Thursday, November 13, 2008

I don't love you but i'll marry you

A lot of folks on blogsville are either in love, searching for love, or pining for the love they once had. For me, I’m in the category of those searching for love and wanting to marry for love amongst other things. For those who pine over/for the love they once had- I do feel for them but at the same time can not relate. I do not envy them for the pain and broken heart they seem to have gone through at the same time I wish I knew what love feels like- I can only imagine. I have been love once but I was 18 then, and I don’t think an 18 year old being in love can be compared to a mature individual being in love. An 18 year old being in love is Mary Poppins kinda love.

Because I have not had an emotional wrenching relationship- I’ve never been one to be bitter towards guys, but at the same time I’m very aware of what others go through- so I am paranoid of getting played or treated like crap at this stage in my life.

The pressure is on!! Sometimes (depending on time of the month- lol!!) it irks me and on other days I’m like- whatever. This month of November has been one of those months. I have 2 guys who I know or shld I say I believe genuinely like me but I don’t know what’s wrong with me- am I too picky or just plain unrealistic? Cos they do not peak my interest. There is Short D. My problem with him is that- I don’t know what he’s doing. He isn’t working nor is he in school- that bothers me. Then there is Uncle Doc. 10.5 years older than me- meeeeeeeehhhhnnnn that age difference bothers me big time!!! Dude is even older than my uncle (by only a few month tho). Dude is gonna be 40 in 3 months!!!! 40!!!!! What the hell!!! It’s not only guys that want to marry ‘ayounge’ we women too want to marry young blood. I don’t think wanting to marry someone between -1 to 7years older than me too demanding- abi? Other than being old, I’m not attracted to Uncle Doc- he’s on the big side plus he’s from another Nigerian tribe. Mehn, I can’t be blowing English 24/7 naow. Kilode?!!!! Uncle Doc has a good personality- tries hard to be young at heart and a bit too chatty for me. I like Uncle Doc but I’m not interested in either him or Short D. Nor do I like Doc (Doc, Biggie & English) and his obnoxious self. So this then brings me to my main question- are some of us destined NOT to find love, fall in love, find our other half, and get the butterfly effect? Are some of us just destined to settle for what we can get, and maybe grow to love our spouse? Am I asking too much for wanting to marry someone I’m slightly attracted to? Why is it ok for men not to date women like me that are slim and I’m frowned upon for not wanting to date someone I’m not attracted to? Should I stop waiting to fall in love before marrying? Cos if I should continue waiting- I might be 41 and still waiting for this so called love.

This month has been one of those months. I x’d West Ham out of my life- which was very easy. Drummer Boy was the opposite- we actually started talking more but nothing lovey dubby o- just general gist. As for @- just continued with the FB poking. @ recently called me in the middle of the nite his time after a nite of clubbing. I was surprised cos it had been a minute- I even thot maybe something was wrong. You guys remember my blog: I'm getting married!!! Well the same topic came up- as usual I laughed about it thinking it was a joke, but boi was I wrong. The laughing stopped immediately and I was gub smacked with shock. I’ve learnt not to react immediately I get angry/upset so I ended the conversation- politely and said we should talk another time. But I was extremely upset. VERY upset. Cos the way I see it, the ONLY way I see it is- dude don see me finish. I’m still single at this age abi? So I should be happy that he gave me that kinda offer with the fact that there are plenty babes (spring chickens in fact) who’d be up for it. I should consider myself lucky- abi? Me? A WHOLE ME?!!!! I’ve said it once and I say it again- no man can have me in his life with another woman and be at peace. I am 1.5 in 1. WTF!!!! Nigga got me swearing here!!!! I felt the pressure hard there (Life, fears & pressures of being a Hen). It’s been years since I’d asked this question, but that nite I asked- Why am I still single? If I were not, would he have the audacity to ask me such??!!! Told my uncle, Mr. Kay, about this. Mr. Kay na my homeboy/padi plus he’s pali’s with @. To make matters worse, a day after I told Mr. kay, Mr. Kay calls me to give me ultimatum- I have to be married by May 2009 and that he was on the look out for me. Lol!! I guess he had a panic attack that his lovely precious niece might settle for @’s offer. Only if Mr. Kay knew he pissed me off as well. What the hell?!! Wha kin dety pressure be dat? Make Mr. Kay go warn himself o! E won marry me off?

And the last but not the least. DM (Drummer boy and my mojo) told me his wedding date (via email) and to my uttermost surprise I felt crushed for like 2 loooong minutes and actually shed a few tears. Till today I can't tell you why those tears rolled down my face- cos I did know he wasn’t available for me. All I know for now is that I want both him and @ out of my life. I can't deal!

24 comments:

Toluwa said...

just claiming my 1st place...long post..will be back to read!

Tigeress said...

lol! I might as well claim 2nd. Yeh- didn't intend for it to be this long.

ShadeCrown said...

I feel u, 10.5 years seems too much but sometimes when u really dig domeone things like that wudnt really bother u..

Nefertiti said...

hmm... They say the grass is always greener on the other side. recently, a friend of mine, who's being chased aggressively by some dude she doesn't like said 'girl, maybe when I'm like 29/30 and I'm desperate (we laff at this), I'll marry this dude' I pray this is not anyone's portion o. I pray you find the man who God has called you to be his help meet. A lot of women want to be a bride, but are not ready to be wives (I might write a post about this at some point)We want the white gown, 1million carat ring, dashing groom, to be center of attraction, but we are not ready to cook meals to feed an army several times a week, or be accountable to someone else... I could go for days. Please enjoy this time alone with yourself. Trust me, you'll miss it when you don't have it anymore. It is well!... o ga o! y do I let issues get to me and i start ranting *Admonishing herself as she hits the publish comment button*

Anonymous said...

what exactly is your apprehension about getting married?no husband or you just not ready yet?

Tigeress said...

talesandtallies which one na apprehension now? my main question is do some folks settle for what they can get, does everyone find love before marraige or settle for liking and the grow to love.

@Nefertiti let all out. lol!

@ Sha...yeh, the thot of celebrating my bf/finance/husband's 40th at this point in my life.....lol!!

Kookie said...

I dont think its asking too much to be attracted to the man you marry to have those butterflies. People who are married often tell single people that we are too picky and must choose someone who is a good man. I always wonder why being a good man and being able to inspire butterflies in a woman are separate. Keep looking for the love of your life because life and marriages are too short to be married to someone who you have to learn to love.

Anonymous said...

ok, sorry... i actually misunderstood it then.

I don't think everybody falls in love first, because I have had many friends that were married off as soon as we finished high school.
If i were to say, I would chose love because its gonna be a lifetime thing. and you won't wanna give your entire life to someone you just 'like'. It's a huge commitment to be with someone you may actually never grow to love.

sry about the earlier comment...

xoxo

Tigeress said...

T&T no need for the apologies- the post was long- didnt realize when i was typing it. so if u're like me- i tend to scheme thru long ass posts. lol!!

But there is an element of fear- i think every self sufficient woman has it. The fear of the unknown. Fear of being miserable, choosing the wrong person, or a guy switching on u and flexing his powers "I-am-a-man", i can go on and on.

Aphrodite said...

"Are some of us destined NOT to find love, fall in love, find our other half, and get the butterfly effect? Are some of us just destined to settle for what we can get, and maybe grow to love our spouse? Am I asking too much for wanting to marry someone I’m slightly attracted to? Why is it ok for men not to date women like me that are slim and I’m frowned upon for not wanting to date someone I’m not attracted to? Should I stop waiting to fall in love before marrying? Cos if I should continue waiting- I might be 41 and still waiting for this so called love"

Oh mi God babes! You just mirrored my feelings here. I don't just want to get married for the sake of marriage but is that asking for too much?

Aphrodite said...

On the age issue, I dont think 10 years is too much but thats my opinion. Maybe cos I have always preferred older men. Will marry a man 20 yrs older than I am if I love him.
I think the key issue here should be-Do u have feelings for him?

LovePaprika said...

omo this kind question carry weight oh!!!!!
I think its not fair to say you dont wanna marry someone just because they are from a different tribe though...other than that if u like em u like em ...I dont think u r asking a lot as people including me think like this and I aint even done with school! so lord knows what i'll be thinking then...*sighs* I pray for u and me to find love oh lol and not marry cos someone has a gud career or he is rich or something else...amen oh and they equally would love us back or even more lol

Anonymous said...

you'll meet someone when you least expect it. i truly believe that.
in the mean time, dont think it's got anything to do with you... you're on the right track

~Sirius~ said...

Never settle for less period! there will be days where you'd feel like killing your partner and the only thing that would save you is love.

Don't think you are being choosy, it's your life and you should be happy with the choices you make.

Confessions of a London gal said...

Marriage AND Love, (note that they are seperated) are the only 2 things I always say one cannot afford to settle. If its not the best, you dont want it.
Anything less than wild, passionate, extra-ordinary love is a waste of your time...its d only thing that wud stand d test of time between a couple and anything less than that, aint gonna last a life time. It's only a matter of time girl, you'll get it...Trust!
P.S. Uncle kay- watch it o!

princesa said...

On this issue of Love and marriage,
these days i get confused o...

You meet a man you really like and he no get eyes for you. You love Bobo and he is busy 'gbaduing' another babe.

Whereas, the ones you dont care for are all over you, doing all you expect from ur man but still yet you dont feel those butterflies...

What's a gal to do???

Tigeress said...

Aphrodite meeehhnn- that question has been ringing in my head a lot lately. Settling, growing to love etc.
10 years gap isn't for me- always feeling wiser and having something to say.

MissLove- i actually dont mind marrying someone from a different tribe. this might sound selfish but it'll be nice he spoke my language. But that's a personal preference.

Sirius- thanks for the word.

London gal- what if one is still waiting for that at the age of 41?

Princesa- i totally feel u on that. Dudes you like dont send you or are engaged and about to get married. lol!!! Then you have these annoying ones that can jump inside Thames or Hudson or Michigan for u. What is a girl suppose to do?!!!

Buttercup said...

Well, we r talkin of someone u r goin to spend the REST OF UR LIFE with, so HELL YEA, u have to be attracted to n be in love with the person..u shudnt think, ok, what if i grow to love him..what if u dont?

God will provide the man he created for u..amen..

Femi B said...

10.5 wetin be .5? i feel u on the lovething sha

ShonaVixen said...

Gurl, are you my long lost twin???...lol...i am so picky and have been told thats why I'm still single...10.5yrs...aaah thats too much..Aint it funny how @ will think he's doing you a favour??..mmmmcccchewwww...
I just think that you should marry some-one that you're at least attracted to...hmm...m single though...lmao....please allow it, i'll marry one whom m attracted to!!

Anonymous said...

Love the blog, btw.

http://popwife.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

"Am I asking too much for wanting to marry..." perish the thot.

We need not compromise, why settle for a life-time of endurance.
I daresay, we can always find love at our own price. Moreover, i think not 'em guys will compromise for the ladies. Patience....'surulere'.

Zayzee said...

u will find love. and you wont be 41 when it happens. when you keep thinking about it, it makes you always on the edge and it hardly comes that way. just focus on other things. eg God. when this love comes, you will be surprised through what door it entered. and please don't settle for less. every child of God has been promised the very best.

i have a friend in ur situation who really needs to find love. unfortunately, she pretends not to care and rather concentrates on a tall light complexioned, pocket loaded, fast cars, to drop from nowhere.

Tigeress said...

OMD WTF!!!! @ deleted me off his FB list! I dont even know how i feel right now- confused? relieaved? shocked? pissed? I'm like WHAT THE HELL!!!! He calls me to ask to be his 2nd wife- he then has the nerve to delete me!!! Dude actually X'd me. lol!!!