Continuation of my prior blog Golden rules for finding your life partner Pt.1
This is something that was forwarded to me.
Another perspective....
There are some people in your life that need to be loved from a distance....
It's amazing what you can accomplish when you let go of or at least minimize your time with draining, negative, incompatible, not-going anywhere relationships. Observe the relationships around you.
Pay attention....Which ones lift and which ones lean? Which ones encourage and which ones discourage? Which ones are on a path of growth uphill and which ones are going downhill? When you leave certain people do you feel better or feel worse? Which ones always have drama or don't really understand, know, or appreciate you?
The more you seek quality, respect, growth, peace of mind, love and truth around you...the easier it will become for you to decide who gets to sit in the front row and who should be moved to the balcony of your life.
An African proverb states, "Before you get married, keep both eyes open, and after you marry, close one eye". Before you get involved and make a commitment to someone, don't let lust, pity, desperation, immaturity, ignorance, pressure from others or a low self-esteem make you blind to warning signs. Keep your eyes open, and don't fool yourself that you can change someone or that what you see as faults aren't really that important.
Do you bring out the best in each other? Do you compliment and compromise with each other, or do you compete, compare and control? What do you bring to the relationship? Do you bring past relationships, past hurt, past mistrust, past pain?
You can't take someone to the altar to alter them. You can't make someone love you or make someone stay.
If you develop self-esteem, spiritual discernment, and "a life"; you won't find yourself making someone else responsible for your happiness or responsible for your pain. Seeking status, sex, and security are the wrong reasons to be in a relationship.
WHAT KEEPS A RELATIONSHIP STRONG ARE:
1. TRUST
2. COMMUNICATION
3. INTIMACY
4. A SENSE OF HUMOR
5. SHARING TASKS
6. SOME GETAWAY TIME WITHOUT BUSINESS OR CHILDREN
7. DAILY EXCHANGES (meal, shared activity, hug, call, touch, notes)
8. SHARING COMMON GOALS AND INTERESTS
9. GIVING EACH OTHER SPACE TO GROW WITHOUT FEELING INSECURE
10. GIVING EACH OTHER A SENSE OF BELONGING AND ASSURANCES OF COMMITMENT
If these qualities are missing, the relationship will erode as resentment withdrawal, abuse, neglect, and dishonesty; and pain will replace it.
Happiness keeps You Sweet,
Trials keep You Strong,
Sorrows keep You Human,
Failures keep You Humble,
Success keeps You Glowing,
but..........Only faith keeps You Going!
"In search for me, I discovered truth. In search for truth, I discovered love and in search for love, I discovered faith. In faith, I have found everything." "Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals."...Authors Unknown
Look at this linktoo:http://www.aish.com/dating/wisdom/Ten_Ways_to_Marry_the_Wrong_Person.asp
I like no.2 where it says..... You pick the wrong person because you focus more on chemistry than on character. Chemistry ignites the fire, but good character keeps it burning. Beware of the "I'm in love" syndrome. "I'm in love" often means, "I'm in lust." Attraction is there, but have you carefully checked out this person's character?
34 comments:
Now am I first?
Another good dose of commonsense.. Now need to apply these to my shotlist... *Whips out my Laptop, loads Microsoft Excel and begins to build a lookup table to rank current opportunities* lol...
'There are some people in your life that need to be loved from a distance....'
so true btwn my sister & I. We bearly murder each other if we stay under d same roof for a week or more but once we r far apart, we become best of friends. lol
Good dose of common sense like Danny said but i thin 'love rangers' would still put love as number one on d list. I believe with all those factors, you actually grow to love d person as time goes and d relationship/marriage gets better.
you can't take someone to the Altar then Alter them. CONFIRMED!!!!
Tigeress I came to bug you for part 2 and I see this!!! And why does it say Tuesday?
This post is amazing, good to know some of us will be smiling to the bank once our business deal is done- he he.
Off to check out the link.
This is not bad. You are becoming a relatioship expert Tigress
Once more my girl..still doing that eyes in sync motion!!..lol.. I so agree that you can't change any-one they are who they are and who are you to try to change..hell no-one can change me, so why should i expect to change another person!!
And I agree with Standtall - Tigeress the relationship expert!!
Loves it gurl and u too xxx
this is so right........ u just made me realise that there r truly some people that need to be loved from a distance........ and cut off the one that makes me feel worse......
funny i thot this was same as ur last post , not knowing tht u updated now i can relate more to this cos i recently did a painful friendship overhauling process to re-evaluate my friends and c which to promote,demote,or sack lol.
This IS true. It's important to evaluate our relationships from time to time, and separate the uplifters from the 'downbringers' (I'm sure this is not a word. Copied from the nefertiti dictionary).
But why do they say chemistry means you are in lust? I don't believe that. While I wouldn't put 'I'm in love'/chemistry as number one, I'd certainly add it to the list. Be cause I think it's needed along with those other things.
Why o why do u always get me started, Tigeress ehn? Wetin I do u?
im in total agreement with this one..
wish they were easy to apply but all those rules fly out the door when you see a fine brother...
@Tigeress
This is such a great post. You hit the nail right on the head. What keeps a relationship? A lot of people need to read this post. Keep it up sister
missed your blog...glad to be a part of it today.
Me? Relationship expert ke? I wish. More like cut&paste expert! This was written by someone.
Anyway, thanks guys. Felt i out to share this with you as a lot of us are looking for that 'special' someone. Hopefully we'll all choose right- by the grace of God.
Very true can't disagree
Hello! One Tiger to another! Great, great, great blog.
Make sure you stop by on mine.
xx
great girl, i totally agree with you. The persons character is very important o.
I love this line...'you can't take someone to the altar to alter them'!
I suppose it't the reason a lot of marriages are in trouble...great piece!
Hmmm, agreest thou to this out of experience or out of conviction?
couldnt agree more
girl these days you have become sooooo 'sensible' it scares me
next you will be inviting me to a wedding and your house behind the white picket fence.....actually that is not such a bad idea
every one is different
rules dont apply to everyone
sometimes chemistry is all you need
at other times personality is what counts
my wish....that everyone finds their own niche!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Miss DM, how did you come to the conclusion that i wasnt a sensible person in the first place?
I was actually saying I found the posts really insightful and informative that was just a tongue in cheek statement, sorry if it was misunderstood, I never intend to cause offence intentionally :-(
I've been around o, my sister. I read blogs, just dont have enough time to leave comments. I'm always reading from my phone so ........
It's interesting that I've been seeing a lot of relationship posts just when I started dating. I must say though that I'm always smiling when I read because I either already know what's being talked about or I pass the tests (as is the case with pt 1 of this post). It makes me happy to know I'm on point. Not saying I'm perfect o. Its just nice to know I have my bases covered and of course I'm learning new stuff and butressing old stuff.
Keep em coming, copy and paste professional, lol.
Np, Miss DM. :)
chemistry vs. character. that is so poignant.
How body?
thanx 4 sharing
hey T! just checking on u
Checking on you too....
I would have to consult you for some serious relationship advice. lol. Your post is amazing....
Thanks for this useful post girl.
True, you cant change anyone.
You know I have copied and pasted this in an email to those girlfriends of mine single and mingling. This is church....Happy V day in advance by the way. X
Happy val;s day!
i cant comment on ur most recent post..my heart was really heavy as i read it..when the hell is our country going to be noted for only positive things?
i hope hes caught and punished accordingly!
happy valentine's sweetie!
Post a Comment