“….have you ever experienced love that exceeds all imagination and defies understanding, love that surpasses time and prevails over trials, tribulations and adversities.” – Madrigal, Jumoke Hill
I read the above sentence on the first page of a book I started reading today. And my answer is no, I have not experienced such love. I could no longer ignore my questions/thoughts/doubts about love. After spending over three decades on earth- the only love I’m sure about is the love of God and the love I have for my family (kinda). When it comes to love for a partner- I have no idea what that is.
I’ve come to realize that each person has their own definition of love; and each express it differently. A single person’s perception of love is totally different to the love married folks actually experience. The love a 5 year old marriage experience is totally different to the kinda love a married couple of 20 years will express or talk about. But ultimately we all have different perceptions. What works for you may not work me. Two people who (decide to) fall in love I guess have to learn how their partner loves and make up their mind to continue to love no matter what?? I dunno. All I wonder is that- those that claim to be madly in love when they commit to each other- what could possibly go wrong for them to hate each other. Does love really sustain a relationship? For me- I think friendship, communication, compromise, and prayer are the core basics of a successful relationship.
When it comes to love for a partner- I have no idea what that is anymore. All I know/see around me is that love is a beautiful thing when it’s good, but hurts like hell during the rough patches or when it ends.
My conclusion? I DO NOT LIKE LOVE!!
25 comments:
No you don't like love...you LOVE LOVE!:-)
I think that falling in "love" is the easy part...it's staying in love that takes work...and all the things that you mentioned such as communication, friendship, prayer..is crucial to stay in love...
Then again...love is a highly misused love...so just like ex person is diff...ppl view love differently
i am with blowing blessings your way
i guess the works is in staying in love
i have experienced love with partners
i know its a great feeling
u feel like u are never alone in anything
but it hurts when ur dissapointed
the key is too love sum1 for their good and bad cos noone is perfect u cannot choose a side of sum1 to love u av to take them with all they come with....
am sure ur love is coming
toe curling heart pumping love
yeah, me too..i co-sign blowing blessings your way...when you fall in love, u get to sstand upright and work hard at staying in love..and when two minds are really set on it, u will stay in love 4eva
Honestly, i have never experienced Love like people describe it...well im hoping maybe one day i will...like u said, people love differently....i do not know a definition for love.....
Love starts with hotness..and often ends in coldness. One should strive for a middle ground. It's not that you do not like love..more like love hasn't made the greatest impression on you just yet. Just a thought..
Yes you do!
Love is patient, Kind, Bears no.......you know the rest.
that's real Love.
All the butterflies and cloud 9 things are just feelings.
So.
In conclusion.. Love is a beautiful thing...
Imagine how God feels when we claim we love him and we still do all the wrong things..
He loves anyways..and He loves to love us
All I know is the thing is so damn difficult, it can scatter your head. But when it works, it works well.
Don't give up on it yet.....
I'm with Sirius on this.
The only thing which should be called love is the patient and kind thing that is not selfish e.t.c
damn right, Sirius! u nailed my sentiments exactly
Hmm...this love matter sef.
All I know is that love is a beautiful thing, if you find it and even more beautiful if it's with the right partner.
I have loved before and although I am not with that guy anymore, it was bliss while it lasted. Yes it ended quite harshly, but love saw me through the hurt and I was able to forgive him and now I can count him as one of my friends.
co-signing Sirius...yes you might not like love..but you love love!! Love is realistic beyond the flutters in the tummy which happens in movies...love is great and my dear you do like scratch that you love love!!
As Blessing said, staying in love is the difficult part and your opinion on friendship and commitment sustaining a relationship is right on!
Love some, communicate and be tolerant thats a good recipe I think. Do not give up on love. Cupid is somewhere around the corner
Damn right i am cosigning sirius.
i must confess, Love cld be a biatch sometimes, i mean, putting others b4 u, saying someone else's name more than u do urs (n my name is quite beautiful i must add), thinking abt the person in question every waking n sleeping minute... u begin to wonder where ur life went...
But,
Love is a beautiful thing. IT isn't suppose to be selfish, but kind, all that good stuff...
We may say we dn't like love, but we do LOVE love (yup when it comes ur way, u will)
i'm out!
If you truly love with your whole heart, the it's not always going to feel good, But don't you think that the best times make the bad times worth it? You are right when you say that it's different for every person, but one thing is always the same and that is that it's not a walk in the park.
Love is what it is. With the good, bad and down right ugly!
I love love love, but you're right. Different strokes for different folks.
I like love, it keeps the world going. I think the most important thing for a relationship is communication, love and understanding.
love.. is hard work.. period
Bagucci remixed-- "[staying in] love...is hard work...period!!"
I've never been in love either, and I find that frightening because I'm always worried that at my age I'll mistake an emotion that isn't true love for love, and make decisions I regret as a result. I wish I had crossed this hurdle sooner!
Babes, what happened to your post from y.day? Anyhus...
On this topic of love, I think that while the human definition of love varies depending on who you ask, we all just need to go back to the good book to re-align our definition of love. And true, my expression of love may differ from that of the Mister, but in the end, resolving to do all those other things that you mention helps love stand on solid ground.
I'm rational right now, but ask me again when I feel like strangling the Mister :-D. I don't think it's love that tosses us up and down the roller coaster (and I speak for myself here) it's our definition of love that does that. ;-)
Hi
Yes i have.
I was nothing till i found love.
The love of God
i know you probably live in the real world
But i don't want to live in your world
and the LOVE of God does change you
Maybe you will find it sometime.
Post a Comment