Monday, October 25, 2010

Cerberus

Sorry this post isn’t about Cerberus but was hoping the title would catch your attention. But speaking of whom- I actually just had dinner with him and a friend (SL) and for those of you that haven’t met Cerberus (the Spanish speaking one) before- I’ll tell you this- especially you ladies, both young and old- he’s cute, got big personality and rather charming. And oh yeah, dude is too sharp for his own good. Come to think of it- he’s the first male blogger I’d meet. Enigma introduced me blogging.

So I’m in-like o my people. Serious like and I can’t even tell u why I like Saint more and more each day. That’s all I’m saying for now.

I responded to all comments left on my last post. But I’ll say this- for those who skip paragraphs when readying- do note I did say all Nigerians are NOT like that. As a Nigerian myself I have every right to talk about my interaction with my fellow people- be it good or bad so abeg FREE ME JO!!!

NYSC wahala. This NYSC is like a thorn in the flesh. But first and foremost- for those of u returnees who have been posted to Iseyin for Orientation- holla at me- tigeress2much@gmail.com. Also can those of you who have gone through camp tell me things I need to take, what will be provided there, do’s and don’ts, and other useful info can be sent directly to me (wink wink) cos that one year service get as e bi. So as I was saying- dis NYSC na real wahala. Its obviously a way for companies to get cheap labour- bah? Lol!! I done tire for the type of responses I get when I say I’m about to serve. But this my head/brain just can not comprehend where they are coming from. How does me not having NYSC under my belt equate to me not being paid for the same services I’ll provide if say I had done it 10 years ago. I hope that makes sense. I meet a prospect employee who sees my cv- shudders at whether he/she can afford me- but as soon as NYSC comes in- it’s like they flip on me and scorn me as if I’m silly to expect a good wage. Abeg abeg abeg- I know what I have to offer and my capabilities- lets not let NYSC get in the way. I for one cannot let NYSC get in the way of my BIG dreams/goals/ideas. I do not want to be constrained. I can not be constrained. So my advice for those of u in Diaspora, make sure u sort out your NYSC before moving back- even if you don’t plan to live in Nigeria- cos folks will take the piss.

So coming to Naija has made me realize that I’m rather conservative and maybe a tad prude. My make up is relatively moderate. I don’t wear much jewelry. I’m not carrying or wearing a designer bag/shoe/sandal. My tits are never hanging out. I’m yet to catch unto the Brazilian weave craze. I do not drink alcohol. I do not go out to bars/clubs- God forbid will I let them shorten my life span with 2nd hand smoking. Other than that- I wld be doing the tootsie roll a couple of weekends a month. I don’t feel it’s a must for me to live in Lekki. Me I fit do Mainland. I’m not into the business of Island people are superior to Mainland inhabitants. In fact this Lekki area gon sef- I fit carry belle quicker here compared to Mainland. More distractions (men) here. Plus I’m strongly not in favour of paying ridiculous rent to live in a flooded, big pot holed neighbourhood. I don’t get it.  So maybe i'm a bit up tight and bit too prim and proper.  So in order to losen up- i shall be taking Ceberus's advice and drink some Patron or drink a lot of it.

Oh btw I’ve been staying with Funms off and on for the last couple of weeks. She’s one very interesting character. Lol!! Funms- thank u sweety for housing me.

15 comments:

Blogoratti said...

Good advice,that*

Wish you all the best, and stay safe.

cerberus said...

haha..
Scatter your defence at your own risk. You are lovely company as well.

have a wonderful week.

Saludos,
MY
of The Cerberus

Unknown said...

Hope you get all you need concerning the stuff you need for your Nysc..
Agree with you all the way with the mentality of the 'Lekki' craze..
It's so pitiful to watch!
But then,like a friend said' it's the mentality'
Have fun dear!
Good thing you have a friend who's been good to you since you came in..

Anonymous said...

The mainland makes way more sense to me,but if you work on the island, then it makes sense to leave there.

All the best with NYSC

Apinke said...

didnt serve in iseyin but sha carry detol, mosquito net and have plenty money to buy bottled water. for the rest, u go blend somehow.

i never looked fwd to nysc, i hated camp!

Miss Natural said...

lmaooo really good advice. taken a lot onboard! enjoy nysc (hopefully) lol.

Myne said...

All the best on camp, don't allow those ogas to cheat you o...with your experience and all..

Anonymous said...

all d best with camp...you'd definitely need a mosquito net, a waist purse/bag for your phone/keys/money, lip blam...etc.

Miss Enigma said...

I'll be serving next year so pls bring all the juicy details and gist...all the best dear!!!

histreasure said...

all d best in camp(am sure you've headed out there already) you go survive am, no be naija u be?..yes, don't compromise on the bottled water o..and sort out ur place of primary assignment as mush as possible

The Activist said...

No darling, you did not respond to all the comments on your last post. I did not find mine! A fact that am taking personally unless something is done about it!

Nutty J. said...

ah han...easy on Lekki na. Its not that bad once you get used to the bad roads and traffic...LMAO. For real, night time is fun

Parakeet said...

Thanks for the NYSC info...I shall take note.

Nija and levels sha. Too much fake living.

Ms.O said...

Aww good of Funms! Have 'fun' at NYSC.... bring back all the fun stuff!

LusciousRon said...

Buy your own white shorts and tees before you leave. Definitely better sorting out NYSC before doing post grad or other stuffs. The companies are mean and ALWAYS want cheap labour. Goodluck. I like your take on Lekki, it expresses my view. :D