Didn’t realize till a couple of days ago that September 7th marked 2years since I first blogged. Even though I don’t really blog anymore, I felt............I dunno jare. This was my first blog:
http://gangstatigeress.blogspot.com/2008/09/boys-boys-boys.html
and my 1year blog was: http://gangstatigeress.blogspot.com/2009/09/one-year.html
So I really don’t have any intentions coming back to blogspot, but this my Naija move e get as e bi. There is no way I will not share my Naija experiences with you guys. To be honest for those of u accustomed to Naija ways- my experiences will mean nothing to you- in fact you’ll see me as a JJC or someone real slow. E bi like say I don come back- one kin’ one kin. But meeeehhhnnn internet service in Naija is the biggest joke ever. I’m currently in Queensland- hence my ability to surf d net with ease. Mehn Naija (Eko) o ni baje.
The koko of my post. I don become Runs Girl (said in the right accent) for Abuja o. My main base na Hilton. So I find myself frolicking around Hilton Transcorp (wearing skinny jeans, glass heals, top, and thick belt) wondering why I’m being stared at or being looked at one funny way. I brush it off thinking its cos I’m fly. Lol!! Not only did I do awoof eating free breakfast with my “adopted brother” Mr. T, I even left and came back for free lunch and DANG was their food delicious in Buka (that’s what its called right?). And I must say Hilton staffs were very pleasant and friendly towards me. 2nd day I went back wearing jeans with polo top- with our (my) friend to do awoof lunch. Yes yes yes I too like food- dat na y bi lepa. Again those funny looks but I brush it off asper I dey wear customized polo wey get name on top d back. Omo, I too fly bah? Maybe these Northerners never see such. Lol!!
Ok my story too long. So I decide to spend the night at a friends and head to airport (Queensland) from hers not knowing she sef dey crash for her cousin hotel room. But my God na miracle working God- abi? Cos as I’m getting into Abuja city I get a call from Mr. T and story story he had a hotel room in a guesthouse that wasn’t good enough for him and Hilton had miraculously found an available room despite being booked up- so the egbon shifted base. Aaahhh free room for me and my girl. I go to Hilton to collect key- wearing black above d knee dress and leggings, long braids, and with suitcase. I drop off suitcase at reception and I couldn’t understand when/why the lady there assumed I was spending the night there and not only that that my friend I was looking for was a guy. I was spending the ‘night’ with a ‘guest’ of theirs and ‘he’…….. WTF??? They don see runs girl on top my head bah? I enter the Piano Lounge and the eyes??!!! OMD!!! Paranoia kicks in. AAhhh please I no bi runs girl- e gba mi. Quick quick I call my girl and her cousin to come meet me for Hilton- at least d dude can not be shagging the 3 of us? I was so proud when I was leaving Hilton with my suitcase in toll. And when I was asked, “Madam you are not staying here”? I was quick to say, “No, I’m staying with my friends”. I take God beg all of una, I no bi runs girl. Ok fast forward to checking out of the guestroom. Three hungry women stagger out of the guest house- I decide to take care of checking out. The question I got immediately after getting a good morning was, “has your guest left already?” Aaaaahhhh dis chic dey craze??!! Guest e ke? She might as well say ur costumer. Hisssssss!!! Hidiot! Did she not see 3 women walk out- what kin detty guest is she referring to? So 3 women and 1 man bah? LOL!! This Abuja (Naija) na real wa. Felt like slapping the shit out of her.
Being the ignorant person that I am (and I guess cos I’m not married yet) I’ve never imagined that me going to a hotel automatically means I be ashewo. Mehn Yankee is different. But apparently Abuja, particularly Hilton, is known for such atrocities. Being in Abuja I am now paranoid about what I wear. Wearing heals, or an above-the-knee dress, or contacts etc- you face the risk of being automatically classified as a runs girl.
Moving on….yesterday was one of my down days. 9 months- and I look forward to the day I stop counting.
So guess who stopped by to see me. Drummer Boy (DB). Dude comes by all dimpled up with his tall dark fine self- looking hott and delicious; seducing me with his scent and sending me signals with his eyes and smiles (ok maybe that’s me just imagining things) but he was sending out vibes sha. Emmmm….sorry for him. Luckily/unfortunate for him- I do not do unavailable men. But dude should warn himself o, sniffing around dat what can fa?
As mentioned im currently in Queensland. Human beings are funny sha. When they see person finish. I told a couple of people i'm on a mini vacation and u could hear the shock in their response- that i'm actually here. Se pe its beyond their imagination that I could be here?? As i've always said- this year might have been the worst year for me but more shock shall grip them all. Isha Allah!
Saint; my young lover………..
As a babe who spent most of her 20's being single and celebate- it wasn't such a hard thing, infact it was a breeze. But meeehhhnn hitting 30's- its a whole other ball game. I reckon it comes to a point that if you cant get what you want/expect then you ought to settle for what you can get? I've done the love thing- and unfortunately it was one of the ugliest experiences ever. Love doesn't mean jack to a lot (of men)- especially Naija ones. This is just me thinking out loud.....
Stay tuned as I share how I get back on my feet, find happiness, and love etc.
3 comments:
She back…
LMAO@ i take God beg una...
you know the funniest thing…last year I was on a project (work) and the client lodged us at the Hilton. This faithful night I was going up to my room andthis white guy tries to price me like am a ho…it was unbelievable, I just showed him my room card and told him I was a guest…so I think it is an Abuja thing o
That is the hazard of living n Abuja! Driving around during NYSC, people automatically assume there is one Senator or Alhaji footing the bills! I was so glad when it was over.
Do enjoy yourself.
LOL@love not meaning a thing to lots of naija men
I agree...because am not sure i can say any different...
You're passed the age now& are seeing things differently; I’m sure there are something you thought you understood but do not anymore *SMH* welcome to life as we see it
…about the Abuja thing, its best you know how it works, so next time, wear those your sexy ass clothes, hold your head high & walk in & out of any hotel you damn well please…then when someone decides to embarrass you, please please…make sure you give it to him (draw blood if necessary) & call me…LWKMD
Post a Comment