NOT!!!
St. Valentines Day is an annual holiday held on February 14 celebrating love and affection between intimate companions. The holiday is named after one or more early Christian martyrs named Valentine and was established by Pope Gelasius I in 496 AD. It is traditionally a day on which lovers express their love for each other by presenting flowers, offering confectionery, and sending greeting cards.
Valentines! Valentines!! Valentines!!! AARRRGGGHHHH! Its bloody everywhere. I’m watching the news first thing in the morning and WTH??? They are talking about Valentines Day. All the TV shows this week gon sef have been about Vals Day.
So yes I’m irked! Kilode? Se those that are single should go and jump inside Thames/Hudson/Michigan/Lagoon? Ok maybe irked is a bit of an exaggeration. But I can imagine how those that just came out of a relationship feel or those who have spouses and are not given a treat feel or those that are into Vals but their bf/gf/spouse is anti-Vals. Funny thing is last year as a single person I don’t recall being aware of Valentines as much as I am this year. I can’t avoid it- it’s everywhere!!!! I’m about to SCREAM!!! LOL!!!
For those that wish they had someone special to spend their Vals day with- hopefully next year will be better. Take my footsteps- I am going to watch the Valentines movie (http://www.valentinesdaymovie.com/) during the day tomorrow, come back home and make me some nice delicious grilled fish. For those who are spending the day with a special someone- enjoy! For those who do have a special someone but are anti Vals- please put your anti-ness aside and make your ‘lover’ happy. Check out http://www.proflowers.com/ or http://www.1800flowers.com/.
For me I had hoped and secretly prayed for my tall dark slim Ruby to be delivered at my door step (GOSH that wld have been soooooo nice, but maybe it's good I didn't get my wishes cause I sure would have fornicated with all the thoughts that has been swimming in my head lately) but instead I’ve had red roses and a big teddy bear. I await the rest……. :):):):)
Happy Valentines Day (Weekend) my people.
25 comments:
Except one of my toasters surprises me, I'll be happily celebrating Single's Awareness Day with my blanket in this cold ;) e go betta! Hope you and your BooBoo have a great weekend!
Kilishi-D u r FIRST!!! lol!
BooBoo ke? I am spending this weekend alone. In fact i am actually taking myself out to the cinema.
yea i read about the origins of of v-day somewhere cant remember...but LWKMD!!! this post is funny...im going to be in church at my brothers school for vday..nothin special!! try n enjoy it sha
Lol @ ur post! Have a Happy V Day!!! I'm one of those ppl dat just got outta a relationship, so dis v day will be "interesting" to say the least. But I'll be at church so we'll see how the rest of the day goes!!!
Have a great wkend and enjoy ur movie!
Have a happy valentine's day. I will be roasting myself too but it's all good. I also want to see that movie.
ARGHHHHH VALENTINES DAY! I GOT NO PLANS WATSOEVA TILL DAT DAY. BT 1 THING IS 4 SURE, I TRUST MYSLF TO SLEEP 4 MOST PART OF MY DAY. HAPI VALS
i know right. i feel like this year is extra tough on singletons. anyway. peace...
happy valentines sweety.....and i mean it.
happy valentine's day dearie..have u have a hawt day..i plan to
Not one who celebrates val, but am going to enjoy tomorrow with single friends like me.
Happy valentine's day in advance dear!
Have fun!
No val for me.. nice suggestions you've got.. i need an advice, do me a favour and go to my place and help me out , really ,thanks..
www.askchacha4free.blogspot.com
Happy vals day hon...
I am spending mine with my ex...yes, the same one who's ring I returned!!
@Afrobabe *ears perked up* say whaa?
lol Happy vals day babes...not actually there is nothing happy about it..sha enjoy ur movie!
lol
Have a great weekend still and maybe the Valentine will surprise you. LOL.
Happy Valentine's day babe. Enjoy x
Happy Valentine's Day, Tigeress!
I want to know what you think of the movie. I hope it's as good as Love Actually was.
Afro nne m, u try o. wetin u wan do d bobo eh? remind him of what he can't have???
happy vals, tigeress. MM doesn't believe n val, so i'll b sulking most of today. lol
Wev raosters plenty o! I won't be moping around the house sha. Out for fun! Happy Val's.
Afro- with you ex? Hmmn Waiting ofr gist o
Hey have urself a good one..
So i am not the only singleton lurking around the corner? Hallelu! i was beginning to feel odd!
We shld soo have an I HATE VDAY party...lol.
Just live today like any other day. atleast it is on a sunday so less people get to rub it in my place....mscheww!
p.s. this is no RANT! LOL
lATZ
lol
hope u had fun yesterday
was dmovie great will be going to see it today
2afrobabe what????
jist quickly update please
my sister......ive missed u!!!!!!!
ehn Afrobabe, off to email u!
as per Vals day, spent mine at work o. but i wasnt too sad....
V-day is over-rated. Every day should be v-day.
Hey!
I saw that movies yesterday, star studded,
couldn't wrap my head around it as i hadn't even heard of the movie before yesterday.
@Afrobabe...Lawd Have Mercy!
I hope your vals day was ok.
Post a Comment