Written 2001, Modified 20:40 22nd March 2004
I close my eyes
And thoughts of you rush through my head
I feel your touch
I feel the warmth of your breath
I feel the way gaze at me lovingly
The way you hold me
The way you whisper my name when we…
I feel your embrace when I’m down
I hear your words of encouragement
I see the way your eyes light up when you see me
The way you kiss my tears away……….your kisses…………
So soft, gentle, sweet and reassuring…brings a smile to my face
My whole life and entire being
Knows nothing but to love you
Cherish you, and adore you
I love you with all my strength, my heart
My soul, my mind, and body
With you in my life
I am a complete being
You fill me with joy, happiness and love
And I thank the Lord I found you.
Blogsville, is this how love feels? If not, how does it feel? Better still, what is love?
17 comments:
I can't answer that question o, I refuse to think about love right now. In fact, when it started becoming too lovey dovey, I started thinking about God and I was reading it to God. You should have seen my relief when I saw that the poem was written for the Lord. (Amen, sister)
I want to respond but I can't bring myself to. I refuse to think about love by force. I'll come back when I fall in love again.
lol! My bad, it wasn't written for the Lord...it said i thank the Lord i found u...
You scared of love, Invinsible? Common, tell us what u think about love.
Yeah, that's love alright! New love, reignited love, long lasting, getting old kinda love! Love! Love!
Jaycee
LMAO at myself. I've been skipping words a lot lately o.
Oh, I dedicate it to the Lord then.
Me, scared of love ke. Lai lai. I'm just not in that phase and I'm not in tune with anything that has to with it.
I'll come back, not today. Let everybody talk first, then I'll come back and preach. lol
am not sure. used to think i had fallen in luv with someone until i got over him so fast wen he hurt me, dt i actually wondered if it was truly love...
maybe just strong infatuation + lust!
If your poem describes wat love truly is, den i musn't have been in love.
Aahhh pls come are we related?
lol!!!
cos a few minutes ago truthfully before reading your blog..i was putting up a post on a quote about love not dying a natural death...
uhmmm
Well must say that's love alrite.
abeg oh. That kain question na long tory! Since I am prone to leaving very long comments, I will have to say love is lovely!!!
=)
NIGERIAN CURIOSITY
IT WAS SO MUCH EASIER WHEN I ONLY HAD ONE...
to tell u the truth..i no even know anymore!!!
Strange thing is although you cant really define 'love' you will recognise it when you feel it !!!!
Whatever love is I hope it feels even a little bit like what you wrote otherwise I am screwed...lol
The poem tells tells me how unadulterated EROS love is...
Wow...nice one...
Yep, love is definitely close to what u wrote..enjoyed it btw!
Love, to me, is just this wonderful, unadultrated feelin of acceptance n belongin..with love, i feel like i can accomplish anythin..without love, i feel empty..
Love is the irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired.
-Robert Frost
Find a guy who calls you beautiful instead of hot, who calls you back when you hang up on him, who will lie under the stars and listen to your heartbeat, or will stay awake just to watch you sleep...
...Wait for the guy who kisses your forehead, who wants to show you off to the world when you are in sweats, who holds your hand in front of his friends, who thinks you're just as pretty without makeup on. One who is constantly reminding you of how much he cares and how lucky his is to have you.... The one who turns to his friends and says, 'that's her.'”
When you've found that man, you've found love...and a whole lot more
thanks guys for ur comments- i've been off blog for a minute.
I can only hope as indivuals- we all find true love.
hace! this gurl shey u no wan update again??????!!!!!
Ex-schoolnerd....is that what everybody calls you? anyway, whassup? Its not that i dont want to post anything- i have nothing to say plus this credit crunch is making me have a panic attack. People are getting laid off like dead flies. God dey sha. Anyway, i figured since i have nothing to say, i might as well shut the hell up n'it?
As for this love thing.....me sef i no know. I've only been in love once- i was like 18/19 back- thats like bloody 10/11 years ago. The kinda love u experience when at that age is totally different and to be honest i dont think i have the ability to love like that again. Then it was pure, true, unconditional, no ulterior or interior motive, one wasn't cynical, one hadn't experienced heart aches etc. I can still love, but it'll be different- i think.
Post a Comment