. God help us.
C of Scarlet- thank you my dear. You need not say comforting words- just single amongst.... God knows how how many singles. xxxxx
NikeA- Hello me dear. I actually replied your email. As mentioned- it wasn't an email that came across as if my single status was sad. And many thanks for sharing your heart with me- i appreciate. As I said and I always say- u see dat aisle- we shall all walk down it to me our spouses- Isha Allah! lol!! Make sure you keep in touch o! And trust me- it does get better. But I pray you'll meet the bone of your bones VERY soon.
Standtall- thank you. My aunt actually wasn't being horrible. She honestly had a valid reason for showing concerns. I think it's our generation that looks for love before marriage. They are from a totally different school. :):) I'm looking forward to seeing you soon.
Juicegal- many thanks for ur kind words. Yes o, nosey people just like to impose a timeline on you. It's even more annoying for those who are waiting to have children. Nigerians can be so so insensitive. But what can one do- u just have to build a thick skin. At least for those of us here- we can avoid Naija people.
Rita- thanks for your email. Funny enof most of my friends are single. All those old hens. LOL!!! So I don't have many weddings to attend. I hear of weddings from time to time but not folks i'm friends with. Like this year- i only have one wedding. A couple i actually introduced to each other. :):):) Bride is like 33/34 and groom is 35/36. God cannot forsake me- and as you've rightly said He is a God who answers even before we call. And yes o, favour is on my side- GUARANTEED!!!!
Naijababe- lol@ people to scold me- if I didn't know better I would have thot I was 20. I kinda guess you have a point there; but no self pity here whatsoever- why would you think so?
22- waow, thats young. All these people around you that have bf's- how many of them have gone thru heart aches? So the way to look at it- that is one thing you're not missing out on. No bf is worth the heart ache. My little cousin is the same age as u, and i told her if she's not ready to marry- she shouldn't bother being exclusive in a relationship. And remember, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. We are all beautiful in our own way- so you are beautiful. Thanks sweetie!
Sirius- thank you for ur email. It was different- no sad/sympatheric comments.
Those so called friends that chat nonsense- i reckon u shld X them. I'm sure they are folks that married young-right? To be honest- u dont need insensitive friends like that around you with their negative vibes. And they aren't telling u the truth- cos i'm sure they aren't the happiest people. Yeh, for me it's the pressure that irks me the most.
Temite- thanks for the cyber hug. :):)
Writefreak- thanks for the platitudes (to be honest i don't know what that means- LOL!!!), but ose gun. I appreciate! Also, thanks for the wallpost. :):)
Rethots- thank u me dear. Yeh, with the type of emails I got- i'm glad I blocked off the comment option- too many sad comments- one wld have thot I lost a family memeber (God forbid!!). And sentiments as well- wetin person go do? Norrin!!!! Tank u tank u.
Adaeze- I'm sure you won't be reading this anytime soon; hope you're enjoying your trip.
Yes you're right- nothing really helps and nothing good enough can really be said but thank you so much for commending me for being a strong and wonderful woman. Well I hope I'm truly of that. Hehehehe!!! And mehn I won't lie- I love myself too much to settle. This is someone you're gonna be stuck with for the rest of your life- well except one is open to divorce.
Mgbeke- thank you for the prayers my dear sista. While you're at it- pls pray for an higher paid job for me. lol!!!
Yeh that advice to go out more is so nerve racking!!! OMD!!! I had one 24 yr old girl tell me my life is boring and that i should be going to showers and weddings- u wld have thot i was complaining to her. She even went as far as suggesting i hang out with some chick like this thats 23. Felt like slapping the shii out of her. lol.
Mizcynic- I have to email you back o!!! Hehehehe!!! Lets have our discussion off blogsville. Yeh I was dreading 30, but now i'm embracing it. 30 is old sha, kai!!! But 30 is the year of greater things. Check out my blog- http://thecounselorandherthots.blogspot.com/2009/05/30-year-of-greater-things.html. Thank you so much for your words of encouragments. I needed to hear that- don't give up. Cos I've literally given up in a specific challenge i'm currently facing.
LG- lol@ Tiger wife dey tire? That's funny. Thanks for making me laugh. And yes o, God knows best. xxxx. Thanks for stopping by.
FFF- Let them pressure me all they want. As long as they aren't going to be the one in the marriage- it'll be according to my own clock. Thank you dearie and God be with you too. :)
Funms- my other lil sister that I never had. I'm missing you o. This one that I have no one to discuss the movies I watch with. How Naija? I promise I will call you. U don see Dante? Hehehehe!!! Thanks for your email. xxxxxx
Uzezi- Thank you for stopping by. Saw all your comments on my other blog. I appreciate the love. Yes o, I was tell folks who are always going on and on about what they are looking for in a spouse to assess themselves and see if they have the same qualities. The time spent waiting is the time to spend to work on yourself and yourself a better person. I'm sure you've seen this my post http://thecounselorandherthots.blogspot.com/. As for feeling drepressed- thats faaaaaaar from me- thank God for that. Depressed ke? My dear, depressed, sad, unhappy, happy etc will not change the situation.
Abeni- If truly we are choosey-wetin consan dem? I tell them not to worry that i'll marry a cab driver or someone from the gherro to prove to them that i'm not choosey. I saw all your comments on my other posts. Thank you very much! :):):)
Dante- xxxxxooooooxxxxxxxoooooooxxxxxx. Hehehehehe!!
29 comments:
First??!!
I think I just started following ur blgo, so Im off to read it
First??!!
Glad to see you back to the Tigeress we all love
Glad to see you back in good spirits. No wahala, you were genuine and sincere. We all have our moments.
yay! tigeress is back!
thats blogville for u, ready to swamp you with love, and if u're not having it, we'll hold u down and stuff it down ur throat! lol
Now that we are feeling a lot better, can we talk photography.
If you have a fb account you can add me on facebook check for Aseda Fotography.
OR email asedaphotos@gmail.com.
Yes it's still the same me your friendly neighbourhood blogger :)
c'mon shona, stop claiming first!
Good to see ur better! Now I'm going to start counting down till u call me!
Hopefully it won't be after I've left! I've plenty gist o, I will email u tomorrow
Btw dante is missing!
whatever was going on, I missed it, but it seems that as expected you have come out on top. Your strength will never fail you. No be by mistake say you chose "Gangsta Tigress" as the name for yourself.
I don't get any thanks. I guess it's my ault for being absent! *sad face*
x!
Obviously missed something. Glad you are better though. Take it easy.
Welcome back Tigress. Your post actually pushed me to create my blogsville email addy just so I could send you an email but naija connection no gree, it kept timing out, so I figured I'd wait till your next post and comment. I was just going to say : Thanks for sharing your sincere thoughts with us and hugs. Glad you are feeling better.
And we are in High spirits!
Yay!
So much love from us your cyber family.
I guess you feel much better.
(((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))
PS: I know my friends mean well....
so I just smile .....
It's just a phase.
We'll overcome it in due time.
Wow...i actually didnt think it had post my claim to the first position!!
Once more thank you hon!!
Oooh btw how come Afro just got an honorary thank you?why o??..lol...
good 2 knw u'v shaken off the feeling...
thank GOD
Good you're feeling berra today, been off for a week or so now too, promise you will get my mail when I'm back fully.
Cheers dear.
xxx
Glad u feeling better...
stay positive
Glad to have you back
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxx
lol hahaha
Been checking to read ur nxt post. Seemed like forever... lol. Good to have u back, hope u are posting something real soon again.... love ya lots...xoxo
Good to know you've navigated the difficult period...
You are welcome sweetie. See you soon
You are welcome sweetie. See you soon
I'm glad u r over the "tired" phase...I'm sure u came out stronger and more assured that HE's got ur back...cheers
See Shona jealousing me here oh...Of course I got a sweet thankyou....we know where we meet...
Hey…I want a poem dedicated to me too :(
Who do I have to bribe?
From the comment u left shona...YOU CRIED!! lol...you actually let your aunt get to you...rubbish, what you needed was a big slap and some ice cream...sod the diets!!
My own mum abuses me now oh...lol..as in how can i say that one is ugly, this one doesn't speak english..last night she actually asked me if I think my own english is perfect..I couldn't stop laughing...she dropped on me..then called back to say I love u...guess she was scared I woud hang myself...lmao..
Post a Comment