Good Naija Girl’s (GNG) recent post- GNG plays semi matchmaker definitely caught my attention and I reckon you should all check it out and forward to people- especially single men looking for a long term relationship. I can testify that a couple I introduced to each other got married this past summer.
GNG- I think this is a fantastic idea. Keep it up and thumbs up to you.
But the main koko of my post is the basic requirements of the men GNG mentioned in her post. These are men who have contacted her seeking a good Nigerian girl to date/marry. Single ladies- A GOOD Naija girl o!!! You see, this peeked my interest. Are these ‘good’ guys seeking ‘good’ girls? But most especially I was hoping you guys can help me define a good girl vs a bad girl for those that are still single and waiting/searching. So yeh, what is an example of a good girl? What is an example of a bad girl? And do bad girls only deserve bad guys? Lol!! And can good people turn bad or bad people turn good?
Oya my people, please make this interesting! And please be brutally honest- if need be. Cos i know it's human nature to feel there are certain people who no deserve good things in life. I know of a 31 yr old Muslim virgin girl who feels it's not fair that she's still single while girls who were promiscious while in uni are happily married with kids. I mean, I kinda see her point........ok thats a lie- i don't see it. But is she justified for feeling this way?
p.s. re my last post. Azazel- i understand that u might be new here but please don't bitch about another blogger on my post- especially if i'm not. thanks! Writefreak- my apologies for that me dear!
19 comments:
lol.well, when i was in nigeria my dad used to tell us that a good girl is someone who treats others with love and kindness, who understands the fact that not everyone will like her and accept and love the ones who do love her.
typically someone who strives to be good.
my dad didnt mention sex, so i guess this includes virgins and non virgins.
and i understand that girl's pain..lol.she shouldnt be bitter and enjoy her life,i think when you smile at life, life throws you a package.
As I've grown older, I am more inclined to see the gray areas in every picture. I used to think there were good people and there were bad people. Now, I believe every good boy/girl has the capacity to be bad, and vice versa.
Can good people become bad? Most definitely. It's very easy to slip and be bad. I doesn't require a lot of effort. Can a bad person be good? Absolutely!altho that one, na God fit do am.
Do bad people deserve each other? IDK. I think there should be some balance in every relationship. (There is a part of me that wishes all the bad people would end uptogether tho)
About the muslim chic, emi o mo fun o. Abi wetin pessin go tok?
Oh I realized I never did answer the 'requirements' question. Honestly, it would depend on the person looking. In my opinion (I said MY opinion o! ehen lol, tori...) a good girl is one that has class, education, a good head on her shoulders, full of common sense, street smart, as well as academis smarts. Knows God, or at least has a relationship with him. Knows when to be quiet and when to speak up. Basically, someone u can take home to mama. But what do I know? lol
When I first came up with the name of "good naija girl", for my blog, I was poking fun at myself. I'm considered a good girl, but to me, good doesn't mean perfect and I personally believe that with few exceptions, everyone has some good in them.
So rather than give a definition of what makes a person good or not, I'd say generally that a good person (disclaimer: Christian perspective is what I'm sharing oo) is one who tries to live their life in a way that honours God. You try to follow the 12 Commandments, which means you try to keep things like infidelity, lies, abuse and disrespectful acts out of your relationships. You try to be honest and kind to others, and treat people the way you want to be treated. Of course you will make mistakes but at least you will recognize them as such, and try to do better.
With that basic core you really can't go wrong. Next you have to find someone who has the personality traits and physical features that appeal to you before you find someone who's right for you.
Azazel = Controversy
Controversy = Azazel..
Same person, different name..
Tigeress u should blog more often, and you don't write stories no more?
Anyhoo, about the write freak thing, me I didn't even know what u were referrin to. Had to go back to see what crime I had been accused of. So ur saying that I "bitched" about writefreak by accusing her of being a hypocrite? Lol that's not bitching nah, I was simply saying she's a hypocrite.
I mean i don't even consider that as an abuse, lol am a hypocrite also. Now if i had called her a bitch, now that would have been wrong.
But if miss Write freak is catching feelings on blogsville, i offer my humblest apologies..
I think it's a two-edged sword. I really can't define good or bad though! Unfortunately!
I'm going to think and come back when I can... haha!
x!
Hmmm the guy that is looking for a good girl...r we sure he's not looking for a doormat? And I mean that in the nicest way but I'm sick of all these yoruba men requesting a 'good girl' when all they want is a mumu. I think that being good girl requires having a good heart. Like the muslim virgin who is complaining, I don't think she's a good girl because someone with a clean heart wants everyone to do well and doesn't judge. Also is she a virgin because she thinks that's the way to get ahead or because of the goodness of her heart? Let God judge us all abeg.
Goodness is in the eyes of the beholder...
Or is that beauty?
We all have our good and bad qualities. And many a good girl have been known to go bad.
Now what that means, is the question?
Cld be rebellious, wayward, slutty, ashawo-ry ( that equals slutty right? let's just keep it there), a drunk, drug addict ( is that considered bad?) PLAYBOY!, those guys that have sugar mommys (what r they call again, i forget), a jailbird :), if u can charm the stars off the sky = BAD!
Just go listen to MJ's BAD!
i dunno, ran out of ideas....
i'm out :)
Is there a good and a bad? One man's meat is another's meatpie. We rub up different people in different ways and what works for one may not be good for the other. I would tell the 'good' muslim girl to keep living her life and see how the chips fall.
@GNG I did not realize there were 12 commandments o!:)
There is no one that is good no not one- not my words, was said by Jesus when someone called him good teacher i think!. The definition of good is complex and is mostly used as a justification of right living or character.
At the end of the day the most important thing is what God decides about you not what any man thinks! That is the koko of the oro!
Ah babe,i heart you on this post o..so much.it reminds me of my hubs aunt who told him that she would've liked one babe like that for church for him cos she likes the way she behaves...
we wey sabi de babe we were like huh? dis na babe wey de hold hin bobo for shirt infact tear him clothe sef de hala am wen small argument de n 4 her paapa house o.
but me, when you see me u fit think this one hin eye don tear finish,i no enter her eye as per i be bad girl..lmao
well,sometimes i even hear stuff about myself that i'm like is that me? and he'll laff and say 'if i didnt know you for myself i wouldn't know what to think..
forgive my epistle,i guess i'm just trying to say that much of life is perception and not actually what 'is'.
A good or bad girl is defined my how mush she has sen in life an whether "her eye don open"
Bad girls are said to end up with the good guys cus after "rocking" life, they tend to calm down and settle with the ones (good guys) they shunned earlier on.
Nowadays, no guy wants to marry a virgin or someone they will need to do orientation program for. Really. So, the bad girls are more attractive to them.
Does this make sense?
FIRST!!!!!..lol!!!
I remember i once did a post where a Naija guy had defined a 'good girl' i told him to stop smoking flowers yes flowers coz the ooohwee makes u high but flowers you go crazy..ok i digress..good/bad is relative and I wont even define them because it borders on being a hypocrit or judgemental. Deception also needs to be mentioned because folks can front to fit into the 'good' category...
Good or bad everyone deserves a chance at being with some-one..mutual respect, communication and feenings are much more important than the whole overrated good/bad boy/girl....hmmm am i making sense @ all?its lack of sleep o..lol
OMG!!! I think I know where this is headed...lol
Hmmn..lemme see.. yes..the guys seeking good naija chics may not always be 'good' but.. dey deserve 2 b happy and if good girls make dem happy den...
Good girl as defined by Naija parents and men [at least back in the day]- Homely, respectful, doesn't sleep around or at all, is studious ie faces her studies regardless of whether she is an A student or not lol, doesn't smoke, doesn't drink, doesn't party [much or at all], goes to church [genuinely or eye service], doesn't hang around too many men, dresses conservatively....what am i missing?? LOL
I'm with Chayoma on this one--"Goodness is in the eye of the beholder." Everyone wants 'good' with just a touch of 'bad'...whatever that means.
@olaoluwatomi
lol at me referring to 12 commandments! Thanks for the catch, I meant 10 Commandments, of course!
well u have talked abi. lemme talk o............ ma so called good fiancee, ehn, i caught her gobbling anoda man's thing..... so werin i go do now. she's begging to be forgiven but am so burnt. can i forgive her?
I'm with those here who say good is defined by the person who is seeking goodness. But, generally, a good person cares about others and tries to do what is right. I certainly hope she can be immune to turning bad if the one she chooses to live her life with turns out to be a wolf in sheep's clothing, as did my husband. All this good girl gone bad ever wanted was someone to love me, and be committed to me only, but you know how that turned out!
Love what you're doing here!!
Thanks for your meaningful comments on my site Tigress! and supporting on the publication of my book!
It's all smoke and mirrors, what one perceives to be good or bad. Humans are complex beings so there is no black or white answer. So maybe GNG's post should be that the men are looking for 'Nigerian girls', and then any extras they can take it from there.
Post a Comment