My fellow bloggers, my name is TIGERESS and NOT Tigress. I’ve tried to ignore it but….
Our recent blog on The African Women got me thinking about friendship. It’s interesting to see that I’m not the only one that seems to have questions regarding friendship. I’ve seen quite a few blogs lately talking about friendship. I’m sure most of us have experienced the viciousness, the back stabbing, the jealousy, the using (yes friends can use you), the cattiness, man/woman stealer etc. The breaking of trust. You confide in a friend and he/she goes to tell another your story. Gossip. Bitching. And yes, men too behave like this. I’m sorry but if as a loyal friend you experience such- there is no way you can tell me it’s not heart breaking.
I want to talk about man-wrapper friends. Friends who use you when they are not in a relationship and dump your ass as soon as they get bf; and when in turn their ass gets dumped or the relationship just doesn’t work out- they pick you back up or look for another friend to use. I want to talk about friends who becos they don’t have the ability to be single; they must either be in a relationship or have a prominent toaster; who during the in-between of such waiting periods exert all that attention they would normally pay a bf- unto a friend. (I hope that made sense). As you can figure out, this is for the ladies. Now, I’ve never been a man wrapper nor have I been one of those girls that because of man I neglect my friends. I honestly do not comprehend the correlation between having a bf and going MIA on ur friends. Then again, maybe I just haven't met that guy that was so fantastic/ great that he’ll make me see no use of my friends and therefore revolve my life around him. Haven't met such a guy yet. Now notice that I say bf. Cos most of the women who do go MIA are not those who are married- they are the ones who have mere bf. BOYFRIEND not even husband. Hisssssssss! This is 2009- any friend that drops me becos of man had better pray to God almighty she ends up marrying the dude cos I for sure will be MIA on her ass if things don’t work out and she comes running back to me. And if you do get married to the dude- don’t expect me to jump hoops for your wedding. Find someone else to use. I’m not tissue paper that u use and chuck out when done with. I have emotions mehn!!!!!! Lol.
Now I have a friend who is single and has the tendency to relate to you like u’re her bf e.g. wanting to talk 1st thing in the morning, during work, while driving, last thing at nite etc. Well ‘yawl’ know I aint friendly like that, I don’t have time for such nonsense- I nipped that shii in the bud quick quick. Cos I for one CAN NOT and WILL NOT provide any woman with the emotional and communication needs gotten from a man. I do not relate to or communicate with any of my friends in the same manner as I would with a bf. Even though I have never known this friend of mine while in a relationship I KNOW for a fact that she is the clingy type and a typical man wrapper. And she herself admitted that that was how she was in her last relationship- and is making every conscious effort not to repeat that same mistake. My question to all those ladies that have these tendency- where are the men now? Where are they o??!!!!!! Where?!!!! Be following man like duhduhsco. Meanwhile you do not follow God like that. These are the kinda ladies that when single you’ll see them in Church and sometimes become workers. But as soon as they sniff the possibility of having BOYFRIEND (bf wahala!!), they forget God. Man becomes their God. If they can forsake God, then who are you then? Mere human. Of course they will drop their friends.
How often do you guys communicate with your close friends? Me- on an average of about 3days a week. And there have been times when it has been more frequent per week. I’m not a phone person so for me to be on the phone for more than 30mins- that gist must be on FIRE!!! But don’t get me wrong, I do have 1 or 2 friends that I do spend up to an hour or 2 gisting with from time to time.
I don’t even know what I was trying to get at now. I’ve been distracted so many times.
Anyway, I just want someone to tell me or justify why girls behave like this. I’m not gonna front, I’m emotionally attached to my close friends. But why do some girls feel its okay to neglect a friend when in a relationship and then clog up your phone when things aren’t working out? When I say neglect I mean not hear from them for weeks.
Why do women feel slightly envious when things are going well for you? Why is it okay for you to be the first one to find a bobo and not the other way around i.e. Why that slight envy when ur friend gets into a relationship while you’re still single.
Why is there a need to bitch about ur friend behind their back? Why is there that slight glee when things aren’t going right for your friend? Not going right in the areas which things aren’t going well for you – be it relationship, career, business etc
Why can't women learn to be alone??
Why do some transfer all that ‘man affection’ on to a female friend and then set themselves up for disappointment when the female friend gets a man? Of course your female friend is not gonna communicate with you 24/7 when she gets into a relationship. Or why would you transfer that love to a female friend and then suddenly go MIA as soon as a man is on board?
49 comments:
I wonder who's gonna be first. The winner goes to.......
Drumroll......
wots my prize? waiting..patiently.
i'm gonna let blogville ladies handle your questions here...
woo-hoo Quaggar is the winner!! Prize is an invitation to go on a crusie with me for my b.day. As for expenses being paid- that we shall discuss offline.
First time seeing u here. thanks for stopping by! :)
If I wasn't reading I would have been first....
To be honset I really can't say why females are like that. It's sad but in reality we have friends like that.
Thanks for stopping by on my page.
I have to admit, TigEress I was like this once. I learnt the hard way. really we need our friends to satisfy some emotional needs. and they can't be met by the menfolk... LMAO @ duhduhsco
I have really few friends, and they can call me at anytime of th day and I WILL be there.
Oh. One more thing. I don't put anyone in my priority list if they use me as an option. I am intuitive, so if I sense that someone is using me, (and I have had a handfull of those)I shut them out. There's this stewpid heifer I haven't spoken to since 06 for this reason... 'heeeediot' heifer!
M first!!!!!!Yes o just because I had class this evening I missed to claim my spot....you that Tigeress n Tigress...I noticed it too but thought its not my place to say it all...
Invitation accepted...as well as the offline discussion(s). When are we having it?
Nice blog u got, by the way. Really.
Blog twinny mi, i see you have changed to being a silent ninja...I have a friend that was always doing this, every time she had a man then off she went till i had to tell her that I won't be there next time around,she got the message when after she broke up wiv her man none of us wanted to hear what went, cutting her off when she started n now I think she knows the value of her friends...like i said before like any relationship, friendship needs to be worked on as well!!
Tigeressss!u sabi vent sha.dnt tnk im like dat but once had a fal out wit my frnds cos they did
I feel this post!
And i must say i feel blessed that i have very few good friends...and oh btw, i just cut someone off cos she's bringing a lot of rubbish into my life that i don't need!
Hey Lisa, thanks for stopping by as well. Our friends......
Nef Baby- u good luv? "I don't put anyone in my priority list if they use me as an option." I like.
Shona- lol@ twinny mi. Now u've been Yorubarized. dang girl!!
Quagger- tigeress2much@gmail.com. :):)
Miz-cynic. My dear, everybody sabi vent. The question is- who cares to listen.
Writefreak- i too i'm blessed with a few good friends. And just like you- i dont hesitate in X'ing rubbish individuals out of my life. thanks for stopping by. :)
Dam, you are right...your name is TigEress!! lol...will change it asap..
Female friendship like any other friendship is "You get wht you sow" though occasionally you sow corn and get pepper!!!
But I have been very lucky with friends...I somehow always meet the best girls...
of cuz ur TIGERESS..... the one and only....
hmmm ive been thru friends like these, i dumped them asap.... u know im at th point that i really dont think i want more than one or 2 friends cuz women r hard work....
Tigeress my dear how are you? My best friend and I are very emotionally connected and for me the reason I am so close to her I think is lack of sisters in my life and because she has been there for me.
When I do get a man I normally disappear in the first few weeks (honeymoon phase were you cant get enough of each other) after that I discover a routine where I am able to have both my friends and my man and everything else going organised.
However you also have to understand sometimes its the same when either boyfriend or husband comes into a friends life that there WILL be a portion of time taken up by this new character. I think the friend with the man needs to be a good friend and still check on her friends and her friends if real friends can only be happy that where ever their coupled up friend is if not with them that she is happy.
I know what you mean jare. I have a couple of friends like that. But immediately that guy leaves, which they always do by the way, I laugh them in the face before I do anything else. Okay, we hear tigeRess. lol
hmm...even my young self has had such friends..very disgusting set of human beings really and I'm not the one to completely forgive them especially after some do it like twice?? As far as I'm concerned your b.f is more likely to disappoint you than your friends, and when he does and you have ditched my ass, how will i "be there" for you..hiss
sorry bout the long rant jare!
Madam how you be??
Uv been in my thoughts lately, dunno why.
Hope ur good.
As for clingy friends....,i might be guility of that (pshyc!!! lol)
Anyways TIGERESS (see i spelt it right lol)
I shud stop typing now but i just feel like disturbing you.
NOw im singing on your page La lalalala!!!
Now im hopping on one leg around your page hop hop hop tralalala!!!! hophophop!!!
Hope im not being clingy....lmao abeg let me remove my odelicious self.
Have a great day (or wats left of it.)
lol@ Phoenix. sha check out my Aristo blog.
Tigress......lol
TigEress... I feel ur post. I have mates like that ooo. A new girlfriend, they go fashee my side. Forgot that we used to watch premiership matches together...i am nt saying u shuld come all d time, but u cn still come around with ur girl...or a call from time to time..
Clingy friends..my male friends r nt..bt i have some female friends that are. They go just dey burn cable for u when they r nothing...as soon as a new bf shows, they are off...
Well...everybody to ur tent O Isreal...if i notice u r that way...i am Xing u, one time...no dulling!
LOL... I have a good friend who does this as a joke to me!... but more seriously, this is a very irritating concept...I really hate it when people do it! I understand being MIA for "some" friends when you're in a relationship esp if the friends are male or may not be wanted around too much by the other-half. But all this is supposed to fade after a few months. I am a victim of the friends who are in when available and out when taken. The weird part is I've always been taken and I still attend to them...makes no sense. Male and female are as guilty in my case! But whatever, I always tell them I'm here when they are done or tired or have been dumped and I am when the eventually are!
Very nice post Tigeress!
x!
i feel this your post jo..
lol @ Be following man like duhduhsco. Meanwhile you do not follow God like that
abeg ask them o because i don't get it too
hahaha
oto obe tigeress, oto obe
i feel your post jare especially the second paragraph. I have such fair weather "acquaintance"
Hmmm..so this condition is true...some of my friends including very close ones vanish before my eyes as soon as a man arrives on their doorstep. I feel like billy no mates at the moment seeing that i am one of the few single ones within the group :(
This is the point where I need to tell Dante to do sometin sharpish..
Cos.. no pun intended but only single women make this kind of assertions..
I, Roc, put it to you, Tigeress, by the power vested in me.. that you would do the exact same thing, if the shoe was on the other foot..
YEAH I SAID IT!!
great post and great points..
I've had friends like that and prolly still have some. I too was like that at one time, but the man ended up being my husband. Not like that anymore. Regardless of that, I was always there for them if they needed me.I am now better at keeping in touch! >Thanks for sharing
Roc if in the past i havent behaved in such manner, then i very much doubt that i will now. As i said, i dont see the correlation between being in a relationship and not communicating with ur friends. Dude isnt gonna be on top of me 24/7, so........
lol @ Quaggar ....isnt it nice to have friends!?
Okay tigerEsssssssssssssss lol
Your post confirms a fear i have been nursing for a while now.............man-wrapper friends.it's even a bit easier for me to deal with them cos i have my own man as well but the dissapearing act that comes with a toaster doesnt have part2 and d appearing act dat comes with the premature finding out he's in a relationship of 5years abi seeing weddin IV in the backseat doesnt have part3.
Anyway,i try to console myself maybe i have a really terrible weakness they are condoning too cos the ish can be really annoying
@ Roc...i am most def gon do something sharpish..then i will blow her mind away with an unearthly kinda loving.........
Then she will forget her friends....albeit temporarily...cos they will be my friends too...but Roc and i will now write a post on how tigeress forgot her friends..and even forgot to update her blog....lol
@ tigeress...shuld i do something sharpish? Wink** wink*
Very funny post , though on a serious matter.
The question you asked towards the end "Why can't women learn to be alone?" That's one question that has been bothering me lately. I for one cherish my singility, not like i'm anti-man, but when i talk to my friends who r boyfriendless and hear the desperation, i just get confused ans sad for them.
I think being single is a gift by itself. And should be a time for introspection, finding and learning more about yourself, so that when a man comes along, you know what you want and do not settle for any less.
Just my own two kobo.
Afrobabe- u reckon u get what u sow? I beg to differ. But u are truely blessed that u do not have flimsy friends like this.
Hey Funms! Nice to have u back. u back? Right now, the way i communicate with my friends- wont make a difference if they found man or not.
Hey Kookie i'm good. Howz Australia? Are u guys feeling the crunch too?
So where do u disappear too when u start a relationship? U know what? maybe the guys i've been dating havent been so great afterall- hence my reason for not disappearing. I even talk to my friends on the phone when i have company- just maybe not as long as i'd usually do.
And of course when u do get married things change? My best friend who's doing her residency/has baby/has husband doesnt seem different to me. then again even when she was single we were never the type of friends that communicated 24/7. She even reaches out to me more.
Bibi- I have a friend like that and to be honest- with all my mouth- i still listen to her shii after things end.
Tay-mee thanks for stopping by. Its always the ones that have bf that misbehave. Married ones are better. I get those with bf's are trying hard to become wife? lol!
Phoenix a.k.a. Padosh. u thot of me? aaaaawwwww... how sweet. :) Nice to know u're good.
Dante, guys are like that? v. interesting. Wld u call that love or good sex? lol!! I do understand the football nite frequency will reduce but not come to a complete hault.
Bob-ij my male friend will still hear from me. cos they can give me a better perspective than my female friend. But if u're refering to admirers- then of course u have to cut them off.
BSNC- greatest mistake a woman can ever make. Put man before God and u're sure destined for failure.
Naijagirl i call such friends flakey friends. they are like leaves that blow away with the wind.
Wordmearchant- i'll be ur friend. :) One thing i like about the ladies in my Chicago Church is that they all hang out- the married and single. At least those that are friends and dont feel becos they're married they are above all. lol!!
Roc- hissssssssssss!!! This ur viciousness towards me lately i do not understand. Do u fancy me?
Adaeze- my point exactly. Married women tend to be more sensible.
Oyin- i dont get? u friends with Quaggar? Anyway thanks for stopping by- i appreciate. :)
Qmoney- i think i'm more irritated with the retarded way they behave around man than them going MIA on me. It's the desperation that irks me. Na man wey dey chase woman. Me i get weakness- i wont front. I'm too blunt and not very patient or tolerant to stupidity.
Dante baby- u had better do something sharp sharp before i head to Naija to see u. lol!
Mizchif- no one likes to be single. But if u are- ko si big deal. ki ni big deal? my arguement- u're not the only jare so get over it. as i mentioned in my meme- if not for Christianity i'll not get married- i'll just have a partner. My inherent need for husband is to drop babies. biological clock is ticking. tick tuck tick tuck
Sometimes people are caught up in the newness of love and have less time to spend with their friends. I don't understand going completely MIA though since most friendships outlast the romance.
not that I'm making excuses on their behalf, but I guess some women feel the need to put in that extra time and effort to make their relationships work, thereby unconsciously(or consciously for some) neglecting their friends.
I'm no way endorsing it tho..
Ok..i know im culprit nymba 1.....lol....comin back to read your post..wait for me oo..before you put another up...lol
I completely agree with you on this. I have a few galfriend who are like this. And is always so sick that you are the fall back friend.
Don't get me wrong,friends are suppose to be someone you can run to any day..any time..but not when you abandone me for a guy, enjoyed yourself when the going is good, then start running to me when he ditch her sorry a$$. 9ice one as usual sis..
And lol @ I’m not tissue paper that u use and chuck out when done with. I have emotions mehn!!!!!!
i dont have a lot of female friends cuz i hate the drama involved
hahahahaha...I love your sense of humour!!
All of them girls, they know me very well here! I'm even that much of a friend person, so if i even managed to be friends with you and you dump me for some flimsy bf, Then ur own don better be that! Yes! It shud be hunnies before hommies mhn!
Okay but on the reals, i get where you're coming from, and the funny thing is that these babes don't ever change! Being subjected to someone dat u're not even married to, a mere bf, and u're making such a big deal out of it. i kukuma like myslf, wen al dat rubbish starts, i just detach. Pple tend to take it as me being jealous but i'm really couldn't care less.
Y babes bitch? Its either deep down, u dont like the friend or u have some jealousy hidden for her (even tho i dont see y).
And please, we should encourage women to learn to be alone oh. Its very necessary. Like the very words of madea, "If you don't know how to be by yourself, what u gonna do with somebody else?"
Typical how their relationships end up in shatters.
Too Much yarns. Im sorry. lol
the point where friends clash for me is going to the movies. my policy is whoever asks me first gets to see the movie wth me. if my friends ask first, then Mr will have to see another movie, TOTALLY NO SHENKING MY FRIENDS FOR THE MR.
even though some of my close friends have that tendency, the rest of us WILL call them out!
TigE-baby
Tis simple.
None of us was created to be alone.
I quote the Holy Writ...
"It is NOT good for man to be alone"
Those of us who are (by choice or condition) are the aberrations. Something in us all just wants to connect.
I have nights I just wanna cuddle a female...nothing else. Just cuddle, till morn. Doesnt always happen tho...*sigh
Never experienced this. I do have friends though who conc on dir men in d beginning beginning wen love dey chak. Den afterwards, wen things normalize, we continue our regular yarning ways. Hell, i did that. Wen i newly got engaged, most of my buddy buddies got pissed wit me,but now they all have their own men & we've found a common ground. Unfortunately, a man does turn a woman's life upside down. As we do theirs. Still, being clingy,wit a dude or babe,is so unattractive
T-I-G-E-R-E-S-S!!!
only u mehn! ur last post cracked me up no end.
Me oh, i don't even keep that many freinds to care whether or not u shenk me for man, na u sabi.
BUT, my closest friend has done it, it hurt me, then i did it ryt back and she didnt like it either. so now we are even. lol
i think it's hard though, to maintain a balance sometimes, especially if the guy is the possessive sort (Olohun maje). I ususally introduce my man to my circle (and vice versa), we all hang out and stuff and everyone's happy. OR NOT...lol
Post a Comment