Wednesday, December 17, 2008

PennS broke up with me!

PennS literally broke up with me within 2 weeks of our first date. Lol!!! Before I go into the dry details, let me apologize for not posting an update till now. I’ve been hanging out a lot with PennS and I’ve had some job issues I’ve been dealing with.

So as ‘yawl’ remember, I fled the first time I went to PennS’s apartment. As a matter of fact I haven't been there since. This coming Saturday will be my 1st time going since Thanksgiving- he’s cooking lunch/dinner for me. :)

It’s been 21 days since Thanksgiving, and I’ll say PennS and I have not seen each other for a total of about only 4 or 5 days withing these 21 days. We literally see each other all the time. I won't deny the fact that I like PennS A LOT, but unfortunately I quickly found out that it can never lead to anything serious- he’s Muslim. It took a while for him to understand why as a Christian it’s impossible for me to date him. From day one, he had made it clear to me he wanted something serious with me- and still maintains that but boy was I shocked when I got a text message and an email response from him after I had suggested we continue to hang out. [Btw, my tenants had pissed me off big time prior to this conversation. Another thing is that I have this new friend…. I’ll call him Youngin. Youngin is Nigerian- I just recently met him and we kinda hang out. As of now there is no gist there.]

Me: So after yesterday’s conversation, are we still gonna see each other?

Him: I think I should let you hang out with your Nigerian friends since I’m Senegalese and Muslim. I thot that those things were really were no longer a big deal.

Me: WTF, I never ever said I had a problem with you being Senegalese it’s the fact that you’re Muslim- I can't date a Muslim…….I am so upset right now cos u know i dont have a problem with u being Senegalese.
But you KNEW I cldnt date a Muslim before making a bloody pass at me!!!

Him: U know sleeping around with girls is the easiest thing you can do but sometimes u feel more that that.
Him: You r the one telling that u don't want to date a Muslim guy, if we cannot date what should be the reason to hang out together? I‘ll get emotionally attached to you while on ur end it doesn't bother u since u said u don't get close to people that quick.
Plus u r actually talking to a Nigerian guy, and I cannot share u with anybody else even though we r not dating.

Me: What Nigerian guy am I talking to? Or u mean I’m dating a Nigerian guy? Cos I have a lot of Nigerian friends. And before you came along- there were Nigerian guys who liked me- but guess what I did not date them, is NOT dating them, and will not be dating them. Wha’ u being mean for?

Him: I am not being mean; I am just trying to do the right thing. Do u think I want to stop hanging with u? No I don’t, I like being around you and everything that I say I mean. Yesterday I told u I wanted to still hang out with U and I still want to.

Aren't u hanging out with ur Nigerian friend from UBS? From my understanding the purpose of hanging out with someone is to build up something.

I like u, and still want to see u, but as I said yesterday I just don't want to mess around with girls anymore- I don’t want anything casual.

Me: Oooooooohhhhh my bad. My Nigerian friend -Youngin and I hanging out does not mean we’re trying to build up anything. We go to the same Church, he has a car, I don’t have a car. He takes me to Church. He’s a year younger than I am.

Why didn’t you just ask rather than jump to conclusions. I just met him very recent- like a week ago. Now if he likes me- I do not know but he hasn’t indicated so. Even if he does- not a big deal- I’m a big girl and can handle it. I’m not interested in him- at least for now. I can't be interested in more than one person at the same time. I don’t roll like that.

As for the whole relationship thing…………. I do see where u’re coming from. But still doesn’t mean I have to be excited about it.

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH, see dis dude, breaking up with me even before we start a relationship and before having sex!!! En dey craze?! Lol!!!

Fast forward to today- conversations with PennS has gotten waaaay better. He’s still quiet and shy- that’s his nature but he opens up more and we actually have a laugh and goof around when we hang out. We go out on dates regularly and he recently bought me a sweater dress- will take picture and post one of these days. But I know what you guys are thinking, I need to end this since we can't get serious, and I will. It’s one of my New Year’s resolutions. We’ve only seen each other once this week so I’m beginning to put a gap between us. But as you all know sey I be awoof- I too like food- I’m going over to his place this Saturday to eat free food- peanut stew with goat meat and rice or couscous (spelling?). YEAH!!! How I for resist dat one naow? And he knows perfectly well tht if he makes a pass at me again- I will FLEE!!! I’ve warned him already. Lol!!! But meeehhnn, his butt just keeps calling me. Tempting me, daring me, and luring me. I was on the train to work this morning and that was all I could see- him walking up the escalators and me standing behind. God help me! Lol!!

So you guys go ahead and decide- do you think I eventually broke my celibacy or am I still celibate?

Anyway, i'm off to Elizabeth town next week till next year. So if you guys dont hear from me- Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year. SHONA VIXEN i shall be seeing u soon. lol!!!

31 comments:

Anonymous said...

I AM FURST!!!!!1

Anonymous said...

Awww he sounds so sweeet! But you know what is important to you though...so you get to decide. Me I think I would give it a go but then again I dont have a religion so it may be easier for me. Goodluck and merry christmas.

Kookie said...

I forgot that now temite is back she will be first everywhere...lol

this is a real dilemma because religion is serious its a deal breaker in most relationships. If it were me I would want to keep him as a friend but since he doesnt want that will he accept you as a fling because it can't go any further leading to seriousness...unless one or the other is willing to compromise

Writefreak said...

He sounds cool...

But seriously if you're not going to date a muslim, the earlier you cut off the better...what you won't eat, don't smell!

Toluwa said...

Temite, u r looking for my trouble o! every where i go, u r furst! i am warning u o!

Tigeress...AWOOF! u wan put gap, but u still want chop im food! lol!

Ms.O said...

AWWW and I was looking foward to wearing Asoebi with you..lol

Please cut it off asap before it gets to complicated. Religion is a very touchy issue. Goodluck babes..:) And I hope you are still celibate!!

Anonymous said...

Guess some pragmatism was in order -- unless what u both want is something casual, it makes no sense proceeding.. cos at the end of it all it will be will be more broken hearts and all what not.. .

Rebirth said...

hmm, since u know theres no future, y smell with what u cant taste?

ShonaVixen said...

Yummy @ peanut stew...and m allergic to nuts...i take a whole load of antihistamines before eating it..lmao!!...I understand the Muslim thingy, me love my bacon...lol..
Gurl, so we going to be there on Saturday right!!But my friends want to go to Clause Bar that evening!..lol...Seductive or Clause that is the question!!

Tigeress said...

Thank you guys for the support and advice. Me sef i know i have to turn my back on him asap. But it really sucks that i finally meet a really nice and chilled dude who isn't demanding and i cant date him. Even his nationality isnt an issue for me anymore. He even already knows what 'fi mi si le' means. lol!! My trip to London will do the trick. When i come back we'll (church)be fasting till the 21st of Jan.09.

I'll gist you guys about Youngin when i get back or maybe this weekend after hanging out with him on Friday.

Tigeress said...

Shona me sef wan go Clause but decided to go the following weekend. Chatted to Toks(Ade) today and he's got my name down for the 27th. Free entry and free drinks- yawl know i be awoof. lol!! dont mind me- i dont even take alcohol but there is a group of us going so...... If you go Clause the following Saturday-3rd- let me know.

~Sirius~ said...

Aah Tigeress, you better live up to your name for this one.

AWOOF dey run Belly oh! in case you haven't heard, hear it now! LOL!

I like the fact ya'll are spelling things out- no hidden agendas. The earlier you disappear like a thief in the night, the better for you.

Sad that the people whom seem like the perfect fit tend to have a huge NO NO in a crucial department......That's just life init?

....If a mutual friendship works it's all good....But get your eyes AWAY from the BUTT!!!

ShonaVixen said...

Ok so will definitely see in Clause on the Saturday the 3rd...hmmm i just might follow them drinks right there!!..lol...and NYE??..LOL..

Buttercup said...

awww he sounds really sprung....but yea, i can understand u not wanting to disregard ur values..

this sounds really hard..good luck hon!

oh yea, enjoy ur holiday!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, is it possible to hang out with someone who's interested in one without the other's feeling getting deeper?

InCogNaija said...

he does not seem like he will be cool with a simple friendship alone then. seems like na to marry or bust...he sounds like a cool dude but its really your choice to make now.
overall, go chop that food jare...AWOF no dey run belle again jare, e don upgrade to stomach 4.0 with AWOF support.*wink* you cant shout!
and STAY AWAY FROM THAT BUTT. I have a bad ass butt too, and i am xtian. sheck me hout! lmao!!

Tigeress said...

Wahala! InCogNaija- u above 28? If so, email me ur profile now now!! lol!!

I shall go and chop d food- nothing gonna stop me. :) except the snow storm that is meant to occur. I'm gonna have the talk with him then. I'm going thru some job related challenges at the moment- so it's help switch off that light bulb glowing for him.

But yeh, he's real real sweet. But shii happens- wasnt meant to be.:(:( sob sob. NEXT!!

Enigma said...

I called out your name in my head..the way you dont like me calling it...

hmmm..we shall see.... plenty catching up to do

Tigeress said...

Enigma- sorry for getting off chat suddenly- i got distracted by PennS. lol!!

U're calling me Olutigeressmi? U want to marry 2nd wife?

Yup plenty catching up to do (ask me why i'm giggling- lol!!). anyway, what have u/yawl got in store for me? Coming out Saturday nite with us? Bob is suppose to tell u.

'Look forward to seeing ya.

princesa said...

Awwwh...he sounds really serious.

And i think its you who broke up with him not the other way round.

have fun on ur trip babes.

Afrobabe said...

Awww he seems so into u...but I understand where you are coming from with the christian muslim thingy......

Miss Definitely Maybe said...

why does 'love' have to be so complicated :-)
you find a guy who could potentially be the one then comes the BUT factor which throws a spanner into the whole works (sigh)

The Activist said...

Muslim and Xtian can live together as husband and wife ke. But hey have got to be liberal to make it work.
In situation like this, only you know what is best for you
Best wishes

bumight said...

reminds me of My Great High School Crush- he was muslim. same politics.

did u see ur public apology on my blog? I left London on the 22nd. Have fun there!

bumight said...

reminds me of My Great High School Crush- he was muslim. same politics.

did u see ur public apology on my blog? I left London on the 22nd. Have fun there!

Buttercup said...

happy holidays hon!

Omo calabar. said...

man dude sounds like he's cool. Should give him a chance, the religon thing shouldnt be such a big deal, depending on how u look at it.
Happy new year though

Parakeet said...

You and this your PennS sef. Me I stay outta situations like this. Cant handle the hearache abeg.

Anyways happy new year and may you find plenty of love and joy.

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

wow, just go for it, shebi?

Anyway, happy new year!

~Sirius~ said...

Happy New Year....having too much fun without us, huh?

doll (retired blogger) said...

Well think he is right…what is the point of hanging out and fanning flames of attraction when u knw u don’t want anything to come out from it…..ywhat u cant have is the most attractive and irresistible thing…so I wont be surprised if u fall heads over heels with him soon…
P.S I think u r still celibate