Saturday, July 17, 2010

I survived

Yes I have survived and will continue to do so.......

I’ve come to realize that people who do not face immigration (working permit) issues can never fully comprehend the gravity of it and the burden it puts on you. They can only try; and some do have an idea- some more than others. To someone like me (an immigrant), non-immigrants may appear clueless (which they tend to be) and sometimes rather insensitive (or obnoxious). With a tone of intolerance and irritation some attempt to encourage you but because they can not understand (or maybe refuse to) that tone sips through. Silently you hear, “get over it”, “what’s the big deal?”, “look for work harder”, “suck it up”, “go out and have fun and do things” (pardon my language but how fucking retarded can that be??!!!! How the hell am I suppose to have fun when to look out the window is a chore. lol- pardon my venting), “try and take your mind of it”, or “God will do it”. Yeh God will do it, but when you have no income coming in whatsoever and the mortgage and bills keep rolling in- it’s a tad hard to take your mind off it.

I remember the days I could not get out of bed nor could/would I eat if no food was not offered to me. March and April 2010 are months I will never forget and yet I actively try to erase from my memory. With determination I struggle to suppress those memories as they fiercely pierce my heart with excruciating pain. The pain still lingers. I do admit that other than my H1B/job matter, there were other personal ‘issues’ that added to my turmoil- like pouring gasoline into an already burning house.

March 2010: At Worlds End. April 2010: Dead woman walking.

I’ve always prided myself in my strength but this trying period that same strength was put to the test, turn apart, and humbled. I felt ashamed at the loss of strength; but in recent months I have spoken to men who have been in my shoes and felt broken. So norring do me.

As I’ve come to terms with some of my fears, I have managed to move on and embrace where I am. Patience is a virtue. As I’ve always said and STILL maintain- I’m a hustler to the core. Amidst trials and tribulations, I consistently come out STRONG and as a survivor. Favour is on my side- guaranteed! 7months and still counting, but that’s gonna come to an end one day. When? How? I do not know. But I have survived and will continue to do so.

I’m going ‘home’ to rest.

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep surviving....

AliceDCL said...

i cannot say i know what ur going thru
i cannot even begin to imagine
i just want to give u a hug
one day the trials would end
and u would lift ur head above the cloud
and smile

TayneMent said...

Don't want to say anything cliche but hang in there and it'll sort itself out in God's way.

Bespoke PM said...

my dear reading your story just reminded me of my own trials and tribulation come august 2006. Mine lasted a year and a half. I died and rose. Like you I had mortgage bills, bills, bills and more bills. My whole world came crashing down but God saw me through. I can't say I've fully recovered especially financially but I'm here to testify of his goodness. He did it for me and he'll do it for you. Just wait trust and keep waiting

Jennifer A. said...

This too shall pass...it always does. You're a strong person, glad to know you won't give up.

Kunta said...

They say what does not kill one can only make one stronger. Just like the storm... it'll pass.

:)... Kunta

Myne said...

All the best dear, sorry to parrot some 'ignorant' sympathizers but...

leggy said...

what doesnt break you, only teaches you and makes you stronger.

~Sirius~ said...

Hey!!!

Welcome home.....There is NO PLACE like home. I'm sure you've heard that a million times.

I can assure you, home is exactly what you need to give you the strength to keep on pushing.

Not to worry girl.

You will survive

rex said...

hi! it definitely cannot be easy being @ your wit's end and seemingly stuck without a way of escape. it probably feels worse being in far away US with such challenges. things are pretty rough even here in Naija BUT have you considered coming back home? you probably have some good qualifications and HARD THOUGH it is here, at least your bills reduce in number. just a tot

The Girl with the Red Hair said...

keep surving...will keep you in my prayers

Anonymous said...

i guess am more than a little perplexed by this post, not having the background info. still, i know u shall keep surviving. life is really tough - i too am struggling not to crumble under it (in a different circumstances as urs, of couse). God dey. keep ur chin up. e go better

histreasure said...

you know what they say, girl, when it rains , it pours but no matter how ling the storm lasts, it surely will end..

hang in there and hold onto that strength and hope that keeps you going cos this too shall end..

((((((hugs)))))))

bArOquE said...

i may (or may not) understand what these trials & tribulations are but i'll say, kee surviving...do yourself a favour, make sure you come out of this stronger than you ever were

*big warm hug*

Blessing said...

As the saying goes, "Tough times don't last long, tough people do."

God will never give you more then you can bare, keep ur head up!

LucidLilith said...

I don't hear venting. I hear a fighter not ready to put down her gloves.

Sisi Yemmie said...

You are going to pull thru, just hang in there :)

TRYBES said...

Thats the attitude gurl..Strength and positivity..You will prevail!

Anonymous said...

Pele...enjoy your time at home. I hope you come back refreshed and even more determined.

Unknown said...

I believe that the worst times for you are over..
You'd be fine..
Keep on living..

Anonymous said...

Favor is definitely on ur side and you will survive...this test shall soon become a testimony...

Olufunke said...

Thank God for how you've been going on the past months.
This time would pass, you would look back and it would not feel so bad.

Cheers

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

persevere, sis...

NoLimit said...

You're stronger than you think...You're a survivor to the core.
Please chin up...the Lord will perfect all that concerns you.

LusciousRon said...

Not to sound like a broken record, this too shall pass.

Anonymous said...

'Home' always welcome with open hands.....