Shona, i just had to post about my love for this song. I know, I know. lol.
Yesterday was the first time i actually REALLY listened to the words of Beyonce's song Halo. And OMD am i addicted/obsessed/crazy about it. It's now my ring tone- and i have never used a song as my ringtone before. I can't even count the number of times i've listened to it since yesterday. I mean how could Beyonce sing a song as beautiful as that? A song that talks about something so unrealistic and yet we all long for. Something we all yearn for, but a lot of us never get or think we do have but only for us to see it slip right thru our fingers. I mean the last song I heard that was this beautiful was Dangerously in Love- also by Beyonce. This reminded me of the Halo remix by a group called Ahmir that a blogger posted not too long ago. Mehn these dude put together a SICK (i.e. nice) remake of Halo and Dangerously in Love together. I'm like WHAT?! WHAT?! R.I.D.I.C.U.L.O.U.S!!
Does such love exist? Have you found your angel or are still waiting for yours to come along? I'm sure everyone wants to feel/see the Halo from their angel (loved one).
To view the video click here.... And if you haven't paid attention to the lyrics- watch the video below- then you'll see what i'm on about. Or maybe it's just me?
I am SOOOOOOO LOVING this song right now. hehehehe
As for me for me finding my Halo- make God use person dash me money jare. Dat na correct Halo right der. Cos love aint gonna pay my present bills. Lmho!
Definition of Halo: a geometric shape, usually in the form of a disk, circle, ring, or rayed structure, traditionally representing a radiant light around or above the head of a divine or sacred personage, an ancient or medieval monarch, etc.
30 comments:
FIRST!!!! Pays to be awake at 5am in naija. lol.
I'm still searching for mine too. Lovely one there, from Ahmir.
the week the album came out, i played Halo on repeat throughout.... its my fave song of hers next to Flaws and all and when i listen to it, i dont think of my hurt, pain or disappointment, i dont reminisce over lost love, i dont dwell on the men that ve broken my heart..... it takes me to a peaceful place where i daydream about finding such pure love....my own Halo
and yes o, right now, i would like some Money making halo.... not a person, but an actual literal Halo thats filled with dollar bills
I was gonna do a post on Halo a while back but since everybdy was already crazy bout the song, I changed my mind.
Like Funms said, the song jst has that peaceful feel to it...Have I found/seen my Halo? I dnt want to rush into saying yes, but where we are at ryt now, jst feels so right.
Our story is funny sef, but am happy and just love the way I feel...lol
It took a while for the song to grow on me. It's a great song though. It definitely portrays an image of the great relationship that a lot of ladies are in search of. The four guys (Ahmir) are very talented! In my opinion, their cover of Halo sounds better than the original song. Their voices are amazing and sexy!
You'll find your halo in due time.
I have not listened to the song even tho' it is the 'IT' song in gidi now..i don't need any mushy song to remind me of the absence of a much needed significant other..i'll rather do without the song at this moment...lol..
Seriously..i will listen to it later joo..but i agree with funms...the dollar spraying halo..so I can get my bike and this sick toyota avalon i saw in a car shop the other day!
Funny enuff, I heard the song this morning on my way to work...hmnn
Though beyonce's song ve always been beautiful sha....
i've always had a thing for Dangerously in Love, and Halo, just attached itself. they are both beautiful songs, the first time i listened to the words of Halo, i cried...it's so beautiful.... I guess i can say i have something close enough :-)
Not a Beyonce fan but this song is good and I think that there are so many angels in my life already I really do. My mama being one..lol
I love this song.............its still my message tone.
The words are so deep.
Tigeress dnt worry we would all find our own o..AMEN.
I'm feelin u...love aint gonna pay my bills..preach it..lol
LOL!!! Guess you just had to do this post ay!!
Well when the cd came out, I loved HALO, Hello, Ave Maria and the ever subliminal EGO..OK m a Beyonce fan!!
Just the first line of the song 'Remember those walls I built...' got me when I first played the song...I even thought Ne-yo penned the song but nah Miss Bey and some other writers worked on it!..and as for my own Halo..he exists!! (keeping the faith its called)
You'll find that one person you'll feel comfortable with and let them in...
Okay, okay already Tigeress...One more Halo out of you and i'll....lol.
Ahem, money making halo,that's what i'm talking about*
BTW any-one notice I rule on Those that Truly Love thee??Yess I rock!!!..LOL...
Girl ur LATE!
I was hoooked on this song a looooong time ago. Funny coincidence the last time i heard a beautiful song like that is also Dangerously In Love. It really reaches deep into ur heart and moves u.
beautiful song
beautiful girl...
love beyonce..
thank God i have found my HALO....
Yup, like someone said, from the first listen of the album, I loved Halo. I even posted it as one of the songs in my head. I wasn't surprised to learn that it was written by Ryan Tedder from One Republic who also wrote Apologize.
You will find your own Love and Money Halo in due time!
oh my! i was head over heels in love with that song the first time i heard it. then, wen i saw the video with beyonce looking oh so fine, i was smitten! i tried singing the song with MM, but d nonsense man wasn't even getting the drift so i stopped. lol. dat man can be so clueless eh.
Me i wont lie o, me i had tears in eyes a few times i listened to the song. It gave me hope and did something to my heart but i'd then remember all the idiots (sorry for the strong word) i stumble across and then come back down to earth. lol.
money making halo? if that one exists i am first in line oh!
as for the song, i know the lyrics like the back of my hand. then again, which song don't i know its lyrics?
beautiful song all the same.
Me too...im looking o
I absolutely adore that song. It is sooo peaceful. :-)
yes it is a deep beautiful song.
I'm not a fan of beyonce but Halo is def a fantastic song!!!
I'm not a fan of beyonce but Halo is def a fantastic song!!!
ooooooooooooooh!
I fell in love with Halo November 2008!
I literally had goose bumps when i listened to it the 1st time.
- B fan.......lol.
nice sampling.
off to pick up my ipod now.
I heard these guys a while back and I think they are fiyaaaah. I played it over and over again. Thanks for reminding me how hot they are.
There really isn't a love like that (consistently) The fact is we are 'men' and are imperfect. there's no halo over ur head, my head or 'his' head. Don't let Ms Bey. fool ya with her beautifully penned lyrics. I'm sure there are days when she sings '... u must not know 'bout me, u must not know 'bout me... to the left to the left' ... to JayZ. Infact I'm sure of it.
man, those guys gimme goose bumps! chai!
Ok I guess the halo song no dey do me like that. I haven't even paid attention to what the song is saying sef.
so i just listened to the AHMIR version, i can't take it, tears of joy.... sigh...it's gonna be a good day!
its my ring tone too! luv luv luv dt song!
Even the vid makes u want to find ur halo chap chap...d guy in d vid is foine, with pretty eyes too!
The lyrics of the song are so so beautiful; I didn't know them all until you shared them. I'm still waiting for my Halo, and waiting to be somebody's Halo. It will happen for you also!
Post a Comment